It's Prom Season again... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xoKaityPoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:15 pm
I'm a senior tooo my prom is on May 21
I love your dress it looks great on you I got a long dress lol im only 5 feet tall sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm
You know, I never really understood the point of dances. They're loud, expensive, and they take away from doing more productive things.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:01 pm
Arcanas
You know, I never really understood the point of dances. They're loud, expensive, and they take away from doing more productive things.

Some people actually *gasp* enjoy getting dolled up, going out with their friends, listening to music, and dancing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:30 pm
I love dances. Helps that I'm a dancer to begin with...

The only thing I'm dreading is who I'm going to go with. But I'll def have my friends around so it'll end up fine.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like listening to music and hanging out with my friends, but...my taste in music differs from what they play at those things. And this dancing thing...I don't understand the purpose of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:53 pm
What's the point of baseball or football or any sport to begin with? Dance is a sport, an art. It's a form of expression. It's everything. I've been dancing since I was 3. It's my destresser, its what I'm comfortable with. What's the point of doing anything?  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 pm
Because humans are savage competitive creatures, and those "sports" are more civil ways of releasing aggression.

I don't play those either, so yeah...

I mean, I can understand ballroom, and breakdancing...they have competitions for those.

But like...school dances? what's the point?

As I've stated numerous times in my time at this guild, cars are my form of release, be it working on them (fixing, or tuning to go faster) or just plain driving.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm
Arcanas
Because humans are savage competitive creatures, and those "sports" are more civil ways of releasing aggression.

I don't play those either, so yeah...

I mean, I can understand ballroom, and breakdancing...they have competitions for those.

But like...school dances? what's the point?

As I've stated numerous times in my time at this guild, cars are my form of release, be it working on them (fixing, or tuning to go faster) or just plain driving.

xp Well think of it like that then. Everybody has something that gives them a release and makes them feel relaxed and happy. It doesn't need to make sense to other people. In the same way that one person wouldn't understand why cars would make you so happy, it's the same as not understanting why dancing makes some people happy. xd I suck at dancing....but I still like to do it.
A big form of release for me is video games. If I didn't play video games I'd be waaaay more stressed out all the time. They calm me down and allow me to focus on something fun for a little bit. If I can come home from a bad day at work and tidy up my town on Animal Crossing, my stress just melts away.... 4laugh  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm
...I can't play Animal Crossing...that game stresses me out...I like to lose myself in RPG worlds, at least there, things make sense, and if you're broke, just go out and kill a few things ^_^

Can't do that here...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm
Yeah, see, I can dance and all, and I like music, but they rarely play anything worthwhile at dances, and I can ffind better places to dance. Where there's more light and less claustrophobia.  

sth the relinquished

Elder

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 pm
There's a school in the southern US (in Mississippi, maybe?) that just cancelled their prom because one of the girls wanted to wear a tux and bring her girlfriend. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm
well, i think that's a pretty sweet dress and it looks beautiful on you ^^ nice job.

my prom wasn't too elaborate for me... biggrin i'm proud of that, actually.

most of the girls went out and bought new, often expensive dresses. i used a recycled one! the dress i wore was also the dress from gr. 8 graduation (only because i already had it) and it was also a bridesmaid dress before that. woot woot. all i had to buy was a matching mandarin shirt and i was set. also wore the same heeled sandals on all 3 occasions, haha.

the only extra expense was to get my hair done... because my hair is ridiculously hard to do and make it stay nice looking. it's like... the THING... it absorbs curling irons, moisture, it expands, it wraps itself around stuff... it's crazy. O_O so that needed to be professionally done (and surprise surprise... it didn't even last all night). but i did my nails and such myself, didn't carry a purse as far as i remember, and got a ride there from my mom, and my date's dad drove us back.

some of my friends had actual dates, some went stag... i brought a friend date ^^ it was pretty cool. he was just a buddy of mine who was free and didn't mind suiting up. he DID get weird and angry toward the end of the night because of a joke i made O_o but other than that it was fun. not quite sure WHEN it's best to ask your date, but at least do it before you have to put a deposit on the tickets and stuff.

we didn't go to a hotel or anything afterward either, so all the girls slept over at my house and we watched movies and had snacks in pajamas ^^

overall it was a pretty good, and non-expensive prom.

*in response to aretoo's post*
WTF? that's a bit extreme for some intolerance, isn't it? O_o  

~DR.MOOFASA~

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:51 am
aretoo
There's a school in the southern US (in Mississippi, maybe?) that just cancelled their prom because one of the girls wanted to wear a tux and bring her girlfriend. *shrug*

I heard about that!! It's so messed up!!!! Like, I hear teachers sometimes commenting about how for their proms, you had to bring a person of the opposite sex but that was HOW long ago? Pretty much, they were too lazy to admit they were wrong and deal with it and decided to just cancel it instead.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:08 pm
that's because, if given the choice, they would've voted yes on prop 8...

Course, 5 years ago, my high school was pretty much the same way. You couldn't bring a date of the same gender. Pissed off quite a bit of people.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas