Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] ... Tale of Two...[Finished]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:30 pm
Sable set down the items in her hand and examined them as if they were someone else's treasures and not her own. She tilted her head and thought to herself. The items themselves were fine, and from what she could tell they were the same treasures she had loved since she had found them. But... Sable looked up in her quiet room, her bed was made, her room was bare...

Everything was exactly how it should be. But she couldn't shake the feeling that something was... out of place or missing...

Missing...

Sable sighed and returned her hands to shorting and cleaning her various treasures in front of her before she delicately returned them to their keepsake box. With a turn of her key the box was locked and everything was again in its place.

How long had it been since she had seen Krinn? She couldn't even put her mind to come up with a decent representation of the time... it had been too long.

But it wasn't that she was alone. If she was desperate enough, Mia was only a short walk from here... but the lecture she would get would likely be worse than the current state of... blah... that the apartment had taken on.

There was someone else here however... the three of them had moved in together as great friends but as time continued... time without Krinn that is, Sable began to realize something that wasn't so pleasant.

She wasn't sure if Cada and her really got along without Krinn.

The silence in the apartment, despite them both being home, was enough to confirm her deepest fears. It wasn't that she disliked Cada, more that she had no idea what to talk about when Krinn wasn't here. Worse, she had no idea how to approach him, so she just didn't.

Cada was sitting in the other room, doing what Cada did, and Sable was in her room, doing what she does. It was an interesting equilibrium, but it was starting to annoy Sable a bit. She wasn't exactly someone who liked quiet.

But as she stared at her bedroom door, slightly ajar and all, she still couldn't bring herself to approach Cada...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:54 pm
In the kitchen... or more sitting at the island that looked onward into the kitchen, Cada wondered about the eerie silence the home had taken. For as long as he could remember, it was easy to get along with the two of them... Sable and Krinn. He was an outgoing individual who didn't think much about who he got along with. Usually it was an on off kind of thing. Either he liked someone or he didn't.

With Krinn it was instinctive that he'd fall for the boy as much as he did. Not that he was in love or anything, he just truly felt a kindred spirit with the rain cloud dust. However with time passing by and no sign of the teen, the house had suddenly grown dull and lifeless. Even though he and Sable remained they never spoke much to each other... a mere good morning or good night in passing but nothing more.

Even as he gawked forelornly at the empty kitchen he could see the ghost like presence of his dear friend. Moving around and making meals just the way he liked. It was so drab without him, unable to poke fun at his girlish looks or pester the dust about how long it was taking to fix dinner. He missed the tomato deep blushes from all his teasing about Krinn making a wonderful house wife someday.. and listening to Sable's cute giggles at the responses. Sighing deeply the pestilence dust looked over his shoulder at the door that lay ajar. It wasn't as if no one was home... she was just on the other side but he had never once thought of knocking and asking for her company. Somehow it didn't seem right.

Whenever Krinn was around Sable was just there. He never needed to ask. So without the other teen it was like a slap in the face of just how neglectful he'd become. Tip-toeing closer to her door he wondered what she were doing? What would she be thinking with all the silence in the house. It was like a constant reminder of how frail their friendship must be. Without one the remaining two seemed locked in a constant state of wondering.

Grumbling to himself he stepped closer to her door peeking inside just a little only his feet were more clumsy then he gave credit and with a jerk forward he fumbled into the pixie's room tumbling head first into her bed. A sheepish grin followed a dull groan as he tried righting himself and apologizing all at the same time... "Ah sorry.. I was just.. I mean!" This was far too awkward. They were friends, housemates for Aevah's sake! Why should he sneak about? Like walking on eggshells, she was the same Sable as before... right? "Sorry." He bleated out again, rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head. "I just wanted to see if you were okay... it's been a bit quite lately." To say the least. He left the obvious reason out of it but at least the ice had been broken, now it was left to her for a response or he'd just exit stage left with just a little of his dignity intact.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm
The sudden clatter and appearance of Cada shocked Sable. This was an odd thing since technically she had watched the entire thing happen. Sable had been staring at her door and saw Cada fall into her room just fine, but it surprised her all the same.

"Well it is nice of you to erm... fall in..." she giggled a bit before returning to silence. Somehow it just felt wrong to giggle just then, like she was betraying something, or even being rude. Sable slid off her bed and stretched. She fluttered her wings a bit too to let some of her dust loose.

"I'm doing fine, just not much to do these days..." She explained. It was quiet and she hated it, somehow she felt Cada must hate it too. She looked out the window, "Any idea when he might come back? I haven't seen him for a while..." Sable wasn't one to beat around the bush. She knew darn well what was wrong. Further she knew Cada knew this too.

And if Krinn was all they could talk about then so be it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 pm
Cada nodded in response to the pixie's comment, he had known the silence was due to their missing Krinn but he hadn't been able to say it. Now that it was out there he didn't want to hold back. Sitting silently for a moment crossed legged on the floor he looked toward the window as well.

"I don't know. I haven't felt the rain in a while." It was true, usually when the pestilence dust was in need of some time alone he'd go to the cliffs where it always rained. A familiar rain that Krinn hadn't realized he created when he was frustrated, happy or sad. It was easy to tell the other teen's mood but with Sable it wasn't as easy as tasting or smelling the elements.

She was a completely different story. Perhaps this was what frustrated him, they hadn't grown up together. Aside from the one time he'd lost his beloved toy and was fortunate for the pixie to have been his aid, he'd seen little of her after. Not until they'd grown into the teens they were today and now without the glue that bound them as a trio it seemed like all was falling apart. The dust frowned, he'd be damned if he let such a thing happen. What wasn't to like about Sable? She was cute, straight forward and about as honest as anyone he knew. He liked that she was fun to be around and it was about time he proved he didn't need Krinn for that fact to be true.

"I'm tired." He announced suddenly standing to his feet to give a stretch. "Whatever he's doing, it's his choice. We can sit here and brood until he comes back or move on with our lives." It was true. Cada didn't like being bored and he could tell neither did Sable. "I've lost two of my friends I don't want to lose you too." Krinn being one and Mr. Happy being the other (conveniently under the care of the swamp dust). Holding out a hand he smiled warmly offering a charming wink. "Until he returns we'll just have to get used to each other. I hope you don't mind me flirting... If Krinn is absent then you're my next target!" He teased, wanting desperately to break the static atmosphere. It wasn't his style to brood for long, pout maybe but brood, hardly.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 pm
Sable smirked, "Ya know, it rains even if Krinn isn't here." she chuckled and turned slightly red, "And I don't think you will lose me as a friend, Krinn or no Krinn... it's just... I guess that I have no idea how to act around you." She folded her arms and tilted her head. "I usually just act like I normally do around Krinn and there you are and it all just makes more sense and is more fun." She chuckled, "But I'm not going to treat you like Krinn, because you aren't." she smirked.

"I have an idea." These words were deadly when said from the lips of this particular pixie. Her eyes sparkled in a way that told the world they should hide for their well being. But for Sable, and for Krinn, it meant time for something fun. Sable knew that Cada would understand as she sprinted foreword and touched Cada's hoodie before shrinking and flying off.

"Tag!~"

Maybe the thing they were missing was the opportunity to be able to bond as she and Krinn had, as Cada and Krinn had....

An adventure or two would fix that right up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 pm
Cada smiled as well, though he could see what she meant he had never wanted to make her feel uncomfortable around him. There really was no particular way to act around him outside of being one's self. Maybe it was just harder to understand since they'd always had Krinn as their go-between. Now with the middle man missing there was nothing but Cadaver and Sable left to better understand each other.

At her mention of an idea, Cada's eyebrow quirked curiously. What did she have in mind? And before he could ask the all too familiar challenge had been laid on him. "Ack! No fair!" He cried out, unable to resist a game of tag no matter how much older he'd gotten. He knew it would be a time honored game in his heart... but playing with a pixie was not going to be easy. Especially since she could shrink and fly on top of that.

"Seriously no fair! You can't use your magic Saaaable!" Cada whined but gave chase anyway unable to help himself.

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items