Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Banner ads that burn your eyeballs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh look! A banner ad!
  Discover my "anime" self? I was lost? And in an anime?
  O_O Is this website selling clones of Mr. Bean? *invests in better adblocking software*
  5-bajillion emoticons just for giving out my social security #? How can I loose?!
View Results

gearfreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 pm
I hate those "Congratulations! You won" ads that you can blatantly tell by the voice was made by some 18-year-old script kiddy...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:56 am
User Image
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★User Image★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Those freaky dog human hybrid ones. I'm not sure what it's for though. They scare me though.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★User Image★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:00 am
I'm so glad I'm not the only one freaked out by the Mr.Bean ads.

I hate the ones that scroll with you on a website, or if you accidentally scroll over them it extends covering the whole page or a video for a crappy movie plays.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:11 am
Omg, I can do you one worse, SweetSadism. I used to always run into those adds that would extend the moment the page fully loaded, regardless if you scrolled over it or not, then it would play a sound clip about it, and then you'd go to click the "x" button, and it wouldn't be there! Or even worse, the "x" didn't really exist, but they showed it so that when you clicked the "x" it was basically clicking on the ad, so it brought you to the page, which would thus make your computer run slower for a few hours.  

blue_green

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:11 pm
SuchSweetSadism
I'm so glad I'm not the only one freaked out by the Mr.Bean ads.

I hate the ones that scroll with you on a website, or if you accidentally scroll over them it extends covering the whole page or a video for a crappy movie plays.

Those have been happening to me on Gaia lately! Only they won't fully load, so there's no way I can pause the video. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 pm
I really hate the video banners that start up on their own & are very loud & unnecessary to hear.  

Kire Kaysan

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:42 am
@Narumi - Oh god I hate those dog/people ones >.< Any time I see it, I have to refresh the page quickly.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:10 am
blue_green
Omg, I can do you one worse, SweetSadism. I used to always run into those adds that would extend the moment the page fully loaded, regardless if you scrolled over it or not, then it would play a sound clip about it, and then you'd go to click the "x" button, and it wouldn't be there! Or even worse, the "x" didn't really exist, but they showed it so that when you clicked the "x" it was basically clicking on the ad, so it brought you to the page, which would thus make your computer run slower for a few hours.

Ah man, I totally forgot about ones with fake x-buttons. Man, the evolution of the annoying ad.

What's next? D:  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers