Reply Community Lounge
Halp? I wantz scholarshipz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blue_green

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:28 pm
Hello, my beloved ATG friends. I know I have been gone for so long. I missed you all! crying I have been busy with school and all. It's my senior year and while everyone else has been getting senioritis, I've been buckling down and getting things done.

Well, I have something important that I would like to use you get your help to complete it. You see, there is this contest for a scholarship which is just so simple, and while I do not feel confident that I will win, it is so worth a try.
All I have to do is make a two minute video about myself!... without any copyright infringment whatsoever... not so much as a label on my shirt...

So, I can't use any music... unless... perhaps I could write my own. -hinthint- But now I need a rythmic and/or pitch motive to get myself started.

Also, how can I sum myself up without lying in the most impressive way possible?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 am
I'd imagine doing a lot of quick cuts would be good for this sort of thing. Make it more snappy.

Or do something odd like the Old Spice commercial with Bruce Campbell, and walk along a wall with something interesting going on.... Having to do with yourself of course.

You want to do something that will make your entry memorable. Humor and randomness are good for that.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:43 am
Above is really good. I'd probably go in a noir direction, but that's because it's reflective of me, so I don't know what to tell you there except find an art form that might help conveying yourself in the same manner. I'd also say dress simple and professional, unless it's uncomfortable, or you think it doesn't fit your personality.

Also, do you [or anyone else] know of any scholarships (primarily regarding videos, or essays) for those already in college.

Private school demands too much money from me. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm
Hmm...if you wanted to go without music, you could take a bunch of pictures of things that are important to you (friends, family, teachers, etc.) and then set it to a narration of yourself. Windows has a voice recorder that isn't awesome, but it could get the job done. If you really want to use music, I'd find out the exact specifics of the copywrite thing, for example if it'd just be music owned by WMG.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

blue_green

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 pm
I'd rather not have anyone else in the video because that I have to get a written concent from every person I show in my video other than myself. And the copyright rule is pretty simple. Everything must be my own. If I use music, it has to be mine. I can't even wear a Disney T-shirt cuz it counts as a label.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:05 am
blue_green
I'd rather not have anyone else in the video because that I have to get a written concent from every person I show in my video other than myself. And the copyright rule is pretty simple. Everything must be my own. If I use music, it has to be mine. I can't even wear a Disney T-shirt cuz it counts as a label.

Are you able to get a consent from your family members at least? Just so you can have some people, if you did want to anyway?  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items