Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
UM IM CONFUSED (A) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

person count
  +1
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think that that's a little bit too complicated for what we're going for.

For a more secure password, try something simple - like playing with capitalization, punctuation, and numbers. If you know a different language, use that to your advantage, too!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm
mahi poi no ka oi
Erriol
Daypaw

Make sure you change your password.

Make it something more secure.

But don't make ur password like a,b,c or 1,2,3 or worse password. Make something only u should know.
That's the definition of more secure. What I usually do is salt an encrypted short phrase with the one time pad encryption method. I grab a simple password such as "apple" and salt it a bit by adding a random number to each returned number. Encrypting apple with a OTP encryption .bat file I have returns
++-++16140+-+-+++-++15833+-+-+++-++15833+-+-+++-++15599+-+-+++-++16141+-+-+
with key 15433. So I salt it by adding a random number on a set algorithm say "1 3 5 7 9" to turn the encrypted message into
++-++116140+-+-+++-++315833+-+-+++-++515833+-+-+++-++715599+-+-+++-++916141+-+-+

Then whenever I need to recover the password, I can encrypt apple with the key 15433 and add the salt as necessary. This is very basic encryption though so don't rely on it for anything really important like work databases or anything.

The guy can't spell and you want him to create an encryption using algorithms? You best be trollin'....  

garion3211

token27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:35 pm
well can any one help me get back to my 200k?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

____If you fill out a proper hacking report with all of the appropriate information, you should get everything back within one week. Nothing can be done about what was lost until you submit a report.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

token27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 pm
i did a while bck nothing happened  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

____It's probably still under investigation. Give it another week and then you might want to PM a moderator and politely ask about the status of the investigation of the hack.  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

token27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:50 am
can you donate some gold or an unwanted item?
you know to help me get started on my way back to 200k or restoring my inventory  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 am

I would suggest setting up a thread in the Donations & Charities subforum; even though we act as moderators here in the guild, we have no more gold than any other users and work to earn it the same as everyone else. Many of us have obligations for our gold (such as guild events or contests we hold elsewhere) and have little if any to spare, when we aren't questing ourselves.

Setting up a donation thread will allow users who DO have a bit to spare come to you and possibly contribute to your cause.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:13 am
User ImageUser Image

____I think that that would be a "begging thread," which isn't allowed.

____Don't ask others for their gold or unwanted items, thatdudeiscoolazhell. It will make them less likely to donate to you. Your best bet is to make a quest in Item Quests.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 pm
Sounds like you were hacked.
Bummer ._.;;
Yeah, you can't really rely on the report system to much. They get reports like yours everyday, and it's hard to really figure out if you were hacked and if there's anything they can do about it.
I got hacked before ;3; but that's cause I was stupid.
Afraid you'll have to get all your stuff back yourself.  

Red RRabbit

Friendly Gekko

☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas