Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Can i wear a Pentagram?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smol Pixel IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:42 pm
since theres so many satanist at my school doing "black magick" on me a friend blessed this pentagram with "white magick"
she says its supose to where off bad vibes & keep me protected from both black & white "magick"
i also where a Christan cross & an egypican [sorry if i spelled that wrong] cross. Am i allowed to do that?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:04 pm
Why in the world would you need a pendant to ward off something when the Spirit of God can protect you from anything?

Why would you support wearing things that support people's false gods and idols when our God is the one and only God, with no other gods before Him?

Our God loves you so much that He is actually jealous for you. He gets jealous when we turn our affections to other things, because He wants to be our Only One.

Nobody's stopping you from doing anything. But what you do represents who you are, and where your beliefs, loyalties, and love lies. If you do things that support other gods, what does that say about you?  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Smol Pixel IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:59 pm
Saint Crazy S Requiem
Why in the world would you need a pendant to ward off something when the Spirit of God can protect you from anything?

Why would you support wearing things that support people's false gods and idols when our God is the one and only God, with no other gods before Him?

that say about you?

not to be rude, but that was a close minded thougth.

Over the last few days i been thinking bout other religons.
Like how bout the Jewish gods & Buddha & the I-Ching
what bout the Big Bang Theroy?
and all the other gods. I found out that most religons
are Pangan One way or another.
Im sorry but i will disagree with you on that.
I will disagree with anyone saying that there god is there
only true god. i grew up very open minded.
for instance just becuase i
buy black candles that dosen't mean i
worship satan, just like the preist says.
Sometimes Agnosticism makes more sence.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:19 pm
Well, what religion do you claim?  

WoodSorrelWitch

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:47 am
Sorry if I offended you, but there is only one God for me, and that's the God that saved me.

I don't really care what makes sense or not... that'll take care of itself on its own.
Jesus told us to "love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and ALL your soul and ALL your mind and ALL your strength."
And I trust Him enough to do that.

So no, I can't be "open-minded" if open-minded means having to share my heart between two or more gods other than My God, my Savior.

As for you, well, you're saying a lot about where your heart lies. I'm not persecuting you for what you think; just noting.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:35 pm
Saint Crazy S Requiem
So no, I can't be "open-minded" if open-minded means having to share my heart between two or more gods other than My God, my Savior.

Well said!! Totally agreed!

WoodSorrelWitch

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:41 pm
Love is patiant, love is Kind.

I kind of understand where xMurderxMexDeadx is comeing from. I mean I like black, I like it ALOT, so some people call me a satainist, but I read the bible openly and openly worship God. All I can say it, Follow your heart and Pray for guidence.

1 Corinthins 13:4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 pm
Black Fanged Wolf
All I can say it, Follow your heart and Pray for guidence.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Mark 7:21-2 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness.

Don't follow your heart. Follow God and His Word.

WoodSorrelWitch

ede stercum meum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:47 am
I'm going to answer this simply, because it seems the answers you're getting are saying different things: If you're wholly a christian, and believe Jesus is your Savior and love only God, and believe with all of your heart that He is the one and only God, then no, you should not wear a pentagram or any other type of other-religion paraphernalia (including that Egyptian necklace).

Also, about this "magick" business, it can not affect you. There is no way that "magick" is real, even if you go about it scientifically. It's just not possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 pm
le petit soleil
I'm going to answer this simply, because it seems the answers you're getting are saying different things: If you're wholly a christian, and believe Jesus is your Savior and love only God, and believe with all of your heart that He is the one and only God, then no, you should not wear a pentagram or any other type of other-religion paraphernalia (including that Egyptian necklace).

Also, about this "magick" business, it can not affect you. There is no way that "magick" is real, even if you go about it scientifically. It's just not possible.

I agree with this but the part about black magic having no effect on you isn't true. Anything that distracts you from Christ is evil pulling you away from the Lord. It does have a very real effect on your heart and soul, even something as innocent as deciding to wear a necklace. Its not the necklace that is bad, its what it represents. The necklace is standing for a different religion and set of beliefs which go against the Bible and Christ. Ultimately its your decision but if your beliefs are that easily shaken that your considering being Agnostic, I'd really analyze where your soul lies.  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

digital_kobraX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 pm
stick with your cross bro

and stay away from all magic it sounds like your friends are practiceing wicka ( not sure if thats how it is spelled)
i am telling the truth when i say its not someting you want to get mixed up in  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:44 pm
I would suggest wearing an icthus, the fish symbol. Anyways if God is bigger than everything then why should you fear evil? Scripture says that God will not let anything happen to you that you can't handle. Just look at the story of Job. Satan had to ask God for permission to test Job and try to make him deny God. God knew Job's heart and let it happen. Job never denied or cursed God and for that he was given everything he lost multiplied.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Lacy Casey Lingerie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 am

Whoa.

Black, Satan didn't need to ask God for permission.

Job was an extremely prideful man.
His pride moved him away from God's blessing and protection.
Satan only asked to taunt God.

Job moved away from God and was of the world once more.
A world ruled by Satan.
In which Satan could have done those things to Job without even having to go to God,
For Job had sinned his way out of his blessings.

It wasn't about testing Job.
Job chose to be prideful as much as he was,
At the time he was considered the worst committer's of pride.

God gave us the free will to choose and he values that over our own lives. And so Job chose to be of the world again when he was prideful, instead of being of God and his Word.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:08 am

Also when did;

Black = Satan?

That's just horribly misconstrued.
Black is a color.
Just because a few handful of people out of 6 billion will use black candles for their own intents does not mean that black itself is of Satan.

To say so is to be as ignorant as to say,

Satan = God.

Also:

Christianity

Christ as a Pentagram, from Valeriano Bolzani's Hieroglyphica (Basel, 1556)

The pentagram is used as a Christian symbol for the five senses,[12] and if the letters S, A, L, V, and S are inscribed in the points, it can be taken as a symbol of health (from Latin salus).[13]
Medieval Christians believed that the "pentalpha" symbolises the five wounds of Christ. The pentagram was believed to protect against witches and demons.[14]
The pentagram figured in a heavily symbolic Arthurian romance:[14] it appears on the shield of Sir Gawain in the 14th century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. As the poet explains, the five points of the star each have five meanings: they represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ,[15] the five joys that Mary had of Jesus (the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption), and the five virtues of knighthood which Gawain hopes to embody: noble generosity, fellowship, purity, courtesy, and compassion.
Most Christians, probably due to their misinterpretation of symbols used by ceremonial magicians, came to associate it with Satanism and subsequently rejected the symbol sometime in the twentieth century.[14]

Satanism

Satanic Pentagram.

Satanists use a pentagram with two points up, often inscribed in a double circle, with the head of a goat inside the pentagram. This is referred to as the Sigil of Baphomet. They use it much the same way as the Pythagoreans, as Tartaros literally translates from Greek as a "Pit" or "Void" in Christian terminology (the word is used as such in the Bible, referring to the place where the fallen angels are fettered). The Pythagorean Greek letters are most often replaced by the Hebrew letters לויתן forming the name Leviathan. Less esoteric LaVeyan Satanists use it as a sign of rebellion or religious identification, the three downward points symbolising rejection of the holy Trinity and the horns pointing up in defiance of conventional religious (spiritual) dogma.

Neopaganism

A typical Neopagan pentagram (circumscribed).

Many Neopagans, especially Wiccans, use the pentagram as a symbol of faith similar to the Christian cross or the Jewish Star of David. It is not, however, a universal symbol for Neopaganism, and is rarely used by Reconstructionists. Its religious symbolism is commonly explained by reference to the neo-Pythagorean understanding that the five vertices of the pentagram represent the four elements with the addition of Spirit as the uppermost point. As a representation of the elements, the pentagram is involved in the Wiccan practice of summoning the elemental spirits of the four directions at the beginning of a ritual.
The outer circle of the circumscribed pentagram is sometimes interpreted as binding the elements together or bringing them into harmony with each other. The Neopagan pentagram is generally displayed with one point up, partly because of the "inverted" goat's head pentagram's association with Satanism; however, within traditional forms of Wicca a pentagram with two points up is associated with the Second Degree Initiation and in this context has no relation to Satanism.[18]
Because of a perceived association with Satanism and also because of negative societal attitudes towards Neopagan religions and the "occult", many United States schools have sought to prevent students from displaying the pentagram on clothing or jewelry.[19][20][21] In public schools, such actions by administrators have been determined to be in violation of students' First Amendment right to free exercise of religion.[22]

*Quotes courtesy of Wikipedia~

Pentagrams have been used by more than just Satanists, and certainly didn't originate from them. A pentagram means only what you want it to mean, seeing as the only symbol that has any real power is the Cross.

Other symbols only have power if you give them that power over you.

A pentagram isn't inherently evil, even if you have a two points up one.

It's just like the Swastika.
When anyone ever says that they think;

Nazis, so therefore a swastika is bad as well.
What a lot of people don't know is that the swastika used to be used as an every day thing, still is in India.

But since the Nazis used their in their regime, Western societies have dubbed it a thing of evil and haven't looked at it since. Germany has even made it illegal in their country.

It has been used since the Neolithic ages, yet a few decades can forever condemn a single symbol to evilry by the close minded people of main stream societies.

Lacy Casey Lingerie

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff