Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Seven Days

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:57 pm
Okay in my Youth group get these bulletins and sometimes they have interesting things to try.

Today I got a paper that said Seven Days of Loving Jesus.... It told you what to do for seven days. I thought I would wanna try it and maybe you guys would want to also.

Day 1
Read the following passages that summarize the gospel of Jesus, then pick one to memorize and meditate on throughout the day: Romans 3:23 - 26; Romans 5:6-11; 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Day 2 Read the book of 1 John, then make a list of characteristics of someone who knows and loves Jesus. Consider whether these practices are the pattern of your life.

Day 3 Call another Christian who is about following Jesus, and ask them how they keep Him central in their daily life. Ask for their prayers and counsel as you seek to love Christ more (Hebrews 13:7)

Day 4 Approach your work today as more than a way to make a living, but rather as an opportunity to serve Jesus (Colossians 3:23) "adorn" the gospel (Titus 2:10), and bless others (Ephesians 4:28 )

Day 5 Meditate on Jesus' words "Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:40) Think of one way you could give a specific person in need (and thus give Christ), and make arrangements to do it within the next week.

Day 6 Think of a Christian friend who could use encouragement. Call them or drop by for a visit, then follow up with a handwritten note. (John 13:34 - 35)

Day 7 Begin your morning by praying for the opportunity to share about Jesus with a non-Christian----Then don't be surprised when God gives you one! (1 Peter 2:9)

After this think about repeating the process the next week and the next week and the week after that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:24 pm
it is a very good idea but it sounds like it is ment for old people lol
they may be kinda corny but please tell us how it works out  

digital_kobraX

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm
Okay.... But you could try it too. It might brighten up your week.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:38 pm
I am gonna start tomorrow.  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 pm
Awesome! biggrin
I'm gonna try this with the youth group in my church
With a few modification though, since most of them don't work
lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 pm
Secret_lillies
Okay in my Youth group get these bulletins and sometimes they have interesting things to try.

Today I got a paper that said Seven Days of Loving Jesus.... It told you what to do for seven days. I thought I would wanna try it and maybe you guys would want to also.

Day 1
Read the following passages that summarize the gospel of Jesus, then pick one to memorize and meditate on throughout the day: Romans 3:23 - 26; Romans 5:6-11; 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Day 2 Read the book of 1 John, then make a list of characteristics of someone who knows and loves Jesus. Consider whether these practices are the pattern of your life.

Day 3 Call another Christian who is about following Jesus, and ask them how they keep Him central in their daily life. Ask for their prayers and counsel as you seek to love Christ more (Hebrews 13:7)

Day 4 Approach your work today as more than a way to make a living, but rather as an opportunity to serve Jesus (Colossians 3:23) "adorn" the gospel (Titus 2:10), and bless others (Ephesians 4:28 )

Day 5 Meditate on Jesus' words "Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:40) Think of one way you could give a specific person in need (and thus give Christ), and make arrangements to do it within the next week.

Day 6 Think of a Christian friend who could use encouragement. Call them or drop by for a visit, then follow up with a handwritten note. (John 13:34 - 35)

Day 7 Begin your morning by praying for the opportunity to share about Jesus with a non-Christian----Then don't be surprised when God gives you one! (1 Peter 2:9)

After this think about repeating the process the next week and the next week and the week after that.

will it brighten up the week if i try it?  

evvethegreat

5,500 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:36 pm
It might.  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff