Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Gaia's Christian Network News
Man gives his wife's murderer a Bible.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:06 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

A husband shocked a Manhattan, N.Y., court by giving his wife's murderer a Bible and encouraging him to save his soul, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

"God is going to be with you," Noel Pumarejo sobbed, his hand on a boxed bible and his eyes on David Andrango, 32, who stabbed his wife to death over $10,000 in missing gold when they worked together at an Upper East Side boutique three years ago.

"Just read this Bible, and come to him (Jesus), and save your soul. God bless you, David," he told the convicted killer.

The judge showed less mercy -- sentencing illegal immigrant Andrango, originally from Ecuador, to 25-years-to-life imprisonment.

The store where Sandra Pumarejo worked as a bookkeeper fired Andrango after he swiped $10,000 in raw gold -- but she promised not to call the cops if he would pay it back, and even helped him work out a restitution schedule.

Andrango stabbed her to death in the jewelry store days later, after paying only $400 back.

"I know that nothing will bring her back," Andrango said Monday, when given his own chance to speak.

"I didn't think very well before acting," he said, through a Spanish interpreter. "I've lost my family, my children. But I will keep you in my prayers forever, all of you," he told Noel Pumarejo.

"All of you. I can't look you very straight in the face. I am ashamed.

"Thank you for the Bible. I will take it with me all of the time. I will always read it," he added.

Noel Pumarejo was gracious about the man who murdered his wife of 19 years after the sentencing, saying, "Now I want for him to be saved, too. I don't care about the sentence. I just care for his soul."

Now here's a question for everyone:

Do you think you could care about a person like that after they murdered a loved one of yours?

--This has been a report from Co-Anchor Faithful Quenga, all glory be to God, AMEN!

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 pm
wow.... that's amazing... I don't think I could do that.  

Seraphim6496

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:45 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I'm not sure if I could. I'm really trying to work on forgiveness and loving everyone no matter what they've done. I would do my best to pray for that person's salvation though.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:56 pm
Change is the law of life.

Its tough accepting.

Most likely I would hold a grudge for what they've done.

He should have thought twice and let the bad thoughts behind.

And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future

St Tamminominay

rosadria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:59 pm
I'd like to say I could be as big a man as Pumarejo, but I highly doubt I would be anywhere near that. I'd try, but in the end I would probably have to pick teeth out of my knuckles ><  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:57 pm
User Image

I would not be able to do that.
I would flip the heck out. o__0

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 pm
VK Fox
I'd like to say I could be as big a man as Pumarejo, but I highly doubt I would be anywhere near that. I'd try, but in the end I would probably have to pick teeth out of my knuckles ><
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

that makes me think of my brother. he's very kind and gentle, most of the time and tries to forgive but boy does his fighting nature get in the way of that.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm
i can't do that, i just can't the intense sadness of losing a loved one, plus the rage for the person who did it, the first thought would be to beat him/her to a bloody pulp. and its a natural human emotion, to want to avenge your loved one, but shouldn't always follow that. what Pumarejo did, was amazing.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:30 pm
Everyone has their own way of forgiving people. As long as the guy faces justice, I think I can deal with forgiving. I will have to sooner or later anyway, since she will never be in my life again, and as a Christian, it should be my duty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:51 pm
Oh wow that's amazing! I wish I could be that forgiving!  

starry night-163

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:20 pm
THAT WAS AMAZING!!! I'm just a teenager so I can't be married now..but where I am now...I already know I wouldn't do what that guy did. I WANT THAT LOVE AND THAT FORGIVENESS!!! Being able to express that Christ-like love AFTER his wife was killed...he welcomed him to be SAVED! THAT IS JUST AMAZING! GLORY TO GOD!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:29 pm
Oh.
Wow
This really puts things into perspective.
To tell the truth I don't know how I would react.
You never know until it's time for you to wear the shoes.

I'm really glad that there is still people willing testify and give God the Glory through hail and storm though.

Although on a lighter note; most humans(Christians?) would have just grabbed that bible and turn it into a murder weapon XD

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

The Icy Dice

Conservative Hunter

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:50 pm
Yeah that is a good thing... Besides, even though your loved one die they will always support you... Even without sight. Besides... weeping can't make you move on and your deceased loved one live.. This story really has a good meaning. The man was also strong enough to move on and live knowing that he no longer has his wife.. But God is always with him.  
Gaia's Christian Network News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games