Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
A cell phone story.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 pm
So I haven't had a cell phone since around Christmas. My last one was a very very very old Tracfone, with no color screen, no camera... (I called it Dinosaur Phone, Brick, etc.) but it made calls and texts just fine and lasted a long time. However, on Christmas Eve we had a very big snowstorm and I went with my friend to go play in it. I dropped my phone in the snow while sledding, and since the snow was almost waist-deep we didn't find it until after it melted.

Surprisingly, it was still ON when my dad finally found it. It did work, but didn't stay on very long and still has some bugs to it, so I don't use it anymore. (Frankly, I was looking forward to getting rid of it) :/

It's been a few months and being phoneless has gone from slightly boring, to a minor inconvenience, to a MAJOR pain.

A few weeks ago some friends and I wanted to go to Whataburger, and they went in their car and I was going to follow. However, some cars got in between us and I lost them, and I spent a good 20 minutes wandering around random neighborhoods trying to find out where they went. D:

And right now I'm trying to make plans for tomorrow, and since another friend doesn't know where'll he'll be at a certain time, we can't meet up anywhere at a certain time. So I have to borrow somebody's phone and call him when I'm finished with my stuff to find out where he is, drive there, and hope he's actually there by that time.

((vv TLDR vv))

I just can't stand these anymore:
- not being able to talk to somebody when I'm dying of boredom
- people not being able to find me (What if it's something important? I could be missing out on a lot...)
- only being able to make plans while I'm at home
- having to give out my email when my church groups want to keep me posted
- not having GPS, Google, or a camera when I could really use it (and so many phones have that now.)

and there's so much more. I feel like I'm seriously missing out. I love high-tech stuff and I don't even have any. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

to be honest. I'm not sure what I would do without my cell phone. I had one since I was 11 and have gone no longer than 1 week without one.

I have a hard enough time as it is if I ever accidentally leave it at home for a couple hours.

it's the only way my family knows where the other one is.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:05 pm
I don't use my cell phone a lot but it does come in handy. I have had it for three years and all I have been able to use it for was calls. I wish I had unlimited texting but my phone does the job.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I don't have a cell phone at all. O_O

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Bioluminescent Sharpies

5,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have a cell phone, but I don't use it since I fell in a frozen lake and it disintegrated.
Literary. It just started falling apart.
And I didn't have insurance on it.
My sister did.
To me, cell phones are just a luxury that I really don't need.
But I'll tell you what I do need,
My laptop.
I <3 my laptop!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:40 am
I have a cell phone but never use it.
I really don't understand wht my friends love them so much.
But if I loose my DS I'll start freaking out and acting like it's the end of the world till I find it.  

finalfantasyfreak1O1

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:07 pm
See, I wouldn't mind not having a cell phone if everybody around me didn't have one, but it gets a little frustrating when people ask if they can text or call me and I'm like, "Only if I'm at home." D:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 pm

I was phoneless from 9pm last night till I left for church this morning! It wasn't that bad last night because I didn't have anyone who needed to contact me. But this morning was stressful because I had to be picked up to be taken to an out of town church. The people who picked me up didn't know where I lived (though it is basically right off the freeway) so I wasn't sure they could find me and if they couldn't, we had no way of communicating.

Well my mom handed me her cellphone (because she was with my dad and he has one lol) to take with me and let me borrow till my new one comes.

I was a little worried because Tuesday I'm taking a 3hr train ride to pick up my car and drive it back while my husband drives his car home. It would have been very hard to not have a phone to get into contact with someone. When I get home Tuesday night I'll be able to have my own phone again because the new one is being shipped to me on that day.

The worst part is, my phone won't even turn back on for me to get ANY of my contacts! So I'll be pretty much lost on any number I had in my phone, including my therapist, who I need to reschedule an appointment with lol.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm

I got a new phone story sweatdrop

My replacement phone is also defective! gonk

Today I had to send back the replacement phone, and I will receive a new phone come Friday or so.

The hopefully good part about all this is that the phone they are sending me is the upgraded version to my previous phone. It's called the Samsung Messenger and they told me they will send me a Samsung Messenger 2. I really hope this phone works an will last for me too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 am
Whaaah. That's crazy. xD

See, now, my computer at home is now busted (This is a school comp) so now I'm pretty much cut off from the world when i go home. Unless you count the home phone, but who uses that anymore... razz  

Saint Crazy The Follower

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:53 am
Saint Crazy S Requiem
Whaaah. That's crazy. xD

See, now, my computer at home is now busted (This is a school comp) so now I'm pretty much cut off from the world when i go home. Unless you count the home phone, but who uses that anymore... razz

ha ha I just was talking with my dad about that yesterday, but it was more just joking around. The only time I use the house phone is if someone intercoms me lol. Or if I have to make phone calls to business places.

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff