Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Cash Shop...? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was all that information correct?
  You're just spewing random stuff.
  Yes, you were correct with your wording.
  Poll Ninja.
View Results

Living_For_Them

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:08 pm
Um, I was wondering why Gaia needs a cash shop, and another form of money. (Gaia gold AND gaia cash...)
I mean, they already have shops, and the give out monthly collectibles, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:13 pm
User Image

Gaia is a business, and needs revenue in order to keep the site going. In other words, no dough = no go. That's why they put so much emphasis on the Cash Shop, because they need contributions from users in order to make sure Gaia remains the coolest hangout on the 'net. ^__^  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Afi_Kino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:14 pm
The answer's in your question... Another form of income.
If you want to use Gaia cash, you absolutely have to buy it to get those premium items, where as you can earn gold around the site.

Is that what you wanted to know?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:15 pm
I see.
Thank you for the answer. ^_^  

Living_For_Them

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:22 pm
Long ago, the monthly collectibles were the only items that could be bought with real money, but then the site grew.

Yes, Gaia has sponsors and ads, but that doesn't keep it afloat. Gaia's main source of income comes from the Cash Shop. (At least that's what I remember reading somewhere.) Cash is bought using real money.
Gaia Gold can be obtained for free. You can also buy items with Gaia Cash and sell those items to other users for Gaia Gold. You cannot sell items to other users for Gaia Cash.

In a way, the Cash Shop is what keeps Gaia free for people to use. No one is forced to pay real money in order to use the site. You can even fill out offers and surveys to obtain Gaia Cash for free. (The offers often require credit cards or other personal info. There are some that don't though. I think there are some guides around the site that list which cash offers are the safest.)

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:52 pm
Since Gaia has to pay for GoogleAds, the website, the domain, the e-mail (I think they have one) and all the rest, they need money. When they get it, they can keep Gaia up and running so it is the most visited site ever xD Plus, it keeps the employees fed.

Xx-Craziee Kat-xX

3,750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:00 pm
Basically,they need to get money so their business to grow.More money,more grow.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games