Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Having RP trouble...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gizensha Sakugo

3,750 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:51 pm
I may be new to gaia, but I'm not new to role playing. Thing is, it's different here on gaia than neopets, the site I used to rp on, and I'm getting confused and frustrated. I've had a few misunderstandings already, and I feel bad. I'm not looking for roleplay help, but help on role play etiquette.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:59 pm
What exactly is going on? Should I assume there is a dispute between you and another?  

Sephiroth Incarcina Night

Gizensha Sakugo

3,750 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:43 pm
No, there is no dispute, I am just confused about how, like, uh... This is hard to explain.
You know what, never mind. Its nothing I can't figure out by myself. I just need to listen and watch a bit more on the sidelines before i jump in the game. Thank you for your time!  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:18 pm
Shinigami-Shoujo
No, there is no dispute, I am just confused about how, like, uh... This is hard to explain.
You know what, never mind. Its nothing I can't figure out by myself. I just need to listen and watch a bit more on the sidelines before i jump in the game. Thank you for your time!

i said:

you are confuse..

are you confuse how to start on an RP? like what to do and where to post?!?
i've been confuse my self! though i am not new..

heart heart heart

iiPinkStar

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 am
Shinigami-Shoujo

Every Role Play on Gaia is a bit different as to what "etiquette" they expect you to follow, don't stress too much, most of the just expect you to me literate and polite. Many of them have "guides" within the Actual RP, just look around a bit, this guide might help.  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:30 am
I'd say, roleplay like you're writing a story, people will take your posts a lot more seriously.  

Designer Hobo Style

Distinct Elocutionist

iiPinkStar

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:41 pm
Little Miss Despair
I'd say, roleplay like you're writing a story, people will take your posts a lot more seriously.

i said:
yup! they will take you seriously and help you with your story.

but... roleplaying is also fun... n__n..

heart heart heart

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:33 pm

As mentioned before, every RP has its own etiquette^^.

Mostly, just try to follow the guidelines: for instance, people might say that it's a lit/semi-lit roleplay.

In that roleplay, you might write something such as "Blue gazed quietly at the scene unfolding in front of her, wondering how to join in."

In others, it's more lax and you can put things like "-pushes the door- What's this?"

Sometimes you can just post the profile as you go along, but some RPs want you to PM the profile to the thread owner, let it get approved, then post.

It just depends, but basically, make sure to read the first page thoroughly^^.

Paradoxismminant

Heartless Josh

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:35 pm
Haha! She said she'll figure it out on her own and everyone is still trying. Very generous everyone smile  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games