Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Imediate Assistance Please!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Arren Ged rolled 20 100-sided dice: 86, 95, 89, 51, 35, 23, 71, 14, 27, 9, 76, 82, 33, 38, 60, 74, 32, 87, 88, 10 Total: 1080 (20-2000)

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am
I need answers asap.... PLEASE!....first, can't get my house to open up from inventory area keep getting error and a big black square.... second, I can't seem to get the parts I want, where I want in editing my profile, and another part to that one is what is and how do you put things into the signature part, (house, aquarium, car, etc.) if at all possible...also things keep shifting on me when I go from edit to view as well......third, is there any way you can stop the chests from appearing, I can't afford to pay for keys or fish for that matter, until you set up some other way to earn GC to buy them with or either hide them around or quest for them, etc. ... I don't find it very fun, in fact I find it very frustratingly irritating to be polite....like saying ha ha ha you can't have this look what you are missing....it is very cruel to say the least....I will stop at these three for now but I do have two or three others that need answering for me...oh and plain simple language please, no gaia speak when explaininmg things...not up on it yet and these are important questions to me...
Sorry for being soooooooo long....but I have been trying to get answers for the past three weeks.....
Thank you for your time and concern,
dittsy me

P.S.: Things have still not changed and have done all the suggested actions! I want my home back & control of my Profile back!!!!!!
Thank you all for the advice anyway...I hope nothing was slipped in/onto my PC without my knoweldge and/or permission! (HACKED!)

Well at least my home is back( but for how long?), but both my wish list AND my profile ARE STILL NOT WORKING, and I still want an apology AND an explanition asap. I am apalled the we consummers are/were treated this way, and yes I am still angry. And no way would I 'invite' any one to come here until things have changed FOR THE BETTER!  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 pm
Arren Ged
I need answers asap.... PLEASE!....first, can't get my house to open up from inventory area keep getting error and a big black square....
I don't exactly know what the problem is, but your best bet would be to visit the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum. They might be able to offer you a solution to your troubles.

Quote:
second, I can't seem to get the parts I want, where I want in editing my profile, and another part to that one is what is and how do you put things into the signature part, (house, aquarium, car, etc.) if at all possible...also things keep shifting on me when I go from edit to view as well......
You can move parts of your V2 profile around by simply dragging and dropping. Is that not working for you?

You can't put your house into your signature, but you can show off your car and aquarium. Go to your Account Preferences, scroll to the bottom until you reach My Signatures. You can then check "Show car" or "Show aquarium."

And if your profile isn't saving properly, that's also an issue for Bug Reports.

Quote:
third, is there any way you can stop the chests from appearing, I can't afford to pay for keys or fish for that matter, until you set up some other way to earn GC to buy them with or either hide them around or quest for them, etc. ... I don't find it very fun, in fact I find it very frustratingly irritating to be polite....like saying ha ha ha you can't have this look what you are missing....it is very cruel to say the least....I will stop at these three for now but I do have two or three others that need answering for me...oh and plain simple language please, no gaia speak when explaininmg things...not up on it yet and these are important questions to me...
Sorry for being soooooooo long....but I have been trying to get answers for the past three weeks.....
Thank you for your time and concern,
dittsy me

Nope; they don't stop appearing. Sorry! sad  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Sephiroth Incarcina Night

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:29 pm
Arren Ged
I need answers asap.... PLEASE!....first, can't get my house to open up from inventory area keep getting error and a big black square.... second, I can't seem to get the parts I want, where I want in editing my profile, and another part to that one is what is and how do you put things into the signature part, (house, aquarium, car, etc.) if at all possible...also things keep shifting on me when I go from edit to view as well......third, is there any way you can stop the chests from appearing, I can't afford to pay for

1. nah th only way you can get kyd is with GC. sorry man and no way to hide the chests to my knowldge, I just ingore them.

linking images - you basically right click, click on properties and whre you see the iamge location, is what you use for your /gif or /image command. I believe the propr input into your profile is User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. razz
" />  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Images thing:

You can either do the properties thing (as Sephiroth said), or, a better way is to use Photobucket.

Right click on the image, and one of the options is "save image" (at least in Firefox, which is what I use). Next, go to photobucket and upload the picture from where you saved it. There is an option that looks somewhat like the thing in the following box:
[img]photobucket.com/image[/img]

Those two tags are the ones you use, one at the beginning, one at the end.

If you need more help, feel free to PM me or whatever^^.

Paradoxismminant

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff