Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I need more advise!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:43 pm
Well as some of you know I had questions on what you thought me and my boyfriend should do about making it seem like more of a relationship. Well I have a new problem. He isn't exactly a born again christian. I mean he's not athest and he believes their is a God but he doesn't have a relationship with Jesus. I dont know really what to do. I am not going to break up with him because I feel God has purposly put him into my life. He has helped me more then anyother person get through this year. I just dont know why? HELP!  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 pm
Does no one have advise for me? gonk gonk gonk gonk  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:13 pm
My advice for you is similar to advice I gave to another person with a similar problem.

I really think it's a bad idea to date someone when you know their beliefs are going to conflict with yours. I think dating should be something that you should take very seriously, in that the person you date can help you grow in a positive way.

It's good that he has helped you in the past, that shows that you two are very close emotionally. But if you really want to help him, you would be better off learning how to be close friends before learning how to be boyfriend/girlfriend.
I tell you this because as friends, you'll be better able to help each other, since you won't have the pressures of dating to worry about. And, as his best friend, you'll be able to help show him the love of Jesus and help him start a real relationship with Him.

I'm sure God has put him in your life for a reason, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't break up with him. It may be painful, but a good relationship takes time to grow and it has to go through some rough times before it gets stronger.
And besides, if you do this, you're not really ending a relationship so much as... changing it into something else that will help you in the long run.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games