Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Aquarium Questions (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clicky, you know you want to!
  Must...obey...
  NO U!!!
View Results

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:15 pm
Would anyone be kind enough to let me know how to get dolphins for my tank? It seems like it'd be a good way to make some money, but so far I can't find the information. Thanks in advance!  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:23 pm
Gaia recently redid the Phin Phang shop. (It was announced in this announcement: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/phin-phang-refresh-coming-soon/t.60909693/)
I don't think they specifically announced it, but the dolphins were removed from Phin Phang with that update.

You can still find Dolphins in the marketplace (up for sale from people who bought them before they disappeared from Phin Phang.) They're very expensive and may or may not be worth buying now. I haven't done the math.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/46523

Edit; For your first tank, it might be better to start out with different fish anyway. You use the profit from your first tank to buy better fish for your second, and the profit from that to buy better for your third~ and so on. (Or at least that's one strategy I've heard of.)

This is an excellent guide that does a lot of the math for you and gives good advice: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/the-potential-of-aquarium-fish-dolphins-have-been-axed/t.56607610/
I found the link in this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18620483

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:21 pm
eek Does that mean the dolphins will eventually be extinct? crying

(And thanks for the info & links!)  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:24 pm
Sometimes, in the Daily Chance lotto (the red box that says daily chance when you go to a page on Gaia) you might be able to get a fish for your aquarium.  

XDGal

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Althena The Goddess

Shameless Noob

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:57 am
Do you know if dolphins are in the daily chance list, or is Gaia phasing them out completely?  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:17 am
We'll at least see a big drop in dolphin tanks when the current ones die...

It's always possible that dolphins will be re-released in Phin Phang in the future.
Just as XDgal said, the Daily Chance does give out fishes. And I know that some RIGs have given out fishes in the past. And the Lucky Chest can give out fishes. I just really don't know whether any other sources give out dolphins right now. Hopefully someone does. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:47 am
I suspect Gaia is not going to use dolphins any more because they are so generous with the gold. But there are other fish that also drop gold and give you a chance to play Booty Grab and earn gold. Just not as much as quickly.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games