Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Am I a bad Christian?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 am
I do believe in God. I was baptized a while back. I know he is there. Just sitting on the porch looking at the nature and breathing in the air. It makes me feel good. The thing is, a lot of people in this guild go to church and read the bible everyday and also pray every night. I don't do any of that. I do pray occasionally when I want to talk to God and I do pray to God for the food I'm about to consume. It makes me feel bad about myself when I read what others do. So...Am I a bad Christian?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 am
have you asked yourself why you don't go to church, why don't you pick of the bible, or why don't you pray more often?

I personally forget to read the bible everyday but I'm learning. Maybe get a daily devtional to read to help you. It's all a learning process as we grow closer in our walk with the Lord.

For myself, the closer I get to God the easier prayer, reading the bible, going to church all seems to be. Do you have time in your morning or even in your evening that you have nothing to do and you're bored? Well that's a good time to pick of the bible and spend some time with God. Or if you're like some, set an alarm for a time you know you won't be busy and when the alarm goes off, open up your bible and just start reading.

When you say grace over your meals try to also pray for God to help you get more into his word and into prayer.

(these are all suggestions I've gotten from other people when I needed help and things I've done to get closer with God.)  

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 am
To me, Praising God has to be personal. If its rehersed and "by the book" and exacly the same as everybody else, then how would you stand out in Gods eyes? You have to be comfortable with your spiritual side! Do not doubt yourself if what you do is your way of expressing faith. Everyone is different =]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 am
Yumi421
To me, Praising God has to be personal. If its rehersed and "by the book" and exacly the same as everybody else, then how would you stand out in Gods eyes? You have to be comfortable with your spiritual side! Do not doubt yourself if what you do is your way of expressing faith. Everyone is different =]

Thank you.  

Royal Crayon

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am
faithful quenga
have you asked yourself why you don't go to church, why don't you pick of the bible, or why don't you pray more often?

I personally forget to read the bible everyday but I'm learning. Maybe get a daily devtional to read to help you. It's all a learning process as we grow closer in our walk with the Lord.

For myself, the closer I get to God the easier prayer, reading the bible, going to church all seems to be. Do you have time in your morning or even in your evening that you have nothing to do and you're bored? Well that's a good time to pick of the bible and spend some time with God. Or if you're like some, set an alarm for a time you know you won't be busy and when the alarm goes off, open up your bible and just start reading.

When you say grace over your meals try to also pray for God to help you get more into his word and into prayer.

(these are all suggestions I've gotten from other people when I needed help and things I've done to get closer with God.)

I don't know. I use to read the bible everyday. But I had no idea what I was reading. I use to go to church on Sundays, but I have no friends and no one to talk too. I should pray more often though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 am
Royal Crayon
Yumi421

Thank you.

no prob, I really hope I helped  

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:01 am
Yumi421
Royal Crayon
Yumi421

Thank you.

no prob, I really hope I helped

Yeah, you make me feel like I'm not doing anything wrong, or my way doesn't make me bad. When people say/do things I should do more or that, it makes me feel bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:12 pm
Royal Crayon
faithful quenga

I don't know. I use to read the bible everyday. But I had no idea what I was reading. I use to go to church on Sundays, but I have no friends and no one to talk too. I should pray more often though.

Church is about a lot more than just learning about the Bible - Church is about finding a community of believers you can connect to and be supported by. If you don't know anybody at your church, that's the same as just staying at home and watching church on TV.

Try getting connected or involved in some church activities to get to know some people. Find a youth group, or, if you have/want to, find a church that has one. The greatness of the church experience lies in the relationships you get there.

A supportive church group can start discussions about your faith and help it grow. The love of people around you will be what makes the Love of God real to you. Then once you know your faith better and make it stronger, God will show you what you can do to grow even closer to Him.
Wish you all the best!  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Haisieo Cross

Fashionable Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 pm
She's right,everyone is different,you don't have to do all of the things others do,in order to be a gem in God's eye.Since,if you love him,have your faith in him,and know he is the one and only God,then you're already a Gem in his eye.If you are a child of God then he see's you,and loves you equally as the others in his eyes.God does NOT love another more then he does you,or anyone else for that matter.He loves us all equally,and you don't have to sweat over reading the bible everyday,or going to church every day.The Christian religion is about believing in our Lord,and thanking him for everything he has given us.Not going to a church to hear someone talk about Him.If you really want to be a good Christian,don't just listen about the word of God,spread it.Let people know that Jesus,is our one,and true Lord and Saviour.And,just so you don't feel bad,i almost never read the Bible,and i've never been to Church but maybe 3 times in my entire life,but my faith,my love,and everything else is on God's side.I know he is our Lord,and saviour,and no other person,or creature is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 am
Haisieo Korigashine
She's right,everyone is different,you don't have to do all of the things others do,in order to be a gem in God's eye.Since,if you love him,have your faith in him,and know he is the one and only God,then you're already a Gem in his eye.If you are a child of God then he see's you,and loves you equally as the others in his eyes.God does NOT love another more then he does you,or anyone else for that matter.He loves us all equally,and you don't have to sweat over reading the bible everyday,or going to church every day.The Christian religion is about believing in our Lord,and thanking him for everything he has given us.Not going to a church to hear someone talk about Him.If you really want to be a good Christian,don't just listen about the word of God,spread it.Let people know that Jesus,is our one,and true Lord and Saviour.And,just so you don't feel bad,i almost never read the Bible,and i've never been to Church but maybe 3 times in my entire life,but my faith,my love,and everything else is on God's side.I know he is our Lord,and saviour,and no other person,or creature is.

Thank you. That made me feel really good. It does bother me when others tell me I need to go to church more and join groups and do this and that. It makes me feel like I'm behind and I need to do all this stuff. IDK. sweatdrop But thank you.  

Royal Crayon

Haisieo Cross

Fashionable Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 pm
Royal Crayon
Haisieo Korigashine

Thank you. That made me feel really good. It does bother me when others tell me I need to go to church more and join groups and do this and that. It makes me feel like I'm behind and I need to do all this stuff. IDK. sweatdrop But thank you.

It's my pleasure,i only wanted to say that due to the fact that i've an open mind,and am strongly opininated when it comes to the Christian religion,althought what i stated was fact,and truth.Instead of just opinion.Anyway,i'm glad you feel better about it now,but like i said,as long as you Love,and Worship our Lord and Saviour,then you've nothing to worry about.Just love Him,and spread the word of Him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:35 pm
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with you. Part of the reason my prayers skyrocketted in the in the last two months was due to me sinning repeatedly, when I didn't even feel much physical urge to.  

Totrue-Tufaar

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:08 pm
Totrue-Tufaar
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with you. Part of the reason my prayers skyrocketted in the in the last two months was due to me sinning repeatedly, when I didn't even feel much physical urge to.

Ugh! I hate when I sin. I immediately have to pray with I commit a sin.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games