Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I'm scared..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FairieCorpse624

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:03 pm
I am really, REALLY scared of death. If I think about me growing up and getting old I cry. I love God and I beleive that heaven would be a wonderful place to be in, but I just can't handle the thought of me dieing and leaving this world. It terrifies me.

Is there something you girls know about handling this type of thing? It would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

-Laurie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:16 pm
What are you hanging on to? What is it about this world we live in now that makes you never want to leave?

This world is, for all its beauty, a world ruled by Satan. And while there is a lot to be thankful for here, anything good that can come out of this world will be given to you and more in Heaven.

If you think of this world as your home, then guess what? When you die, you'll go back to your home, and this world we're on now is temporary. If you're going to be scared, then be scared of becoming too attached to this world, because if you would choose the world over God, then you will be destroyed just like this world will be. That is real death.

If you feel afraid, cling to God's Word and His promise of a new home for you, one that never dies. Jesus /conquered/ the grave - he made it so that there is nothing about death that can overpower us. If we trust in him, we can face death fearlessly too.

Look around - everything you see is temporary and will someday be gone. Don't worry about your friends or family either - love lasts forever, and God has made sure of that.

It takes some time, but God will help you through your fears. Pray, and trust Him. I hope you can be strong.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 pm
Maybe it's because you're thinking about it too much while you're still very young.
As you get older and you gain experiences, you start seeing death differently.

Also if you trust in the LORD, death doesn't scare you
but I guess you should just try to live "life" as best as you can for the LORD rather than focusing on death.
Eventually everything dies, even the brightest stars have a due date
including our sun
so it's no use nor healthy obsessing over it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 pm
If there is Heaven and justice then death has lost its sting. Still God gave us life so we should cherish it and use it to serve him. If you make the most out of life you won't have time to fear death.  

Carolmon

3,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items