Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Sunny Sea Songs (Allegro x Hymn)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:47 am
Sunny Sea Songs
Players: Allegro & Hymn
Setting: Ferry Ship; Sunny & Muggy

It was Allegro's first encounter with seeing the ocean and he was absolutely ecstatic. Which was a big change from his normally calm and careful demeanor which was constantly being put to use by his brothers. Today was different though, Cante was the only one he had to contend with and he would never do anything in the least bad without the influence of Benjamin, especially not on a ship; and since Benjamin was down below deck with Hayden, not taking well to their voyage on the sea, it was going to be an easy day.

Cante was preoccupying himself with one of the sailors as Allegro stared out over the edge of the ship at the glittering water below. It was fascinating to watch the ripples, the bubbling and the splashes up against the ship. He had read all about the creatures that lived within these waters and wondered whether or not he'd get to see them on his journey.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm
They had only boarded the shop earlier that day, and feeling the breeze on his face was one of the most relaxing things Hymn had ever felt. He had positioned himself on the second balcony bow of the ship and found himself leaning over. Below him was a group of workers, fast at setting up a setting for this evening's festivities. With the two day voyage in full steam the dust smiled and closed his eyes.

It was a nice escape from everything, since he had picked up a small job as a singer for a company he hadn't had a break. Pushing strands of hair out of his face he looked away from the workers and out to the horizon. Each second they were drifting further and further from the city of Aimes, it was the first time he had left it in a while.

With a smile spread across his face he pushed himself off of the railing and made his way down a set of stairs to the deck before he began wandering around, looking for something to do.

Kanove

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:42 pm
As Allegro starred down into the water he noticed the fish swimming close to the surface and smiled brightly. It was a big school of them, all brightly colored red and it excited him. He wished he had a better view of them so he could try and see if he knew what the fish were, but with the glare on the water and the bird's eye view he wasn't able.

"This is so much fun!" The dustling exclaimed, hopping up and down in place in his exhilaration.

As Allegro did so the bow underneath his creamy soft chin came undone form the jostling of his hat and the wind took hold, deciding to send the little top hat on his head on a journey. Allegro watched in horror as it took a tumble-weed like ride across the deck and went to go fetch it.

"My hat!" He yelled, the glowing dustling trying to catch up with his hat which was blowing the other dustling's way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 pm
A scream wasn't the most pleasant things to greet him as he turned the corner but as his vision adjusted to the sunlight he smiled and saw what the child was chasing after. It was obvious that the boy was in a panic just by losing his hat so Hymn bent down and caught the thing before it flew past.

Leaning up he stared at the hat and only smiled, it reminded him of one he had been forced to wear as a child to protect his eyes. With a grin on his face he used the other hand and dusted it off, hoping that he wouldn't damage the hat in the process.

The boy that was coming to him looked oddly unique for someone of human descent but rather than assuming he was a dust, Hymn held out the hat and smiled."Try to be careful when leaning off the rail, the wind is stronger when you lean off the ship." he informed the boy and handed back the hat without as much as a question. Curious though he leaned over the railing and spotted the school of fish that had been keeping up with the ship.

"It's nice to be located near a reef, you see so many interesting types of fish swimming along." he said. With a hand holding on to the headpiece he wore he leaned outwards and examined the fish at close range. He wasn't able to identify what type they were, only that they were red, yellow, and white.

Turning around the siren though it time he introduce himself. "My name is Hymn, it is a pleasure to meet you-" he bowed his head with his introduction, looking the other straight in the face.

Kanove

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:26 pm
"T-Thank you," Allegro said, grateful that someone had managed to grab his beloved hat before it had taken a plunge off the edge of the deck, becoming nothing more than a shiny trinket for the fish in the depths of the water.

Allegro quickly went to fasten the hat firmly back to his head, making sure that the knot he tied this time for it was strong enough to endure him shaking his head wildly. When he finished his hat test, he tucked his hair back behind his ears and smiled at the teenager before him. For some reason he felt as if he knew him from somewhere but for the life of him could not manage to think of where.

Allegro couldn't help but pipe up when he other child started talking about the fish, "Aren't they though?! It's amazing! This is my first time out on the water, and getting to see the fish I've only read about it so exciting! I feel like I could burst."

Allegro smiled brightly, enjoying his time on this ship. He was so happy to be out in the sun and by the water he felt like he was glowing. As Hymn introduced himself, Allegro extended a hand reciprocating the introduction, "My name's Allegro Samuel Lightner, and the pleasure's all mine."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:36 pm
The dust was grateful to have found a form of companionship aboard the vessel. The dust knew this journey would be a long one, but having a friend made it easier. "You look a little young to be on this voyage alone, do you have any brothers, or parents, here?" Hymn asked. In truth he wasn't fond of a large crowd of people, but he wanted to know that the boy was somewhat being looked after by someone.

Pushing the mess of hair on his head back in to place he looked at Allegro. "Your first time on a sea voyage?" he gasped, somewhat surprised the boy had never taken a boat before. It was rare that an individual, especially one hailing from Aimes, didn't travel early in their lifetime unless funds just didn't permit.

Shrugging however the teen only nodded and began stepping past the other. "Should you like to find something to do?" he asked, waving an all access pass around in his hand. The pass was given to the head of every group and permitted anyone with it to explore and enjoy the ships surplus amounts of amenities.

Kanove

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:38 am
"My brothers and father are on this trip with me," Allegro said, a twinge of worry in his voice. He looked around idly and spotted Cante over at the other side of the ship, still bothering one of the crew with questions and pointed that way,"That is Cante, and my other brother, Benjamin, is below deck at the moment with Dad. We found out the hard way that Benjy gets sea-sick."

Allegro couldn't help but quirk his head at Hymn's astonishment at the fact that this was Allegro's first boat ride. Sure, Hymn didn't know specifically that he had only been in existence for several months, but was it really that farfetched that he would have never seen the open ocean? Or been on a boat ride?

"It is," Allegro reaffirmed, "We live out in Helena, where Cante and Benjamin's mother passed away. I guess since there's three of us, it's much harder for Dad to plan trips like these."

"There's other things to do?" Allegro asked, looking a little surprised by this fact. He was under the impression the whole reason for being on here was so he could see the sea and be out in the bright sun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:52 am
"There is a lot that can be done aboard this vessel." he commented, inserting his card on one of the doors. It creaked open and presented the two of them with a staircase that led to a higher deck. The shop was only two tiers but it presented them with much more room to plan and present events for dusts to do. Pulling his card out from the door and storing it into his pocket he looked at Allegro's brother for a moment before nodding and began his ascent of of the narrow stairwell.

"Bring your brother along if you'd like, I think it proper that we find something we can all find enjoyment in doing,"
Hymn offered, pressing the card to lips as he paused in his climb. The stairwell offered plenty of room to let the descending couple past and by the look on their faces, and the thrown on appearance of their clothing, it looked as if there were sport games out here on the deck.

Looks fun.

"See anything you'd like to do?"
he questioned as his feet shuffled across the deck when he reached to top.

Kanove

Olivia Solace

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:08 pm
Allegro nodded to Hymn and trotted off quickly to go grab his brother, Cante. The sailor in which Cante had been bothering relentlessly with questions of this or that seemed more than grateful that Allegro had pried away his brother and given him a little piece while he continued his duties on the vessel.

Allegro headed back quickly to Hymn as a couple was moving down the stairs and pulled Cante to the side with him to let them pass. Once they did so, Allegro motioned from Hymn to Cante, "Hymn, this is my brother Cante."

"Hi!" Cante said, looking closely at the thing on Hymn's head with curiosity and pointed, "What's the thingy on your head? Is it some sort of helmet?"

Allegro gave a small scowl to Cante for pointing. Hayden had taught the boys that pointing was rather rude, unless it was necessary to locate something and Allegro was rather sure Cante didn't need to point to talk about Hymn's headpiece.

As Hymn lead the brothers up the stairs to the upper-deck, Allegro seemed a little uneasy, mostly because they had entered a shaded area and while shade didn't bother Allegro as much as pure dark places did, it still didn't help that he reflexively started to glow slightly, even if he hadn't noticed it yet, others would.

Cante happened to take notice and poked his brother in his arm with a bit of concern in his voice, "You're doing the shiny thing again. You gonna be ok?"

Allegro nodded and peered around at all the different activities that were going on. Since his arrival into existence he'd mostly spent all his time playing kickball outside, or reading and learning instruments inside. He hadn't really taken a big shine to any particular sport as he had only ever tried to one.

"What's the thing with the ball that has the streamers on it?" Allegro asked, pointing over to a small area where there was a net set up for a game of badminton.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:37 pm
The group advanced towards the net and stepping forward from them Hymn examined the set up carefully. "I don't think I have ever seen this game before, have you?" asked Hymn to the other.

The brothers seemed pre-occupied with one another so Hymn moved forward and tried to ask an attendant about the game and it's rules. He was simply given a pamphlet in which he took over to the other two, and opened.

The game seemed fun enough, if it could keep two young ones interested for long enough would be questionable. Hymn didn't remember games much as a child, he only remembered the children he had dealt with as a teen and their knack at making fun and games for various periods of time.

The attention span of a child depended on who they were and where they had been raised.

"Want to try and play?"
asked Hymn?

Kanove

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas