Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Light and Dark (Aren & Rindou)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:49 am
Light and Dark

Characters: Aren & Rindou
Setting: The beach

The warm sea water splashed on his face, the salty freshness reviving his senses. The pale blue figure was sitting on his usual place, breathing in all the sights and sounds all at once. He had done his day's work, successfully completing the tasks entrusted to him and he was satisfied with his work. His tired limbs rested greedily on the sand, seeking a peaceful slumber and fast recovery. Aren laid down on the soft brown bed, a feeling of relaxation fully enveloping his body.

The light of the day was still high, but in a few moments would take its leave of the sky and be replaced with the grayness that the night brought. The dust closed his heavy lids and remembered a particular event that had happened here not too long ago. He had first met a young dust not far from here. Though their initial meeting made Aren nervous, he was easily entranced with the vibrant and innocent aura the child had around him. Aren was more than happy to show the child some of his magic and had vowed to meet him again before he had to travel to a faraway place.

A smile curved on Aren's lips as his heart beat in quiet excitement. For he knew in a few moments, that familiar friend would appear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 am
It had taken quite a bit of begging for Rindou to get Jarett to take him to the beach, what with how the Dustling had been acting lately and the lack of time he and Jarett had been able to spend with one another. Rindou had been somewhat moody and testy, always in the air about something and moving around objects like he was too focuses, and Jarett had been so busy with his thesis that more often then not they only met for quick meals and morning good-byes. In an effort to keep Rindou's mood from souring Jarett took him after a while and he dropped the boy off near the beach, watching as the Dustling took off in another direction. The man didn't want to follow - in fact, he'd been asked not to follow. Apparently Rindou had a special friend he wanted to be alone with and Jarett wasn't going to interfere with that.

Rindou's feet carried him across the sand for as long as he felt like walking before he launched into the air, floating quickly over the beach with a better burst of speed. The ability of flight was only possible because of how he was focusing his abilities, something he'd been testing on his own for quite some time in the house. There were dents in the wall (not that he could see them) to attest as proof. It took a few moments for the Dustling to remember the sounds and smells of the area where he had promised to meet Aren, but it wasn't too long before he arrived and felt the shimmering presence that was his pretty good (in his opinion anyway) friend.

"AREN! ARE YOU HERE?"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 am
As soon as he had thought of the child he heard a familiar voice shout. He chuckled quietly from his lying position, the sand that surrounded him shaking as he moved. He replied back to where the sound had come from, his voice loud enough so that the younger dust would hear.

"I'm here Rindou." he sat up from his place, looking over his shoulder. He could see the small figure of the dust come towards him, his feet a distance away from the ground. It was evident that Rindou had been practicing his powers and it seemed that he could control it much,much better than before. Because of this, Aren beamed with pride as if he was a human mother seeing her child grow up to be a fine and successful human being. Though he knew that this development was not solely because of him, he was too elated to think of it logically.

"Come, sit" he said as the child came into better view, he motioned beside him, his hands swimming in the dry brown grains of sand as the crashing waves came over, kissing his feet as if wanting to be noticed. But he had a bright smile on his face, all his attention on Rindou.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:41 pm
"GOOD, THERE YOU ARE. I'M COMING OVER."

Rindou was downright delighted to know that Aren had been there as promised, and when he got over enough to be able to get a good feel of where the older Dust was he nearly tackled him over and into the sands. His arms wrapped around his companion like a vice grip and he gave a strong hug. Rindou liked hugs and Jarett said giving hugs to others (when they wanted them) was a good thing and Rindou wanted Aren to be very happy.

"I'M GLAD YOU MET ME HERE. IT WAS HARD TO GET JARETT TO BRING ME, BUT I'M HAPPY NOW. ARE WE GOING TO PLAY TODAY?"

The young Dustling released his companion and looked up at him, hopefully actually looking at his face. When it came to other Dusts Rindou just wasn't as aware as he thought he should be, not at least like with the humans and other objects around him. Dusts were still so much a mystery, something he couldn't control.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 pm
Swiftly and surely, the younger dust came closer to where he sat. Aren was surprised when he was suddenly wrapped in a warm embrace, Rindou's arms entwined on his neck. As he felt the weight on him he wrapped his own long arms around the boy. The mature dust smiled, a feeling of warmth surged in his body as he held the boy close to him.

"Hello little one" he whispered gently into the child's ear. Rindou then let go and Aren's arms mimicked the others, his arms dropping to his sides. It was a delight to Aren to see the boy again. After their last meeting when he promised to meet him, he long awaited this day, excited like a child.

"Of course we are Rindou. If you're up to it?" he paused as the child 'looked' at him, obviously excited and full of energy. Aren was a bit sad he couldn't look into the boys eyes as he sat there. It felt a bit odd.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:37 am
"I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO SE-PLAY WITH YOU SO I REALLY AM. I ALMOST SAID TO SEE YOU BUT I CAN'T SEE SO THAT SOUNDS SILLY. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO TODAY THEN? SOMETHING REALLY FUN?"

Rindou moved back from Aren but kept himself close by, his legs crossed as he floated on an 'air chair' of sorts. Though his eyes weren't shown he was clearly enjoying himself, a wide grin plastered over his face, and he bobbed his head a little to the side with impatience. He was so very much excited to be here that he could hardly contain himself!

He floated closer despite trying to stay sitting, his hands reaching out before settling on what he hoped to be Aren's shoulders. He more than likely was grabbing the adult Dust's face, but either way it was still contact and contact was good. Rindou enjoyed the feel of others beneath his hands.

"COME ON, LET'S DO IT! LET'S DO SOMETHING COOL!"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Aren had to laugh as he saw the enthusiasm of the child, it was certainly contagious. He saw the big grin on Rindou's face as he spoke, his body steadily floating above the brown sea of sand.

"We will, Rindou. I shall do even more tricks and if you're good i'll teach you something cool too."

The other reached out, his hands searching desperately for a touch of Aren. The older dust took this opportunity to move closer to the child so that he could hold him easier. The small hands first came in contact with the skin of his neck and to his face where a bright smile was showing. He put his left hand on top of the others, chuckling softly.

"You've been practicing your powers too, I see. You're very good at levitating already," he said as the child spoke, "Of course, let's go near the water, shall we?" Aren then took the boys hand, leading him towards the water where the waves crashed on his feet and his shoes digging into the moist sand.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:21 pm
Rindou was more than pleased to feel Aren's face beneath his fingers, and his hand atop his own. As much as he'd like holding Jarett's hand, this was different. Being able to touch Aren felt more natural for some reason, but Rindou didn't want to dwell on it. As the reached the water's edge he floated a bit higher when the cold first touched his bare toes, though he lowered himself back down to try and get used to it. Playing in the water could be fun, right? Just because he couldn't see it didn't mean that he couldn't enjoy the smell and sound.

"MORE TRICKS? AND YEAH, I'VE BEEN PRACTICING. I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO SHOW OFF FOR YOU BECAUSE I LIKE YOU."

Rindou was very curious as to what this "something cool" would turn out to be. Aren seemed very smart and much stronger than everyone else he knew, so. . . .it would only make sense he would be able to do something cool.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:59 pm
The grin on Aren's face never seemed to leave as he watched Rindou, a sense of calmness enveloping him. He chuckled slightly at the words of the dustling, the last three words somehow made him feel even more elated. He gazed at Rindou, his blue eyes gentle.

"I would love that. Thank you for thinking about me," he paused, nodding his head gently, "I like you too."

With this he moved a little closer to the water and stretched his arm so he could touch the cold water with his pale fingertips. "What have you been practicing recently?" Aren was curious. It seemed like the other had improved in such a short amount of time, and it was very impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 pm
"I PRACTICED IN THE HOUSE WITH ALL KINDS OF THINGS. JARETT GOT REALLY MAD BECAUSE I BROKE A LOT OF NICE THINGS TOO, BUT I MANAGED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS."

Rindou lowered himself to the ground and felt around for several objects with his feet. Upon finding several shells and shell shards in the sand he stomped his foot down hard, propelling the objects up into the air and around the level of his head. Without having to hold his hands up, or without having to do anything else, the objects started to spin about him at a slow pace. It quickly grew faster as he folded his hands together and lifted himself from the ground ever so slightly.

"LOOK, WATCH.

From the spinning group came two smaller groups, ones that rotated at different speeds and different angles.

"WHATCHA THINK? IS IT COOL?"

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas