Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Check This Out!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:27 am
I can't believe this! Lanzer is making Es shutdown DM. crying That's the way many users are being able to get rich. It enhances use of the Gaia Online marketplace and shops. The Gaia gold, in which they receive from grabbing, is only good with Gaia Online. It's not like they can go and use it anywhere else. It makes more people rich, therefore, making more people buy more things in the marketplace. In my book, this whole matter is completely absurd and shouldn't be happening in the first place.

I'm gonna miss DM.

Well, as many of you either already know, or have already figured out, Lanzer [the creator of Gaia Online] is making Es shutdown DM. So, if you don't like this, you need to join this guild of mine. I've just started it, of course. But, anyway, it's called "Gaians Against DM Shutdown" - GADS.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/?guild_id=310569

Also, check out my thread!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/seriously-dophlin-mania-is-shutting-down-no/t.62399381/

Will this help keep DM going? No. However, it can show how many of us are completely against them shutting it down. If we can show them how many people love and adore DM maybe, just maybe, we could get them to let it keep going. But that's not the reason this guild is here. It's not only to hope they let it start up again. It's mostly just to show 'em how many users are against their decision.

Well, that's pretty much it. Good luck to all of you Booty Grabbers. Hopefully, we can find a way. I love you all.

-Amensu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 am
Uhhh what exactly is DM again? besides Dungeon Master... sweatdrop  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:31 am
I'm betting Dolphinmania. Which is a ahame because it's the only way some folks can effectively play Booty Grab.

edit: But so far that's not shut down. *crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 am
D'aww, I really liked Dolphimania.
It helped me get my dream avatar and items much faster.

Elemental Doll

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am
It's funny because I've been playing it much more recently since they stopped selling dolphins. I figure in a few months after all the dolphins start dying out, booty grab won't be quite as profitable anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm
The same thing happened to a person called Absol Ruler of Chaos (or something like that). He was the person who first found the code containing the algorithm for glow times. His site was shut down as well. I knew it was only a matter of time before dolphinmania was shut down as well. In any case, it's a good thing IMO. The economy was inflating so badly it wasn't even funny anymore. Nitemare scarf quadrupled in price in the span of only about 5 months.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

iRetaliate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 pm
It's being shut down (most likely permanently) on this Friday (ie. Tomorrow)

You should, instead of creating a guild for it, make a petition smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 pm
maui boy no ka oi
In any case, it's a good thing IMO. The economy was inflating so badly it wasn't even funny anymore. Nitemare scarf quadrupled in price in the span of only about 5 months.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's the fault of Booty Grab in general. I really don't think that shutting down DM will serve as a solid, long-term solution; it may work for right now, but ... I don't think it will put a major dent in inflation. Only time will tell.

I don't think that there's anything we can do to reverse the consensus of DM's creator and Lanzer. The creator himself asked users to refrain from going out and making Site Feedback threads about it because, in all honesty, it's not going to change anything.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:50 am
Ebony the Peacian
maui boy no ka oi
In any case, it's a good thing IMO. The economy was inflating so badly it wasn't even funny anymore. Nitemare scarf quadrupled in price in the span of only about 5 months.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's the fault of Booty Grab in general. I really don't think that shutting down DM will serve as a solid, long-term solution; it may work for right now, but ... I don't think it will put a major dent in inflation. Only time will tell.

I don't think that there's anything we can do to reverse the consensus of DM's creator and Lanzer. The creator himself asked users to refrain from going out and making Site Feedback threads about it because, in all honesty, it's not going to change anything.
It will actually based on information I know of. In DM, users need only to visit the site to find out which high yield tanks are glowing. In gaia, only people who see the tank glowing in people's siggies will know about it (assuming they don't have a glow thread). If they do have a glow thread, only people who visit the thread within a certain time frame will be able to catch it before it times out/gets full. While this may not cut down on the number of users booty grabbing, it will cut down on the amount of gold users make from grabbing and the rate at which they are grabbing it. This is because the tanks will not be in all dolphins/all monsters categories in the gaia aquarium forum so someone who would regularly grab 20 dolphin tanks in a row now has some ninja fish tanks, water meat tanks, knight fish tanks, and mixed tanks to grab from which loosens the hold of the monopoly high-yield tank owners have over the booty grab community. It also means that should someone choose to create a dolphin thread, the user will have to wait for all tanks on the page to load up (which will take a while) and look through page after page to try to find a glowing tank and should a few users quit gaia/run out of funds to get new dolphins, that's a few tanks that won't be grabbed/are just taking up space. What gaia should also do to minimize the amount of inflation that is going on is to make glow threads/similar threads only legally postable in the chatterbox forum (since most have absolutely no discussion at all). This will make sure that swarms of f465 won't swoop in and grab the 5H17 out of every tank that comes along. It also means that trolls will bump up glow threads even when they're not glowing rendering them completely useless meaning that booty grab will become what it once was meant for: a supplement to the gold-making strategies already currently available.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:56 am
maui boy no ka oi
It will actually based on information I know of. In DM, users need only to visit the site to find out which high yield tanks are glowing. In gaia, only people who see the tank glowing in people's siggies will know about it (assuming they don't have a glow thread). If they do have a glow thread, only people who visit the thread within a certain time frame will be able to catch it before it times out/gets full. While this may not cut down on the number of users booty grabbing, it will cut down on the amount of gold users make from grabbing and the rate at which they are grabbing it. This is because the tanks will not be in all dolphins/all monsters categories in the gaia aquarium forum so someone who would regularly grab 20 dolphin tanks in a row now has some ninja fish tanks, water meat tanks, knight fish tanks, and mixed tanks to grab from which loosens the hold of the monopoly high-yield tank owners have over the booty grab community. It also means that should someone choose to create a dolphin thread, the user will have to wait for all tanks on the page to load up (which will take a while) and look through page after page to try to find a glowing tank and should a few users quit gaia/run out of funds to get new dolphins, that's a few tanks that won't be grabbed/are just taking up space. What gaia should also do to minimize the amount of inflation that is going on is to make glow threads/similar threads only legally postable in the chatterbox forum (since most have absolutely no discussion at all). This will make sure that swarms of f465 won't swoop in and grab the 5H17 out of every tank that comes along. It also means that trolls will bump up glow threads even when they're not glowing rendering them completely useless meaning that booty grab will become what it once was meant for: a supplement to the gold-making strategies already currently available.

That may be true, but I was able to make 15,000g in 15 minutes two nights ago just by visiting the Aquarium forum and looking at active tanks. Oh -- and just as a side note -- I'm not too worried about the dolphins dying out, since they're not the only high-trigger fish out there.

But like I said -- only time and trends in the Marketplace will really tell how effective the closing of DM is. We Gaians may be whiny, but we're resourceful.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:27 am
You're most definitely right. The fact that we may start threads, petitions, guilds, etc, about the current DM situation, will NOT help us in any way whatsoever.

And, as for the inflation discussion, I personally don't think shutting down DM is gonna help anything. Users are still going to price things at their wanted price. Lets face it. Users are becoming more, and more, selfish all the time. They want gold... and they want it fast. That's where DM was able to help many users. I, personally, was still using DM to try and shorten my own wishlist.

Anyway, about GADS [my guild], I'm only wanting to get together a group that might be able to show me a large percentage of who is against the destruction of DM. We aren't going to be able to stop anything. But, in time, the guild will turn into a discussion/chat guild. But it will be users that are/were against the destruction of DM.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:55 am
Quote:
It's being shut down (most likely permanently) on this Friday (ie. Tomorrow)[25 June]

This information was wrong, it is still working (or it was 2 minutes ago), so are there any (official) news?  

ChimeBell

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:10 am
ChimeBell
Quote:
It's being shut down (most likely permanently) on this Friday (ie. Tomorrow)[25 June]

This information was wrong, it is still working (or it was 2 minutes ago), so are there any (official) news?
Sorry for late reply. But yes there is.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/booty-grab-bug-fixes-to-help-reduce-inflation/t.62641887/  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:53 am
Ebony the Peacian
That may be true, but I was able to make 15,000g in 15 minutes two nights ago just by visiting the Aquarium forum and looking at active tanks. Oh -- and just as a side note -- I'm not too worried about the dolphins dying out, since they're not the only high-trigger fish out there.

This. Outlaw Wolves are rather profitable, too.

The fact that they've stopped selling dolphins still sucks. If Gaia keeps doing it we'll be forced to play zOMG! for gold, which is a lot slower and tiring...  

Woutan Kuunsuru

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff