Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
white lies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:08 am
PawzPrint
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint
    Well, I guess the only thing I'd say in response is, if other people think that way and carry that kind of attitude, that's between them and God.

Not always. I feel the bishop of your local LDS church can be greatly beneficial in these circumstances. Many times they can be very intune with God's designs, and the Holy Ghost does speak to them most freely in those circumstances.

The pastors at the church I attend are more than available to help in whatever way the person needs help in.
    But ultimately, it's on the individual to take whatever step they need to take. Pastors and bishops or other people cannot force anyone to make a certain choice.

I never found much faith in pastors. I found that many I was around tend to deviate from the true purpose of the discussion, and rather try to degrade me and make me feel insolent and weak. I may be small compared to the glory of God, but I don't need to be demoralized to know when I have sinned or when I need to choose a different path.
    I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences with pastors. That has not been the case at all with the pastors at my church. And I've been attending said church for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Well that's also what makes the protestant churches difficult. There is no established standard amongst churches. You can't have the same experience at all churches. I'll stick with God's church, where He established clear guidelines for all the Bishops out there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 pm
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint
    Well, I guess the only thing I'd say in response is, if other people think that way and carry that kind of attitude, that's between them and God.

Not always. I feel the bishop of your local LDS church can be greatly beneficial in these circumstances. Many times they can be very intune with God's designs, and the Holy Ghost does speak to them most freely in those circumstances.

The pastors at the church I attend are more than available to help in whatever way the person needs help in.
    But ultimately, it's on the individual to take whatever step they need to take. Pastors and bishops or other people cannot force anyone to make a certain choice.

I never found much faith in pastors. I found that many I was around tend to deviate from the true purpose of the discussion, and rather try to degrade me and make me feel insolent and weak. I may be small compared to the glory of God, but I don't need to be demoralized to know when I have sinned or when I need to choose a different path.
    I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences with pastors. That has not been the case at all with the pastors at my church. And I've been attending said church for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Well that's also what makes the protestant churches difficult. There is no established standard amongst churches. You can't have the same experience at all churches. I'll stick with God's church, where He established clear guidelines for all the Bishops out there.
    The standards are God's standards.
    But realize that hypocrites do exist.
    Though, I believe we are way off topic ^^;

WoodSorrelWitch

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 pm
PawzPrint
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint
Someoneiknow
PawzPrint

The standards are God's standards.
    But realize that hypocrites do exist.
    Though, I believe we are way off topic ^^;

God's standards aren't written clear for many church leaders, subject to interpretation.

And yes.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces