Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
stubbornness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 am
I have a friend who is as stubborn as you can get. It's frustrating as all get out because he is a Christian.
And at least when I am hanging out with him, he doesn't really act like a Christian. On the inside, I have no place to say yea or nay.

He also doesn't appear to be very surrendered for the most part. There are things that the Bible says that he knows he shouldn't do but he out right states that he'd never stop doing them. I don't judge him but I hold him accountable or at least try to. He is so stubborn.

I might already know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway.
Is there anything anyone can say to someone who is so hard headed? Or is this a matter for God and the only thing I can do is pray?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:44 am
Is he actually like "God tells me I shouldn't do this but I'm gonna do it anyway", or is he simply doing things that you believe are against God? If it's the first, he needs a serious attitude change and there really isn't anything you can do except pray for him and continue setting a good example. But if it's the second maybe you two just see Christianity a little differently? There's always room for discussion there, so you could ask him (non - confrontational of course) why he acts that way, or how he justifys it.  

LyricalSoul93

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 pm
On some things, yes. For example, he swears excessively and graphically yet he knows the Bible tells us we shouldn't. He just out right refuses to make an effort to stop. Same with perverted jokes. It doesn't help that I laugh at some of them too. However there are some where I don't laugh and flat out tell him that that was too much.

He also has some weird things going on with the concept of forgiveness. I don't really understand it and maybe on this one, he and I just have different views.

Even in non-Christian things, he's just incredibly stubborn.
I'm getting a little worn out in trying to work with him on some things.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games