Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
This is ridiculous Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rosadria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:51 pm
ThtGrlovaTher
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher

Imo, it's A OK. I know exactly what god say's about it, and yes unfortunately I am partially denying these words because I am Pro-love. I'm pretty sure God is as well. But, regardless of the bible, I support the love between human's and there will never be something for me to turn against my opinion. I would go to hell for love, no not lust, Love.

Please specify what you talking about, you've confused and easily confused person e.o

Show me scriptures supporting homosexuality. Also, is love always ok, or are there times when acting on "love" is sin? Furthermore, does being in love excuse sinning?

See, I never said there were scriptures that supported it now did I? And if I did, well then this is just awkward then now isn't it? Anyway, are we not acting on love when we say I love you, or procreate for that matter? No, lust is not always ok, but love is. God specifically instructs us to love, why should that suddenly stop when we break out of the gender code? I know it probably sounds like I'm bending the bible around my own convenience, but its really just a matter of, I believe that it's not fair to be cruel and pull the Hell card on blame homosexual's for the churches troubles. I know I can't change someone else's opinion about this, but fact is, this is what I believe. [And this is where my personal beliefs collide with my faith to a certain extent.] If were showing genuine love, are we sinning?

No, but does genuine love cause you to sin?

No. because we are loving, and spreading love, whether we know it or not, God's love. Man to man, Woman to woman. The fact that it is assumed that because someone is homosexual, they are sinning, is none of human concern. Maybe yes they are sinning. But, the fact is that we are all sinning, every day, no one's a saint, you can try, but it's not happening. And the only person that can judge anyone for their sins is God himself, and no one else.

"God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them, We love each other because he loved us first."

1 John 4:16-19

God is love, and if we show Godly love to someone, we would not be sinning. If our actions out of "love" cause us to sin, then we are no longer acting out of Godly love, but out of our own desires, or the desires of some human agency.

You're right in that only God can condemn, but He has given us the scriptures that define what sin is, and commanded us to go out and preach these things. We would be failing at love and our Christian duty if we did not teach that sin is sin, and that sin has real consequences, whether your sin be public or in the privacy of your bedroom. Just because everyone sins does not mean that we can't preach God's word.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:37 pm
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher
VK Fox
ThtGrlovaTher

Imo, it's A OK. I know exactly what god say's about it, and yes unfortunately I am partially denying these words because I am Pro-love. I'm pretty sure God is as well. But, regardless of the bible, I support the love between human's and there will never be something for me to turn against my opinion. I would go to hell for love, no not lust, Love.

Please specify what you talking about, you've confused and easily confused person e.o

Show me scriptures supporting homosexuality. Also, is love always ok, or are there times when acting on "love" is sin? Furthermore, does being in love excuse sinning?

See, I never said there were scriptures that supported it now did I? And if I did, well then this is just awkward then now isn't it? Anyway, are we not acting on love when we say I love you, or procreate for that matter? No, lust is not always ok, but love is. God specifically instructs us to love, why should that suddenly stop when we break out of the gender code? I know it probably sounds like I'm bending the bible around my own convenience, but its really just a matter of, I believe that it's not fair to be cruel and pull the Hell card on blame homosexual's for the churches troubles. I know I can't change someone else's opinion about this, but fact is, this is what I believe. [And this is where my personal beliefs collide with my faith to a certain extent.] If were showing genuine love, are we sinning?

No, but does genuine love cause you to sin?

No. because we are loving, and spreading love, whether we know it or not, God's love. Man to man, Woman to woman. The fact that it is assumed that because someone is homosexual, they are sinning, is none of human concern. Maybe yes they are sinning. But, the fact is that we are all sinning, every day, no one's a saint, you can try, but it's not happening. And the only person that can judge anyone for their sins is God himself, and no one else.

"God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them, We love each other because he loved us first."

1 John 4:16-19

God is love, and if we show Godly love to someone, we would not be sinning. If our actions out of "love" cause us to sin, then we are no longer acting out of Godly love, but out of our own desires, or the desires of some human agency.

You're right in that only God can condemn, but He has given us the scriptures that define what sin is, and commanded us to go out and preach these things. We would be failing at love and our Christian duty if we did not teach that sin is sin, and that sin has real consequences, whether your sin be public or in the privacy of your bedroom. Just because everyone sins does not mean that we can't preach God's word.

Yet if we are showing love, is that not Godly love. I am not speaking of the desires of the body, I'm talking about the love that transcends the lines that people have come to build so they don't have to love everyone, so there can be exceptions because they dont feel comfortable about loving someone. [I think were going in a circle, or it's just me, oops.] Anyway, like I said, it's only my personal opinion that Homosexuality is okay, I have absolutely nothing against it and sometimes I envy the strength that two people can share for each other, even through all the hardships that they face because they love one another.

And yet we continue to break them every single day, sometimes knowingly. I'm talking about judging people, as if people have a right to, seeing as a job like that is fit only for our king. You can preach all you want, but a person's safety is defined by their relationship with God and how they spread his love. Homosexuality isnt something behind closed doors, it's open, out there, and I'm pretty sure God's aware about it by now.

I think Im going to derail now, my train of thought left a while ago so it's getting harder to create something to say, sorry! But you put up a very interesting front, enjoyed this. <3

onleeseoul

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 am
ThtGrlovaTher
PawzPrint

Do you know what God says about it?

Quote:
And I support it 100%,

It's never about us, it's about God and what He says. There are things that I think are okay but I know for a fact that God says otherwise. When given the choice, I do my best to choose God.
    And just because God tells us that acting on homosexual urges are sinful, it doesn't mean he hates the person. He loves the person so much and he hates the sin. That's why He sent Jesus.

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff