No
View Results

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:50 pm
I wasn't sure if this is for creative crossroads or not, but i know with the quieter guild, it may be easier to post here. So, my siblings and I are entering in a kind of pact if you will. We have decided that on our own time and whereever we want it, we are going to get our Scottish clan crest as a tattoo. I have to wait until January 2014 to get mine so my mom can't freak out and not pay for my college. (she would do this. it has been threatened.) My siblings are getting it sooner because they are out of college already and on their own.

But here's my problem. The crest is awesome, but it's a little...blunt. I want to redraw it into a more artistic sense. I'm not too great of an artist. Thinking the best way is to appeal to the best artists I know, my guildies. I'd be more than willing to give gold or presents to those who help.

It can be white and black or color. Here's the crest. It's the Middleton clan.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks guys. biggrin

Things to also discuss:
Tattoos
First tattoo
Color or black and white
Family morals and tattoos
Advice for a person thinking about getting one?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:08 pm
You should be working on this with the artist that will be tattooing you. If anything, this can help you choose the artist that will best do the job.

If you're getting something permanent on your skin, you want to have it done by well, by someone who is capable of more than just copying an image by someone else.

I've seen people get wonderful pieces commissioned by their friends. Unfortunately, their friends do not tattoo, and therefore have drawn beautiful pieces that are absolutely unsuitable for body art.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 pm
I agree with Tae. Also, I personally will never ever get a tattoo, for two reasons: My parents are adamantly against people getting tattoos, particularly people who happen to be me, and... I have a congenital heart defect. Any infection for me is potentially life-threatening. Bacteria in my blood is especially life threatening because the bacteria can easily get caught in the damaged part of my heart and set up camp there. Anything that pierces my skin (like, for instance, a tattoo needle) carries with it the risk of HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH. So does brushing my teeth. ninja annnnd so does a**l sex...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:30 am
User Image"I'm the flame...

User Image

Hah, I've had a tattoo for three years now. Got it as my 17th birthday present from my mother. The only catch was, she had to be with me when I chose it, so I didn't get something stupid. Not that it mattered, because I would have chosen what I got if she wasn't there. It's a tribal design on my right forearm with a thunderbird in the center.

As far as your tattoo, this is something best discussed with the tattoo artist. Skin and paper are two totally different canvases, and must be treated that way. Like Tae said, something that works on paper may not work on a tattoo. It depends on a lot of things, and the tattoo artist will be able to help you there.

...I can't be burned."
User Image

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 pm
Yea sounds good. It'll be interesting to see what my siblings get as far as their versions. I need to research tattoo shops and stuff like that. Is it too far ahead to approach one about a design if I wouldn't be getting one for 3 years?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:16 pm
Depends on the artist. I would imagine most wouldn't be willing to take the time to sketch out a piece that they won't actually be doing for several years. A few months in advance, yes; three years? Not likely.

But you can certainly ask around. smile  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas