Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
"To Avenge One's Livelihood" Future Fanfiction (Koukotsu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OuchRightInTheFreedom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:50 am
(In this roleplay, it is about three years in the future. The Leaf Village and Cloud Village are at war, and casualties on both sides cause tempers to flare, and revenge to purge the air.)

The area at the Lightning Peaks surged with intense lightning energy. However, at this point, most of the lightning energy wasn’t the peaks, as common belief would be. Two men stood face to face on the highest peak, their faces moistened with sweat, their clothes bearing small slices and spots of blood from the opponent. “I must say…I’m impressed, Koukotsu. To think that you’d put up such a fight against me is quite admirable. However….I feel that it’s time I ended this.” One of the men spoke, undermining the ninja called Koukotsu. It was obvious now- these two were in the depths of a life and death battle, all because of a war between Leaf and Cloud. The man’s hands flowed effortlessly through seals, and his body spiked with a powerful white chakra-he was a Hatake as well. His palms rose to his mouth, and he exhaled a powerful fireball, putting significantly more chakra in it than normal.

Koukotsu rose his left arm to block the attack. The gauntlet on his arm could be seen fiercely glowing with the chakra he inserted. Suddenly, a large shield forged of chakra took shape in front of him, bearing the same strength as the fireball. The two chakra based energies canceled each other out, leaving Koukotsu unharmed from the attack. However, when the smoke from the impact cleared, Koukotsu had seemingly vanished. Within moments, the lightning strikes revealed a looming shadow from above, which was descending on the unaware ninja. It seemed that a large bird, formed to Koukotsu’s bone, was aiming to crash into the man kamikazi style. The other ninja, named Tenran, leaped easily out of the way, landing a couple of feet behind where the bird crashed. He wasn’t expecting what came next.

Suddenly, a bone spike erupted from the bird, eating up the distance between it and Tenran within moments. It was to the Leaf Ninja’s relief that he had the speed necessary to dodge the attack successfully, pivoting on his right foot to rotate out of the way. However, in doing this, he made one vital error; in dodging, he’d ended up facing away from the spike. Having used the Dance of the Young Ferns while hiding inside the bird, Koukotsu emerged from the side of the spike; a clever tactic. Using the second ability of his gauntlets, he inserted a great level of chakra into his right gauntlet, and threw an extremely powerful fist into the ninja’s back, sending him flying off the edge of the cliff to his dead.

Or, he would’ve, had the thing he attacked not turned out to be an afterimage. Tenran was little more than a blur as he appeared behind Koukotsu, aiming a colossal, cleaving slash with his man sized blade. In an attempt to dodge, Koukotsu used the Dance of Shooting Fern, and fired himself away, narrowly dodging the attack. It appeared that both of them were Sannin rank, obviously…..they wouldn’t be able to throw attacks around like this if they weren’t. While the bone spike was still shooting, Koukotsu emerged from it fully, landing on the ground with both feet. The earth cracked around them with the continuous lightning strikes, the likes of which were only increased with the presence of such powerful chakra. “Tenran….I must say, I’m not the only one who has improved over the years….” The Kaguya unsheathed his katana, and pointed it straight at his foe. “I’m going to pay you back for what you’ve done….for what you’ve taken from me.” Suddenly, Koukotsu’s blade rapidly extended in length, forcing the ninja to react quickly in order to dodge. Since he was standing by the edge of the cliff, he didn’t have as much room to dodge, which meant that he was still fairly close to the sword as it passed.

Koukotsu, however, wasn’t finished with him. A small portion of the blade began to crackle with power, and a burst of electrically charged chakra erupted from the blade, blasting the ninja away, and off the side of the cliff. “Not bad!” Tenran yelled with a laugh. He rocketed down the side of the cliff, forming hand seals rapidly as he went. Suddenly, a chunk of earth shot out from the side of the cliff, and Tenran melted into it with ease. The two were obviously at the same skill level; Tenran was just playing a defensive game for the time being.

(TO BE CONTINUED.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 pm
“Tenran…..” Koukotsu began, sporting a more than deadly look on his face. “You and I both understand why this fight is taking place….we both understand just what you’ve done to me, what you’ve taken away from me…..” Koukotsu retracted his blade, and pointed it to the ground next to him, readying himself for Tenran’s inevitable attack. “Of everything you could’ve stolen from me….you chose HIM. The one person I had left to respect, to look up to.” Koukotsu opened his eye again; this time, his eye was a vibrant, powerful purple color; he was accessing the power of Raijuu, his demon. “Ryugan was all I had left….I can never forgive you, and, because of the wounds you have inflicted me…..these cliffs will be your GRAVE.” An aura akin to the Chidori Current sparked to life around his body, giving his skin a yellow glow with the power of lightning. Even his blade was covered in intense electrical power.

“So….you’re still sore about that? You’ve been training ALL this time just to kill me?” Tenran questioned, laughing aloud as odd markings began to adorn his body; the Speed Curse Mark. “I must say….I’m flattered. However, I have no intentions of dying here.” Within moments, Tenran had removed a scroll from his pouch, and summoned hundreds of blades to the cliff’s surface. He was a practitioner of the Infinite Blade sword style. In this situation, he wasn’t the only one.

Koukotsu mirrored Tenran, summoning his own set of blades around him. They were both Sannin level at the art, making them perfect equals. The two collided in a blur of movement, blades clashing and sparks flying as they repeatedly slashed at one another, each one equally sped up by their enhancements. Blade after blade was shattered from the powerful collisions, and the two ninja were quickly eating up the blades they had summoned from their villages’ armories. Koukotsu was only fractions faster than Tenran, and was very slowly getting the upper hand on his adversary, though the match itself was still extremely close.

“Not bad.” Tenran merely chuckled as a foot connected with the side of Koukotsu’s head, knocking him to the ground, and causing him to skid quite a distance before stopping. It seemed that Tenran wasn’t alone. In fact, he’d brought with him his Chuunin assistant, Furia, the whipmaster and his Taijutsu Trainee. Now, Koukotsu had two opponents to deal with, and almost all of his blades already broken. He’d have to take Furia out quickly if he wanted to remain on the upside. It appeared that he wouldn’t have much time to think, as Tenran had already moved behind him, and aimed a slash directly at his neck. Koukotsu performed a handstand, and kicked Tenran in the chin with his chakra enhanced boot, sending him a good six or seven feet into the air. Before Tenran could react, Koukotsu used chakra enhancements in his gauntlets to push himself into the air, allowing him to perform a powerful drop kick straight to Tenran’s head, stopped only by a powerful earth armor the ninja had encased himself in. With the attack, Koukotsu sent Tenran flying to the ground, leaving him and Furia for the moment. As he turned to face his next opponent, he found the bladed end of a whip only a foot or so from his neck.

“Don’t let your guard down, or it’ll be the end of you.” Furia said with a wicked laugh, glad to be here, to be able to fight alongside her sensei. However, when her whip was caught by a small bone disk formed at Koukotsu’s neck, she merely huffed angrily. Utilizing her fire chakra, she spit tar all the way down the whip, at the same time using Katon: Ni with her free hand, quickly igniting a trail of fire straight at Koukotsu’s body, forcing the Kaguya to release his bone’s grip on her weapon. Now, with the tar still on fire, she had a flaming whip with which to attack. Koukotsu, on the other hand, had other plans. Using his wind chakra, he blasted from his mouth a large sphere of oxygen devoid air from his mouth, aiming it straight at Furia.

Of course, she made the typical low-ranking mistake. After absentmindedly swinging her whip at the sphere, and having the fire extinguished, she was temporarily forced to perform seals with both hands to create a wind jutsu of her own to stop the sphere. Therein lied her mistake. As soon as her attention was focused on the sphere, Koukotsu slammed his palms to the ground, executing the Dance of Young Ferns. Suddenly, dozens of bone spikes erupted from the ground under Furia’s feet, forcing her to either evade or be impaled by one of the large spikes. Like every other typical Chuunin, she leaped into the air to evade the spikes, completely unaware of the technique shared by the three Kaguya of Cloud. The spikes under her erupted from the ground, and stabbed into her from multiple sides, killing her with the Kaguya secret technique: Dance of Shooting Fern. Now, it was back to Koukotsu and Tenran.  

OuchRightInTheFreedom

-

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff