Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Acting.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

7775886748673572a

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:55 pm
I know in the bible that to be with the same sex is wrong, but I have a question.

Im a Girl, and I am Strait. I do not like girls. Btw

Ok I know movie stars have to play their part. Would a strait Woman playing A Bi role be a ticket to hell? I was told it would be.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:03 am
The whole topic of acting has been confusing me for a while now and this case is very interesting to me. I would say no though, because first of all we have been talking about the topic of being gay in other threads and there seems to be in nothing in the bible against being gay just things in the bible against the homosexual acts. So is the actor or actress is just acting gay i think it is okay however if they do something like a sex scene, I Think theat might b bad because man & man and woman & woman shouldn't lie together.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

7775886748673572a

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am
Br1ttana
The whole topic of acting has been confusing me for a while now and this case is very interesting to me. I would say no though, because first of all we have been talking about the topic of being gay in other threads and there seems to be in nothing in the bible against being gay just things in the bible against the homosexual acts. So is the actor or actress is just acting gay i think it is okay however if they do something like a sex scene, I Think theat might b bad because man & man and woman & woman shouldn't lie together.

I onlt mentioned it because of a Television show I watch called Degrassi. There are Strait actors playing Gay rolls in the series, not having sex, just playing the part. A friend of mine told me that they had pretty much paved their way to hell. My thought was " What happened to God Forgives? " I figured he was Wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:34 pm
XxNightcrawlerxX12
Br1ttana

I onlt mentioned it because of a Television show I watch called Degrassi. There are Strait actors playing Gay rolls in the series, not having sex, just playing the part. A friend of mine told me that they had pretty much paved their way to hell. My thought was " What happened to God Forgives? " I figured he was Wrong.

I LOVE DEGRASSI!!! XD But yea, I figure that's ok, but if the actress/ actor becomes saved/born again and feels that what they have acted out is bad, then they should repent of that and the Lord will forgive then if they are truly repent. ^_^  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm
XxNightcrawlerxX12
I know in the bible that to be with the same sex is wrong, but I have a question.

Ok I know movie stars have to play their part. Would a strait Woman playing A Bi role be a ticket to hell? I was told it would be.
I don't think it would be a "ticket to hell". If you are saved nothing is a ticket to hell. though I do think if it would be a bit of a moral issure. For myself I don't think I would agree to a role like that because it's not in God's will for anything but a man and woman to be together so, if I, a christian woman, were to play that role I would be sending a mixed signal to others.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:47 pm
Well my point of view isn't everyone. "Saved?" do you really need a natural man or woman saying your saved?  

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Well my point of view isn't everyone. "Saved?" do you really need a natural man or woman saying your saved?
No one other than God knows our heart and what we believe.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:02 pm
faithful quenga
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
No one other than God knows our heart and what we believe.

That is what I was trying to get at.  

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:01 pm
faithful quenga
XxNightcrawlerxX12

I don't think it would be a "ticket to hell". If you are saved nothing is a ticket to hell. though I do think if it would be a bit of a moral issure. For myself I don't think I would agree to a role like that because it's not in God's will for anything but a man and woman to be together so, if I, a christian woman, were to play that role I would be sending a mixed signal to others.

You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

Well yes, I think that any true Christian shouldn't agree to acting a role if it's bad to really do it. But I haven't really seen that problem, because true Christians are smart enough to say 'no' to such things. Also, in this case we're not talking about Born Again Christians. They might have been earlier in their lives, but I'm pretty sure they are not at the time of the filming. ^_^

Because grey will not do.

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff