Submit

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:43 pm
If there a thread on this already? No idea BUT WHO CARES AT THIS POINT BECAUSE I LOVE MINECRAFT.

Minecraft is, simply put, a Java game where you build stuff.
Sort of.
In the free version (creative mode), you have unlimited supplies of blocks and other items which you use to create buildings, worlds, massive artworks... whatever your imagination can think up pretty much. People who have free accounts can save their work in a file to their computer (people who pay have to option to save it online).

The full version *which I bought for like $14 and you only pay for it once* is a lot more exciting.
While in both versions the map is randomly generated, in the full version the map is pretty much endless. The further out on the map you travel, the game generates more landscape and materials.
In the full version you can farm or kill randomly spawned animals for food, smelt ores, use pick axes, and tons of other stuff.
Beware though- because at night, monsters spawn. Zombies, skeletons, spiders, and creepers.
Creepers, while spawned at night, survive and remain hostile in the day light. If they get near you they explode- which of course kills you and blows up whatever else was around it.

Survival multiplayer is also available, but right now Notch (the creator) is still fixing some of the bugs. He expects to have most of the bugs corrected by Friday the 13th and monsters implemented into the fully functional game on the 30th of this month.

OH also; the skins that your character can have, if you bought the game, can be replaced by pre-made ones or ones that you've made yourself!

It's definitely a fun game you all should check out. 3nodding

Links:
Minecraft official site
Westwyn Multiplayer (Westwyn is actually a server my friends and I are opening up once some of the bugs are fixed in multiplayer. It's going to be pretty huge, and right now the site is REALLY boring looking. I have to update it and stuff- there's plenty of links on the site though that you might find helpful, and there's also some downloads up for Minecraft mods and programs.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:53 am
have you tried using the tekkit launcher for minecraft?

You can build industrial things like quarries, energy condensers (turn your cobblestone into other stuff, i'm condensing diamonds at the moment) or use alchemy, transmute stuff, all the stuff from the vanilla minecraft is there, like enchanting and brewing.

I have a ring that can call lightning down onto an enemy during a storm > biggrin  

haloshatterer v2

Unforgiving Tactician

"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces