Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
chain posts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 am
    Often times I get a lot of chain emails, texts and things on facebook, talking about God. Then it goes on to say something of the like, "If you deny God, He will deny you. So please send this to 10 other people (or repost this if it's from facebook)."

I usually never reply or forward or repost any chain mail things.
    And when the subject is God, I feel guilty for not passing it along.

What are your thoughts on it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:33 am
God does not deny us. That alone goes against the scripture found in the New Testiment. For him to deny people goes against the New Covinant. If God loves us to send his only son to die for us then why would he deny us that grace. That is to say that we can choose who is saved and who isn't. So in short "If you deny God, He will deny you" contridics scripture thus it is false teaching and should be rebuked whenever you see it so that those that send it will know what it says is wrong and will not listen to false teachings.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:06 pm
God is not gonna deny you for NOT sending chain mail.
I think people will take you more seriously when you actually do write something about Jesus that does not involve "send this to 10 people or"....else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:23 pm
@Pawz- Chain letters are dumb and the things said in them don't mean a thing. I usually ignore them. Even the ones that say "If you don't pass this one, you're not a Christian" or whatever.
But I wouldn't say just because you don't pass on some chain letter means you denied God. Chain letters state all sorts of things like "if you don't pass this on you will die in two days" None of them are legit!

@Gothic- Yes, God will deny you if you deny Him. There is a few scriptures in the New Testament that prove that....Here they are:

Passage Matthew 10:33:

Quote:
33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Passage Luke 12:9:

Quote:
9But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Passage 2 Timothy 2:12:

Quote:
12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

So therefore, it's not a false teaching and should not be rebuked.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:14 pm
@Shadow-shine I meant forhim to deny us for not passing on chain mail. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm
    Good to hear these responses from other Christians -nodnod-
    I felt like was going crazy for a bit.

WoodSorrelWitch

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:41 am
gothic_black_rose
@Shadow-shine I meant forhim to deny us for not passing on chain mail. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

Ah, okay...

Well then I agree that God will not deny us for not passing on some chain letter.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:58 pm
You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

I don't think that they mean it like that, I think that they mean more along the lines of "If you are ashamed of Jesus you won't send this to your friends because you are afraid of what they will think of you and in the Bible there is a verse where Jesus says that if we rebuke him then he'll rebuke us." Now whether the people that write those think that, or are simply thinking "Jesus will deny you for not sending an email" I don't know, but I don't think God would deny you for not sending an email.

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:40 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I get many chain posts, but mostly I don't pass them on. Nothing is going to come about for me not passing them on though. Sometimes I will just because I think "hey so and so would get a smile out of this" or something along those lines.

I don't typically feel guilty for not passing them on. But that's because most all of the chain mail I get is from my mom or dad who send it to everyone else when sending it to me so I don't have to lol.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 pm
i've also received these chain posts and felt absolutely terrible for not sending them on; i didn't know ten 'friends' or people to send them to.
But it's good to know this. i don't feel as bad now, though.  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

smileindarkness

3,600 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:03 pm
It always bothers me when it says you have to send this on or else at the end of a chain letter. I'll usually be enjoying it up until that point. I don't send them on usually (mostly because I don't know that many people's emails) but when I do I remove the last part.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games