Poll?
  Yes.
  No.
  You have died of dysentery.
View Results

Phaeton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:18 pm
Thaliat Everwood

My theory here? Hunt early on and stockpile food. Maybe that will get me to the end.

I tried that. I got bombarded with food and ammunition loss events. I couldn't have been more than 100 mi away from the end too.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 pm
I don't think I've ever felt so much satisfaction after completing one of Gaia's events as I did right after I finished this one with that deranged elk as my guide. x3

It was definitely as challenging as the pink bunny slipper event, but much less time-consuming, and it required a bit more thought. And, it was a hell of a lot more fun.

Also, watching Saverio get progressively more and more hellbent on Carl's destruction...that was pretty awesome, too. xD  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 pm
How did you DO it Tae? Have you found the secret?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:44 am
So I'm trying it out. I'm still on my first go and I've gone almost 1000 mi. so yay. I'm left with only one shipmate who's almost always sick. Also, my 2nd dude died like 300 miles back but he managed to break his arm just now. Huh.

EDIT: Mile 1480 now. And apparently I died a little while back. Huh. My one crewmate's trudging along though. Good man.

invisible-weirdo

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:21 am
With Carl I can make it if my luck breaks near the end. You have to kill at least two members of your crew off it not three and then go. If you have 150 shells and hunt well you will be able to feed yourself to the end. Always hunt before taking the short cuts and prioritize ammo.

The other guides are easy if you just get 200-300 rounds and don't do anything stupid like not sacrificing to the elder gods (Carls Parents I assume)

Finally I am now a decorated vet of this damn voyage to help the demigod. I have complete this batshit insane journey with Carl. IF I EVER SEE A DEER IN THE STREET IT IS GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU CARL! THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR ANTLERS>  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am
Saverio C.

With Carl I can make it if my luck breaks near the end. You have to kill at least two members of your crew off it not three and then go. If you have 150 shells and hunt well you will be able to feed yourself to the end. Always hunt before taking the short cuts and prioritize ammo.

The other guides are easy if you just get 200-300 rounds and don't do anything stupid like not sacrificing to the elder gods (Carls Parents I assume)

Finally I am now a decorated vet of this damn voyage to help the demigod. I have complete this batshit insane journey with Carl. IF I EVER SEE A DEER IN THE STREET IT IS GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU CARL! THEIR BLOOD IS ON YOUR ANTLERS>

xd heart

He's totally right, though. You have to sacrifice at least two of your crew ASAP.

I do this by setting my pace to fast and my rations to meagre, then hunting every single opportunity I get. Once two are dead, rest the others.

I don't bring any food, just ammo. Hunting was a bit tricky at first, but I'm used to my trackpad, so it wasn't hard after a bit of practice.

The rest is just luck. sweatdrop  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:39 am
User Image"I've been burned so bad...

User Image

I've tried a few times to make the trip with Carl. Didn't happen. Also, Carl hates it when you put steering wheels in his way.

Oregon Trail was a fun game, though. I played it at school all the time when I was younger. Gaia gets a thumbs up on this event from me.

Beat it with Edmund, working on the grunny dude now... I wonder if he goes apeshit when you kill a grunny like Carl does when you kill an elk.

...but I still play with fire!"
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 am
I still love Carl.

It's actually a love-hate relationship. I love him, and he hates everything.

It might be like Stockholm Syndrome, actually... I so love his dark, erotic bellows~  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 am
I FINALLY beat it with Carl. Good gravy I had to kill all but one, but I made it, with nearly full food, 150 loot, AND 70 bullets left over. the first half killed all my people (I only sacked two, game killed two more) and I was praying that I wouldn't find myself a zombie. That;s what keeps getting me.

Now I just need Louie's to complete the set now, you have GOT to see this Screen I got for a hunt. It was TWO bears, an elk and a grunny. Too bad that I couldn't pick up the elk meet, would have topped me off.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

Lol, I'm like everyone else: I played the game in my youth and I still suck at it. whee

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

blue0212

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:49 pm
I played Oregon Trail (3?) years ago when I was in the school's gifted program (hooray!). Me and my friend spent about 15 minutes before we realized that we needed an animal to get going.

With Frontier Skies, I beat the game with Sam, died within 5 minutes using Carl, got halfway with Edmund, am gonna try using Diedrich (I used him once, but the titan is useless),and had a huge failure with Louie.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:42 pm
I don't know if I'm talking about the same oregon trail game but when I was really young i used to play this really old Oregon Trail game that was all pixelated and the music on it was electronic music. You would name everyone on the wagon with you, you would set out from some city in Missouri and would stop at small towns to purchase goods. It was a really simple game... now that i think of it i think it is the same game! I had no idea that that game still existed!!!!!!  

SoLongAndFairWell

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces