Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Advantages and Disadvantages of Atheism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meztli-the-God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Now I felt like, since the posts in this guild are down, to try to make
an official looking type of post. A post of something
I think needs to be looked at. As the title said,
these are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Atheism.
CAUTION: The following requires common sense to understand!

Advantages of Atheism:
Now to be honest, I couldn't think of any of these from the top of my head.
So I cheated and used the Internet to find some. These facts where pretty
well hidden into the confines of the Web. After searching for a nice while,
I found the Holy Grail of Athiesm... or the closest thing to it. I found a site
(Link is bellow) called "Atheism... Ten Advantages!" and it was, of course,
ten advantages of atheism. Here is the reasons he put:

1. Be an atheist and save 10% by not attending or donating to a church.
There are additional savings for not buying expensive clothes and vehicles
to impress the other church members.

Now I don't know about my fellow Christian(I do, but let's say I don't),
but I don't buy an expensive car for my Church Buds... I ride my bike to Church!
I don't donate usually, either. Although, I will admit I do wear a collared shirt to it.

2. As an atheist you are no longer obligated to say “God bless you”
to someone who sneezes.

Yes! He did actually put that! Me as a Christian am not obligated to do that. But, as a
person of morals, I am obligated to have courtesy. I don't see how that's really a big
deal either way.

3. As an atheist you can sleep in on Sunday mornings.

Seriously? Alright, I guess so. I hope these get better and not keep getting worse.
Personally, I don't sleep in no matter what day. To be honest, I really don't have
something to comeback this. Well I do, but I'm putting it at the end.

4. An atheist is not required to confess to, or kiss the ring of any Catholic clergymen.
I don't confess to anyone other then God. And I've never kissed a ring of anybody.

5. An atheist can listen to any music, read any book or listen to any speaker
without worrying about being excommunicated or shunned.

Now there is truth to this. In the Medieval period kingdoms were excommunicated for
maybe declaring war on one of the fellow Christian nations. I have books like
Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species" and Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion",
but I've never been shunned for having them. I listen to atheist talk shows like
"The Atheist Experience" yet I've never been excommunicated.(I love how he used that word)
Welcome to the 21st century.

6. An atheist can eat fish, shellfish, pork or anything he/she desires without
sin or violation to dietary laws.

You too, eh? Not sure about other Christians, but I don't do that. Never taught to.

7. An atheist can determine what is right or wrong for themselves within the limits
of human law and their own conscience.

I say it again. You too, eh? I myself can determine that, too. I'm not totally sure what the dudes
trying to say in this. He doesn't seem like the bashing type so I'm going to leave it like that.

8. An atheist does not need to pray or read books about atheism to retain
his/her stance. Atheism requires no brainwashing nor constant indoctrination.

I read books of everything, not because I have to, but because I want to. When I think of
brainwashing I think about Hitler's propaganda of master race and to bash everybody
who doesn't agree, not to love your neighbor as yourself. Come on, read what you type.

9. Guys, if you want to read this one click on the link.
I'm not having that talk on my post. I have standards. This be rated G!

10. An atheist is not required to use titles when addressing his/her fellow
non-believers, such as “Brother Bob”, “Pastor Tim”, or “Sister Jill”.

That one makes sense, too. One word makes a difference. Proven by science!
Think about it, all that time you spent saying that... you would've blinked! That is,
if you can't semi- multi- task.

Now to some this up.
I always think about what if the tables were turned and I was on the defensive side
of this post. I would be pissed! This aren't good reasons at all. I'd say "Mez, you are dumb!"
Guys, I tried to find better ones, they were all worse then this! If you think you can
do better post it, bro.

If you have 100 dollars and you got a quarter, just like these advantages, it just
wouldn't matter!

Atheism... Ten Advantages!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Disadvantages to Atheism:
Now there was no cheating in this. These are some reasons I thought up. Although, to validate
my point I'll put some proof since my questions will more to the factual and real vantages.
I want to put out the fact that these sources are not Christian sites.
I'll only put five or six, because I think these will be worth a little more points the advantages.

1. Studies show that Atheists are more depressed then other groups.
Is it the feeling that there's nothing more to life then what you see?
Is it the feeling of loneliness and doubt of everything around you? No matter how you put it,
facts are facts. (Source)

2. Less religious nations actually have higher suicide rates.
Obviously an effect of depression, Atheists have more suicide rates and that's bad!
The proof is in the pudding, but this time its in studies and polls. (Source)

3. Atheists are the least trusted members in American society.
No question about it. Atheists don't have a moral law. Atheists are even less
trusted then Homosexuals and even Muslims!(Source)

4. The lack of ability to provide proof and evidence that your beliefs are correct.
I've heard my bud on a talk show he has asking this all the time. Not one has been able to
answer it. Not a single one. (Proof is, ask yourself that question)

5. You spend an eternity in Hell.
Just because you don't believe in it doesn't make it go away. This has to be the biggest point
and most obvious. A big slap in the face for atheists everywhere. (Source)

6. You are forced to read this. It's alright.
Just wanted to add a six for funs. (Source)

Now, I'd think one of these would be enough. Anyways, I hope you had as much
fun reading this as much as I've loved typing it.(you must hate it) So I hope you think about if it's worth it.
Warning: May God bless you and may you have a wonderful and fruitful life.

So anyways guys, post whatever you want, but act your age.  

Meztli-the-God

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:33 pm
You watch that atheist experience too? I saw it on youtube. It's interesting to see what the opinions of the atheists are. Anyway, I think an advantage of being atheist is:

having no guilt for doing sinful things or listening to sinful things, be it movies, music, or other mediums.

I don't know if you know what guilty pleasure is, but I have a guilty pleasure to a song. The lyrics are not filthy, but the content is immoral. I like it, though. I feel guilty for liking it.

confused  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 pm
the "advantages" could never make suffering in hell for all enternity seem like a good thing.
Knowing that when this body passes away my soul will be with Jesus is one of the greatest comforts. No one can hurt me beyond death and I am not afraid to die.

1. Be an atheist and save 10% by not attending or donating to a church. There are additional savings for not buying expensive clothes and vehicles to impress the other church members.
--Don't even atheists have to nice looking clothes for work? And who says they have to be expensive. Though I'm not sure about most other people but I know that I can show up in plain jeans, messy old skate shoes, and a simple t-shirt and my church accepts me. When I was baptized I had purple hair and even had the concern of messing up the water and such with my hair color bleeding out but they even said that was no problem!

7. An atheist can determine what is right or wrong for themselves within the limits of human law and their own conscience.
-- This just sounds like someone who doesn't break human law persay but is a foul person trying to rationalize their ways. I believe in God and I try to follow in Christ's steps because all the things Christ did were for Love and out of love so why can't we do the same? I find great pleasure in loving others and helping others even when those who are helped don't show appreciation.

10. An atheist is not required to use titles when addressing his/her fellow non-believers, such as “Brother Bob”, “Pastor Tim”, or “Sister Jill”.
-- I only refert to my pastor with an extra name. Other wise I just say the person's name. I say "Pastor Brad" out of respect for him being a teacher. Don't even atheist refer to other people as "Mrs. Jones" or "Mr. Harris" or even "Dr. Roth" so by saying that extra word should be no concern.  

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 am
Atheism contidicts itself due to the fact it takes more faith to be an atheist than a Christian. This is due to Christianity has historical documents and facts to back it up while atheism is based on mainly theories. Plus the fact that most self-atheist are actually evolutionist.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 pm
You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

I loved this. XD Thank you very much for posting this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. ^_^

(And number 9 made me spaz out. scream )

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:45 pm
Br1ttana
You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

I loved this. XD Thank you very much for posting this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. ^_^

(And number 9 made me spaz out. scream )

Because grey will not do.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

9 made me do a double take, but after a bit more thought I realized.... that sort of thing is more likely to happen from a family member or family friend than an outsider.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 pm
Yeah, totally thanks for all the support biggrin

@ A Lonely Leaf
I know a song , too. It's by Wumpscut and it's Peace of Night or something like that. The beat is awesome, but... maybe 75% of the words and phrases is "Kill all of our children" XD
They words and the beat go so good together and stuff. But hey, like my mom said when i wanted to buy Grand Theft Auto(you just kill random people on the streets) she said I was old enough to know right from wrong, and that's the big thing.

@ faithful quenga
You said what I said, but better! You rule!

@ gothic_black_rose
Amen, bro. I may actually do this kind of post with Evidence of God and such.

@ Br1ttana
Thanks, bro. Me, too with 9.

So I may do another one of these, but with Proof and Evidence of God. I'll work on it this weekend, but there's so much that I may not be able finish it. If not I will post it in the following weekends.  

Meztli-the-God

Creme Chan

Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:35 pm
I goto church on Saturday..I get to sleep in every Sunday morning o_o.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games