Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
~Perfection in the imperfect~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BugxNicole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 pm
Many people say nothing is impossible
I don't think that's true
There is one thing that is impossible
To be perfect
There will always be something wrong
Something to fix or make better
People always want to change themselves
For the sake of seeing perfection
Whenever they look in the mirror
People always want to change others
Because all they see is imperfection
Our society has been so focused on being perfect
They want everything in line, and orderly
That will never happen
Because people are just too imperfect
Too imperfect for their liking anyway
Kids at school are picked on
Everyday for what they do or how they look
Just because some other kid
Thought Their just too imperfect
There is a pressure hovering over this generation
A pressure to be perfect
To confide and conform to rules
About what others think they should do or look like
A pressure that makes people go insane because
Their daughters are killing themselves
Because that boy at school called her ugly
And she said to herself
I'm not perfect so what am I here for?
their sons are fighting
Because some bot thought it would be funny
To make fun of what he believed
I find it odd how the people that judge others
About being imperfect, are the most flawed of all
Those people that are always told
You aren't good enough
You aren't smart or pretty enough
You know you can't handle it so why try
People who are told that are good enough
Smart enough and pretty enough
If anything they are TOO genius
Too great and too gorgeous to care
Because one person isn't about to take that
They are worth more
Most people need to find the
Perfection in the imperfect

Just a little free verse. Only because I'm tired of people being told that they're too this or too that not enough this or that. I can't let people just stand there and e ridiculed for being themselves, it's just not okay. Please leave comments about what you think, and other ways our society needs fixing, because let's face it, it's just too imperfect (unintended pun, sorry).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 pm
Wow. That is so true. (It almost reminds me of Evanescence's Everbody's Fool. Watch the official video; it's about a girl who lives a life as a fake celebrity. It's one of my favorites). Do you write poetry often? This is very powerful.

The writer in me wants to say that you could improve your grammar a bit. Still, the piece is strong.  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

BugxNicole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 pm
I do write poetry often, and it wasn't meant to be grammatically correct, it was meant to have a certain meaning, and depth directed towards mostly teenagers and young adults. So in order to relate, the grammar wasn't the best, or that's what was happening in my mind anyways. It's a free verse, you could say a spoken word. It wasn't meant to be so long though, I just talk a lot, it's a bad habit!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 pm
i'd have to agree with you 100%. it furiates the crap out of me!!!!! make me wants to hurt someone. who are they to tell us who we are, who we arent? who to be, who not to be? what to do, what not to do? what we can, or cant accomplish? God has set us all here on this earth with a specific plan for each. who are they to question it? not one person is alike, and in that, each and every one of us are gorgeous just as God has intended for us to be. we are all flawed, not by physical traits, but in the mere fact that we are human, we decide to be flawed. it part of being human, and these people trying to tell us what is right and what is wrong are going to find themselves in a load of trouble when they face those pearly gates. Im in a band called looking for meaning, and these are problems i plan on addressing. our generation needs hope, and faith, we were not created to be burdened by flawed human rules, conformity, expectations, or impossible to reach images of who we are supposed to be. this was not God's intention, and our parents and these past generations are putting them on us, and claiming that they know all and are wise wise and powerful. that they hold the keys to all things, (though experience does yield wisdom, it does not yield all knowing knowledge of our Lord God) yet they wallow in messed up old traditions, sticking to habits that are ungodly, and then question our faith when we try our best to live up to GODLY expectations. between these ridiculous expectations put on us by flawed humans, who are none the wiser, and expectations for who GOD wants me to be, i'll follow God. put that cross on my shoulders, and i will take on every mountain path. Im not saying everyone of us teens are right, or all elders are wrong, but there needs to be a change, leaning towards a Godly life, free of this worlds expectations or ungodly self.  

thrashmetaljunkie

BugxNicole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:41 pm
I am actually not even a teen, or an adult, I am 12 (I'm trying this thing where I don't lie about things, even little things).  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:30 pm
you are still part of this generation. a generation i believe is every 20 years.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Entertainment Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff