Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I need a little Advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:08 pm
This is Kinda awkward for me but Here I go.

I've liked the same guy for nearly 2 years. Basically since I met him. Well... About three days ago he admitted to me that he liked me as well... But he was worried that I only liked him as a friend and I admitted it to him that I liked him as well. Here's where I need the help. 1) he's taken. 2) he's moving to England shortly. He wants to break up with his current girl friend to ask me out... but I'm not sure if I want him to do that. So what do I do?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 pm
firstly: are you willing to do a long distance? i can tell you it is not easy.

second: is he happy with his current gf?

third: this is a really hard thing to deal with. it seems like things are starting to go right, but now he has to go away. perhaps there is a reason? perhaps its just not time for you 2 to be together yet? i will pray for you and this situation. i hope that this will end up turning into the best for everyone. you should pray for God's wisdom and guidance in this situation as well.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:24 am
1) I'm not really sure

2) Not really.

3) He's going for a job oppertunity too good to pass up. and you might be right. Maybe we arn't supposed to be together yet. The best thing I can do it pray (You're right again on that)

Thank you Thrash for the advice. It's helped.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:11 pm
    I don't know anything about his and her's relationship. But I would be looking at the red flag he's waving. He's willing to break up with his current gf so you can be his gf. If you and him start dating, what's to stop him from doing the same thing to you?
    Just a thought...

Long distance relationships are very hard. I've never had one because I know I could never handle it.

Me, personally, I would not try to push anything one way or the other at the time being. He has to work out the relationship he's currently in and he might possibly have a new job in the near future. Pray pray pray. Jesus will provide you with everything that you need.

WoodSorrelWitch

AngelFaceBabyDoll

6,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 pm
Let him go. If he would dump is gf for you, what do u think he would do to you? It's very hard to do a long distance relationship anyway, let alone a new one. But, you need to Pray about all things.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:59 pm
Maybe I should hav mentioned this. He's with his other GF out of pitty... Her old BF broke up with her and went to the guy I like. because he's a really good guy. But he couldn't make himself say no....  

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 am
That might be the case, but that's still not enough (in my book) to put myself in that kind of situation. To me, that kind of statement/offer says something about his true personality. It's something that I'd want to avoid.

And if he couldn't make himself say no to a 'pitty' relationship, that also says something a bit negative about his relationships.

I really really don't want to shoot you down. I just don't want to see you get hurt.....
I would stay friends with him, cultivate that relationship and if it develops into something more, praise God! And if you wait on dating this guy, you might see something that gets you thanking God that you didn't date him.

No one here knows what will happen or what you should do but I can guarantee you that God knows and that if you are willing to give all of this to Him, He will guide you. Remember, the heart can be a deceitful little organ that we sometimes put our trust in. Put your trust in God -nodnod-  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games