Just keep swimming....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm
Ok ATG, here's a question for you all!

What keeps you going when times get hard? When every turn you make feels like you're hitting a wall? When you can't see how or when or if anything will get better. I'll give a bit of backstory.

I'm sorry if this jumps everywhere but that seems to be the way my mind is thinking. For the past month I have been fighting OW to pay my damn Term fees for college like she said they would, after lie upon lie from our fat, high-horsed, stupid-a** worker. The one that pissed me right off is when she told me "No we won't pay the fee" then I go into the office and have a ******** secretary inform me that on my file it says that they will pay the fee as long as I provide proof that OSAP has accepted me. Nice ******** worker eh? Then the secretary informs me that there is a missing pay stub, that I had provided a month before, and that our OW was on suspension. Fine. I drop it off again! I find out the other day that THE FAT ******** STILL DOESN'T HAVE IT! And because of that my file can't be updated so I STILL don't know if they're paying my fee or not. I have to wait until Monday to talk to that b***h.

Oh and GTR needs photo ID, something he never got, before I can get my OSAP certificate which means we need more money for that... *sigh*

We also found out, as it was absent this month, that we stopped receiving baby bonus. Now we don't have rent covered, as well almost no school supplies for Lydia. Apparently, even though I sent it, They never received GTR's taxes this year. We've sent it and now we're waiting.

Oh and that's another thing, Lydia isn't registered at a school yet. We weren't sure if she was going to be ready for school or not until about 2 weeks ago, but the school won't be open until Monday.... So we get to wait for that too.

My one aunt was selling their SUV, and we were like "Holy hell WE need one!" It was going to be $800. What we were going to do was sell the car to GTR's sister for $800 and then give that money to my aunt. Well they found out that the SUV needed too much work and they would feel bad selling it to me. I understand and all but it sucked getting my hopes up and then SMUSH!

Speaking of hopes up, we were also looking at a dog someone was giving away. It was beautiful! Half husky half German sheperd. It was red and white with blue eyes. Well the people get back to us and tell us the dog has gone somewhere else.

ATG, I'm so fed up of trying! No matter what we seem to do whether it's to make more money, to start a career, or just to make the house a happier place to live.... NOTHING! I've wanted to sleep today away but I didn't. So what would you do ATG? Keep trying for school? Wait a year and try and get everything together eariler? Move somewhere new and exotic? Smoke something?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:12 pm
Well, this will sound a bit cynical, but the thought that, somewhere, someone has it worse usually lets me feel better about what's going on.
Until guilt kicks in, of course.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:14 pm
Blasted guilt, always making people feel... guilty.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:09 pm
Whenever I feel down in the murk, what I would do to pick myself back up off the floor is have a day set aside where I would have no plans. I would get others to take up the slack with responsibilities (like watching the kids/animals, doing the dishes etc.) I would take my loved one aside and suggest SOMETHING for us to do, but not make a decision. Just by putting the options on the table, and not stressing about the details of the day helps me come to appreciate what I have.  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:32 pm
Well, aside from the waiting bit, you will be able to get Lydia into school. I presume you live in Canada, as in the US I've not heard of a baby credit. But I'm sure it will eventually be sorted out. Persistence is key on that. We had to do the same for Mom's disability checks, but our government is lame and like to give money to useless deadbeat fakers before they give it to people with REAL illness related disabilities. But if you keep at it, they eventually crack and give the funds.

As for the school thing, be persistent. Insist on speaking with the worker's supervisor. File a complaint...be a b***h about it, because this is one of those things where you kind of have to be one.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 am
Turns out that OSAP will pay the fee... I just have to get on that. It's looking good now though! We're pretty sure GTR's photo ID came in and we just have to pick it up hopefully today, if not then tomorrow, The item isn't actually at the post office yet.

Lydia is in school now and she loves it. Poor girl was so exhausted after her whole day at school she didn't even have the energy to eat all her dinner. sad She loves school though. Cries when she has to come home because she wants to stay longer. I'm sure that will go away in a few years.

It looks like we will be getting baby bonus this month which is awesome because if we get on OSAP they pay for rent, we'll be getting a double cheque for baby bonus and we're thinking on putting a good sum towards a van, probably from a dealership this time too as they're a bit more reliable and with the OSAP we'll be able to afford monthly payments!

With the dog situation, we've decided to see what happens this month, there are husky rotti crosses that are able to go to homes in October, which would probably be better for us. It will give us the time to get what we need and save up a bit of extra cash for it.

I still feel rather worn thin from everything we've been doing just to get stuff done. But this is all for the good, when I'm done school I can be a teacher, and hopefully not have to worry about times being so hard ever again.

Fingers are crossed for luck and I'm dead determined to get all this stuff done!  

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff