Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:42 pm
So...ever see the concept art for the video game Epic Mickey? If you haven't, try a google image search, it's freaky.

Anyway, ages ago someone here posted something about that concept art, and looking at the art freaked the heck out of me. It reminded me of something very vague from my childhood.

I had this fuzzy memory which I couldn't decide if it was a dream or something I actually saw. All I could remember was a freaky Mickey Mouse, and it scaring the heck out of me. But because it was so long ago, and so much time had passed, I never had the chance to figure out if it was a dream or not.

So the other day I was peeking at that concept art again and I remembered that dream/whatever it was I saw. Thanks to the almighty internet, I was able to determine that the memory that has haunted me for 15 years was in fact a Mickey Mouse cartoon called "Runaway Brain" which played in theaters as a short cartoon before "A Goofy Movie". Check it out for yourselves, it's pretty freaky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbT7lhl9kpU

Anyways, it made me feel better to know that the shadowy memory I had was actually a cartoon, and not just a dream. Not being able to tell always frustrated me. So ATG, any vague childhood memories that you thought might be dreams but were able to confirm as reality? Also.....how crazy is that Epic Mickey concept art?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:01 pm
aretoo's always LIKED the Mickey Mouse cartoon... XD  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:15 pm
Epic Mickey is...terrible. crying And, admittedly, kinda cool.

You know how sometimes you close your eyes and TRY to think of something that scares you? Just out of curiosity, to see what you come up with? For ages I'd picture this monster, and everything about it seemed unnatural to me.... The way it crawled, the distance between its eyes, the way its whole body writhed...

I didn't find out until some point in my freshman year of high school that it was the demon form of Nago from Princess Mononoke. I must've watched it with my big brother or something when I was itty bitty....

Edit: Come to think of it, I'd had nightmares about the hunters beneath the boar skins as well. I hated the way they would glide, and the black gaping eye sockets.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:22 pm
Haha, the second you said "freaky Mickey Mouse" I pictured Mickey from that exact short.

I am so excited for Epic Mickey, honestly. Have you seen any of the trailers?

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:54 pm
Waku: Have you seen the extended bit of the intro? It's got Oswald in it and such.

Anyway, yeah. Epic Mickey. So cool~
Though I kinda wish they had kept his Scrapper look or whatever it was called. 'Twas interesting...

As for freaky childhood memories that turn out to be real or whatever, I don't really have any. Nothing like what you guys are describing at least.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm
@Slim: That's awesome! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's experienced that. It was the weirdest feeling remembering something...but at the same time not being able to remember  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:49 pm
all I have to say to that is this... I TOLD YOU PEOPLE THAT DISNEY WAS EVIL!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 pm
hahahahahahah! rofl Disney never fails to make me laugh!...anyway, Epic Mickey and that short video are definatly darker than normal Mickey Mouse based animations.  

SoLongAndFairWell

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff