Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
When does it apply?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 am
Mathew 18:20 says "For wherever two or more are gathered in my name, I am there." What are you opinions on where it applies in this age of technology? Does it apply when texting, on facebook, this guild, watching a Christian show, listening to a preacher over the radio, or does it have to be physically? Does it mean there can be an online church? This is just me simply asking what you think.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 am
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I think it applies everywhere. I know the bible wasn't written with this new high tech world in mind. but it's a great way for Christians to connect when many of us may not get this kind of interaction in real life.

I believe there can be online churches, online prayer circles, and other kinds of things. If we gathered, no matter the form physical or in our mind , in God's name he will be with us.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:58 am
You can tickle me pink,
orange, red, or
blue, but not grey

I just woke up and can't think, but Faithful's answer sounds very good so.......WHAT FAITHFUL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweatdrop

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 am
I don't think it applies via texting, this website, and facebook, etc. I think it means when you are physically together. I don't know about any one else, but I don't feel connected to some one when I am not in their presence, in a sense. Plus, I don't think the internet is a good way to fellowship with people because tone is so hard to decipher in text.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:32 pm
I also am of one mind with Shadows-shine on this one.

For one I don't take the internet very seriously, and you can't really interact with the TV.
So it has to be personally for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:32 pm
well for me, the word 'gathered' gives the implication that we must be physically in close proximity. Technology gives us noise on some level or another. What I mean is, it's extremely difficult to pick up on emotions through just text. And by phone, we don't always have the full and complete attention of the other person. On the other hand, if said two or more persons were physically together, the noise from technology isn't there. Then, everyone can see each other, are more focused on each other and what they're doing and they can sense and feel the other's emotions.
just my thoughts :3  

WoodSorrelWitch

psychocat Inc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Though you should not trust everyone on the internet,and all tv christ shows are scams,he never said that it would not be okay.He is all knowing after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm
I think there's a balance.

It is very possible to have some great conversations and some great relationships over the internet, on the phone, etc. However, while it overcomes the obstacle of distance, it has communication obstacles as well.

We need real people in our lives to be there for us, but that doesn't mean great things can't happen online or in a good text message. Sometimes when we really need someone to talk to, talking in person may not be an option, and it's times like those that a good conversation over text message can be just what we needed. I know I've experienced this before, and I think it has brought me closer to God in its own way. But of course, if I didn't have those relationships in real life as well, I feel like a whole dimension of that friendship would be missing.

God can work in more ways than we can even imagine. Why not technology as well? It's one of those things that can be used for harm, but it can still be used for good just as well.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:59 pm
Shadows-shine
I don't think it applies via texting, this website, and facebook, etc. I think it means when you are physically together. I don't know about any one else, but I don't feel connected to some one when I am not in their presence, in a sense. Plus, I don't think the internet is a good way to fellowship with people because tone is so hard to decipher in text.

What about the elderly that can't get out of their home and the only Jesus time they get is by watching TV?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:46 am
I'm inclined to think that, in this specific verse, it means physically. It brings to mind the fellowship feasts and the worship gatherings of the early church. Look at the surrounding verses. The whole section deals with bringing people before the church, bringing witnesses, and possibly removing someone from the fellowship.

It'll also be important to look at the greek work itself and see what it says, if anyone can do that. I'm not able to at the moment.  

rosadria

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff