How Much Would You Give Up? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I would give up my....
  Hobbies
  Crack
  ...significant other, why the hell would they make me make a choice like that?
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:33 pm
If the "childish things", such as some hobbies, aren't getting in the way of your responsibilities or taking up too much of your time, why give them up completely?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm
I'm with most people in this thread, I really can't imagine myself giving up anything I like. I wouldn't ask anyone to give up anything for me either. There's an ongoing joke with friends that anyone who dates me has to give up taco bell and del taco cause I hate the places so much but in all honesty, no they don't. If my significant other likes things that I don't I just don't do those things with them, or in my example eat the s**t, because they are not me and I am not them. Now... if they're doing something, or if I'm doing something that is causing physical harm to me/them or those around me/them, then yeah something needs to be done there, otherwise, it's all good.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

SoLongAndFairWell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:07 pm
It depends on how much you love the person. In my case, I plan on getting married to someone I love with my whole heart so I would give up anything for them 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:09 pm
well on the one hand, i would do a lot for my partner. leaps and bounds type stuff. but on the other hand, he loves me the way i am, not to mention we have stuff in common and i can't see myself wanting to marry someone who doesn't want to marry all of me. being asked to give up on music or give away my comics would lead me to respond with a resounding "******** off". likewise i would expect him to be offended if i ever asked him to give up something he loves. the only thing that i can honestly say i am totally against is having a f*cking gun in the house >_> swords are cool and can be justified as a collector's item. i justcan't see any reason to have a gun in the house unless he becomes a cop.
(wow... i just realized that i couldn't think of any more hobbies i love... and now i'm sad :/ )
Jaft
I wouldn't give up my way of eating. So, if he/she wanted to go to a fast food restaurant, he/she must go alone.

Alone.

O_O

you don't eat fast food? O_o not sure why that surprised me but alright xD

also, D&D can get pretty intense. you guys ever seen the video where a LARPer had to run from police with his "boots of escaping"? lol ahhh... good stuff.  

~DR.MOOFASA~

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm
I certainly game less and spend more time with my girlfriend now, but I wouldn't give up the hobby completely. She should understand that the parts that she doesn't like (not that she doesn't like my gaming) she has to accept.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 pm
User ImageI swear by my pretty floral bonnet...

How did I not see this topic before? Weird. Anyways.

I wouldn't give up things I love for someone. If they love me, they should love all of me, and at least respect that I'm into things they aren't. Sure, I'll spend less time doing random crap to spend more time with them, but I won't give up the things that make me who I am for them. :/

I LOVE RPing. It's one of my favourite activities, so I wouldn't give it up just for some guy, no matter how much I loved him. Sounds kind of cold, but... the things I do make me who I am. I like reading and doodling and RPing, dicking around on the computer to talk to people like you, cooking, knitting, geeking out over video game references... these are all things that bring me joy. Why would I give up things that make me happy in order to satisfy someone else? If they can't be happy that I'm happy, well... too bad for them. :/

Again, as other people said, if it was something bad, I'd give it up. If I was an alcoholic, I'd try to quit. But I won't just stop having occasional drinks with friends like I do now, for instance. It's not hurting anyone. If they had a very good reason I might. Like if I got angry when I was tipsy and it made them uncomfortable.

(Roland said he can't think of anything he likes that I don't like, but I can think of something I like that he doesn't: Broadway musicals. OMG don't break up with me because of it, Roland. D: I'm soooo sorry, I'll stop, just for you... xD)

User Image
...I will end you.

Kerrigan_dragon

Aachren

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:56 pm
This is why I intend to be alone for the rest of my life. XD

All joking aside...
If you're an alcoholic and you can't give it up for yourself, then you're not very likely to give it up for someone else.
That being said, if you get together with a recovering alcoholic, then it might be appropriate for you to give up alcohol to help them stay away from temptation.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:35 pm
Hmmm, hobbies that I'd give up? I don't think I really have any I could give up. I mean, I play video games, but very rarely anyways. I just play for several hours usually the few times I do >.<
I wouldn't give up my writing for anything, because that's a hobby that I hope to make a job someday... I wouldn't give up my failed attempts at art because they amuse me. I wouldn't give up my roleplaying because that's how I met some good friends and it's fun... And I can't see anyone asking me to give up baking confused

Rather than hobbies, I'd say I'd have to give up habits. I know that I'm terribly disorganized and can be a mess, but I would try to clean up after myself more. I mean, I already clean up after myself more because of having a roommate and everything.
I would probably be online less so I could spend time with them more, but...  

Lobo-chan

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces