View Results

Wuyabi

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:55 am
This seems to be the eternal question at my abode. Which should we buy? I like sim games and JRPGs, while my sister and dad like more action oriented fare. There is a complication, though. Due to cerebral palsy, I only have the use of my left hand. What has a good range of games to play, and fairly easy to use controls?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:50 pm
ignore both of them and get a pc of some sort, you can find most games on pc, some you just gotta dig around to get. their are emulators and roms you can download((be safe and research it before so, that way you can avoid viruses) as well almost all new games get on the pc

note however i said pc, not microsoft, mac products cannot play many games and you need to buy a mac only game for macs  

idiotic randomness

Nazara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 pm
Wii sucks. If you're a hardcore gamer don't chose Wii.

If you're a casual (play occasionally or with fam) then Wii is for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm
I see your dilemma here.

While the Wii would be better choice as far as controls go, considering you would really only need your left hand to use the Wiimote (unless the game requires the use of the nunchuk). However, the games for it would not really cater to you or your family considering most of the games for it are more like multiplayer party games than anything you mentioned.

The PS3 and its predecessor the PS2 (whose games can be played on the PS3), on the other hand, cater better to you and your family genre-wise, as both contain a fair amount of games that cater to you and your family's preferences. The problem really hits home with the controls, though, seeing as the controls require both of your hands, no questions asked. You could control where your characters move, but would have a hard time making them do anything considering the buttons that control interaction are on the other side of the controller.

Weigh these observations and see what you think.  

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items