Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
People who REMARRY. :o What about your other woman? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:47 am
@VK: So basically you are saying when we are in heaven we won't ever see our family, husbands, wives, or children anymore?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 am
Where did you get that? No. I'm saying that you won't be married to whomever.  

rosadria

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm
VK Fox
Blah. My bad. I meant to hit quote, ended up deleting. I'm not used to having that button. Luckily, I use two different tabs.

Quote:

I understand the relationship between God the Father and His Son just fine, and it didn't take me getting married to understand it either. Marriage =/= parenthood. Jesus is God's Son, not His spouse. Spousal love is different than parental love. They occur on different levels.

The Lamb has already been sacrificed and has risen again. But there are still parts of the OT that we are still bound by. Jesus has repeated them in the NT.

Family structure that God ordained...that includes marriage. So therefore it applies beyond this mortal life. Jesus taught that if you remarry, you are committing adultery. God also said He hates divorce. Which tells me that marriage isn't supposed to end when the physical body dies. It's supposed to be eternal. Love after is eternal, it's never ending. Why would the love between a man and a woman just die when the mortal body dies?

So if you are released from all the covenants you make in this life when you die, then there is no point in making any covenants with God that pertain to salvation and believing in Jesus then by your logic. Because we are released by being bound by the covenants we make at baptism when we die.

The love itself is eternal, sure. I'll grant that. But the marriage itself is not. See the example from Matthew 22. There was no adultery involved in that extreme example.

Baptism itself is a death. You are bound to your old, sinful nature. You die in baptism, and are buried in Christ.

So, if marriage ends at death, but love is eternal, then we'll be in Heaven with that individual whom we devoted to and married to, shared a relationship with, with the memories of being married to them, but yet we will basically be tormented by that memory? We will still have the love that we had for them, but won't be able to celebrate it. How unjust.

I know what baptism represents. I extensively studied it before I decided to be baptised. I was simply using it as an example because of what you had said in your previous post about any covenants we are bound by when we are alive, we are released from when we die, so I wonder, what's the point of even making any sort of covenant if they mean nothing in the eternities.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff