Seems pretty cool.
  I like your style.
  You could use some practice.
  Eh, not really my type of thing.
View Results

Secret Kirari

Magical Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 pm
So, basically, last year, my Phoenix teacher had her classes write between four and six journal-type spouts of imagination every six weeks. She didn't really care what you wrote about, as long as you wrote something, and let her read just one. She called them 'Never Too Lates,' because she (originally) had us write each journal using a 'theme' from a list she'd handed out at the beginning of the year. I still have all my journals, because they were supposed to all be kept in, whaddya know, a journal!, so yeah.

I felt like some of them were good enough that I'd put them up here. Some are more personal than others, but they're all me. I'm not so much looking for constructive criticism on each piece as its own being, but more of concrit for my overall style and such. I want to know if you like it, what you like, what you didn't like, and why you didn't like it. Of course, how I can make it better is always lovely.

And if you just want to put part of that... Sure. biggrin I'd just prefer if you'd tell me why you don't like it should you decide to post about that, because I can't make it better without knowing what's putting you off.

I'll add an entry tomorrow, because right now... I need to sleep, haha!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 pm
I don't like it because there's nothing for me to read yet. Boo! Fix it! xp

I jest really. This seems like an interesting premise. But pray tell, what is a Phoenix teacher? o.o  

Shadyness

Secret Kirari

Magical Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 pm
Oh! Sorry for not explaining that, I keep forgetting that it's not known as Phoenix everywhere. Phoenix is my school district's GT English program. GT is Gifted and Talented--it's sort of like special ed. Just... for the people who score over about 140ish on their IQ test or whatever it was. [Yes, for however forgetful and random I am, I am still smart.]

BUT NOW. I've got a Never Too Late for people to read. biggrin It's based on Germany and Italy from Hetalia, which belongs to Hidekaz Himaruya. It's a little blurb that took up just about... one page, front and back, in my handwritten journal, including the little drawings.

Even if you're not familiar with Hetalia, it should be written to where you can at least understand the gist of it.

Enjoy!

It's Never Too Late...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

.to.look.at.the.stars.

Sometimes, he thinks he remembers something. A small girl in a maid's outfit, ruffles, the soft movements of a deck brush. But the thoughts leave as soon as they come, and he is suddenly awake once more, staring at stars where there should be a ceiling, a familiar Italian snuggled close. For a few moments, he will be bewildered and confused, names he is sure he does not know flitting across his mind.

He will sigh.

He does not wear confusion well, and he is well aware of this. It is a useless emotion anyway, and he does not mind doing away with it--but it often has other plans. His mind will quickly begin to settle itself. This is his routine, and goodness knows how he loves routine.

But sometimes...

Sometimes, when the dream-memories are particularly strong, he will lie awake for a while, examining the stars as if they will tell him what is going on, as if they will answer the questions he burns to know.

Predictably, they tell him nothing, twinkling from far above almost merrily, as if they do know these secrets his own brain hides from him, as if they find amusement in telling him nothing.

He wonders, sometimes, if he is not simply making these things up--but then he rememebers that he doesn't remember, and he is back to square one.

On rare occasions--ones becoming more and more frequent--he will look at the Italian and not see who he knows, but a sweet little girl with a green dress and a white apron, short hair and an impossibly ruffly petticoat. He will blink, will blush and stammer, before finally looking away and cursing his own stupidity.

In return, the Italian will blink, confused, and ask what's wrong. Upon receiving no reply, there will be a prolonged moment of hopeful silence before a sigh breaks it and the pasta on the stove is once again being attended to, the moment soon forgotten.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:48 pm
Here's a poem for everyone. No real basis, just something that came out.

It's Never Too Late...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

.to.be.

I am
And I am me.
You are,
so are you you?
He is and she is,
We are,
They are,
And I am.  

Secret Kirari

Magical Dabbler

The Sauce Boss

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:16 pm
Secret Kirari

It's Never Too Late...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

.to.be.

I am
And I am me.
You are,
so are you you?
He is and she is,
We are,
They are,
And I am.
User Image
"The beginning of wisdom is the statement
'I do not know.'
The person who cannot make that statement
Is one who will never learn anything.
And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

~Thrall

Was this inspired by Rene Descartes...?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:19 pm
Haha! Actually, no. I was inspired by conjugations... however boring that sounds. I was thinking specifically about French conjugations, to be exact, and first it was the verb 'avoir' (to have), but since I was in a poem-y mood... I ended up going with 'to be.' In English, obviously. I think I'd originally planned on simply conjugating, but that just came out and I was like... 'Yeah, I like this.'

So... long made short: not really, nope.  

Secret Kirari

Magical Dabbler

sssfryan

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:29 am
Secret Kirari

It's Never Too Late...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

.to.be.

I am
And I am me.
You are,
so are you you?
He is and she is,
We are,
They are,
And I am.

I like it  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 pm
Late reply is late, but thank you nonetheless for your compliment!

Now, some more. This one had been in my system for a long time, and boooy, can I tell you that it felt good to let it out. I can't say exactly where it came from, but I know that at least part of the reason that it wouldn't leave me alone is because there was just one line from some old Elvis Presley song that I may have heard once or twice in my life that just magically glued itself into my brain and would not leave.

It's Never Too Late...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

.to.comfort.

Hush, my dear,
for all will be well,
even if that is not so
at the moment.

Hush, mon cher,
for tears never looked good
when streaking down
your lovely face.

Hush, mein Lieber,
for your desolate cries
will do naught to help
and it hurts to watch.

Hush, koibito,
for though the sun may set,
it shall always rise again
to bring about tomorrow.

Hush, mi amore,
for I do not like it
when you cry so hard,
and I cannot cheer you up.

Hush, hush, hush, my love.
Do not fret about today, tomorrow, or yesterday.
I love you--
Je t'aime--
Ich liebe dich--
Aishiteru--
Ti amo--
forever.
So hush.  

Secret Kirari

Magical Dabbler

Finished Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff