Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I need advice again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:13 pm
Okay... To Understand my little problem you might want a little background
I'm only 15 and a half.... I'm a Sophomore in High school and I'm happily single at the moment. I've had Plenty of Boyfriends for someone as young as I am.... I currently have a GPA of 3.8 and that's a record for me because I always let guys get in the way of doing my homework...

Now where I need the Advice

I have gotten over 5 guys asking me out.... All of them Say they really like me but I don't really like any of them back.... I don't know how to say no with out being rude... and one of the guys happens to be a good friend and I don't want our Realstionship to be hurt because I turned him down and I might Go with Another guy.... I don't want to hurt Any of these guys by turning them down and then going with someone else after saying I wanna be single for a while..... I just.... Don't know what to do.... Can I get a little help?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 pm
They're going to get hurt regardless. And telling them you want to be single for a while but then doing the exact opposite is going to be as if you poured salt on the wound. You should really just be as honest as possible. There must be reasons why you don't like them. Instead of using the blanket term of "want to be single for a while" let them know why you don't want to date them. Whether you're not attracted to them, aren't feeling it, don't mesh well with them, etc. They deserve honesty. It's going to hurt no matter what you say. But the degree of pain they'll experience is directly connected to how honest you are. They'll lose respect for you if you lie to them and go back on your "staying single for a while" excuse. So I'd try to be as honest as I possibly can when handling the hearts and feelings of others.

At your age, I really wouldn't be concerned with getting a boyfriend any time soon. There are a lot of other things that deserve much more time and attention. (The cultivation of your faith, your school work, your time with your family, etc.)

But I'll pray for you and I hope that God leads you in the right direction.  

Wishboxx

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 pm
Wishboxx
They're going to get hurt regardless. And telling them you want to be single for a while but then doing the exact opposite is going to be as if you poured salt on the wound. You should really just be as honest as possible. There must be reasons why you don't like them. Instead of using the blanket term of "want to be single for a while" let them know why you don't want to date them. Whether you're not attracted to them, aren't feeling it, don't mesh well with them, etc. They deserve honesty. It's going to hurt no matter what you say. But the degree of pain they'll experience is directly connected to how honest you are. They'll lose respect for you if you lie to them and go back on your "staying single for a while" excuse. So I'd try to be as honest as I possibly can when handling the hearts and feelings of others.

At your age, I really wouldn't be concerned with getting a boyfriend any time soon. There are a lot of other things that deserve much more time and attention. (The cultivation of your faith, your school work, your time with your family, etc.)

Heh, I'm not all that great with this girl stuff, but basically what she said.

If you can't be honest with them about not liking them, why would it be a good thing to start a relationship with them in the first place? Honesty and trust are some of the key factors on which a relationship is built, and if you don't have that from the get go, then I'd feel safe to say that the relationship is doomed from the start.

And about the friend thing. He'll probably be hurt, but explain to him as honestly as you can, without grinding him into the dirt. Highlight things you like about him and that you still want to be friends, but that you just don't see him as more than that. Like wish said, when dealing with feelings and matters of the heart, people will always end up bruised. But life isn't about finding people who won't hurt you. Everyone will hurt you, it's only a matter of time. But the key is to find the people who are worth getting hurt over. (If that makes any sense....)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 pm
Wishboxx

I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I completely agree with this! honesty is always the best way to go no matter what! Also, you should pray about this situation and ask God to show you directly what it is he wants you to do.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

AngelFaceBabyDoll

6,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 am
Just be honest with them. And God will show you the right one, if you honestly talk with him. And you have time, just do what your doing.

I think you are doing everything right. Just take it day by day.

Love ya in Christ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 pm
i would say that you are honest as nice as possible, and actually stay single for a moment, it may seem hard, but it may be best. i think you should pray about it and see what GOD wants.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff