Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Dress

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clawed Rose

3,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:39 am
I'm a little confused on this subject.

How are Christians supposed to Dress?

I mean... I dress up for church, wear little to no Make up and Respect my body by keeping everything hidden

But Every other day of the week I'm Decked out in black, chains and dark make up.....

Is it wrong to dress the way I do?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:04 am
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
it's matthew 6, 28 - 29
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

i understand your question, but you just have to be simple... cause without even noticing you start worrying more about your proper look instead of what are you doing there.
of course you have to be carefull, but the trick is to be simple minded. (:  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:03 am
I don't know how much this will help you, but I feel led to post it.

Are you familiar with a TV series called Joan of Arcadia?
In it, God appears to a high school girl named Joan. And He appears to her in all different forms.
First, He's shows Himself to her as an attractive guy her age, then: He's a large, African American lunch lady, and old woman, and even a cute little girl.
He also appears as "Goth God" where He's all dressed in black, spiky Mohawk, piercings, chains, etc.

The point of that particular form was that at times, God and the things He asks us to do can be a little scary. But God would never leave us, no matter what was happening.

Again, not sure how helpful this was....

Though I don't think it is a problem. God isn't concerned with how you dress, He's concerned with how your heart is toward Him and others. As my pastor says often, "The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart." Are you surrendered to Christ? Do you have a relationship with Him?

On the other hand, if you feel that God is leading you to not dress that way, then you know what to do :3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am
We are given agency, meaning we are given the choice to act and thinking in any way we want. We have the freedom of choice. So therefore we are to act according to how our conscience dictates.

Me, personally, I am huge believer in modesty and simplictity. I will not wear tank tops, short shorts or skirts, nothing that shows my middle section, nothing too tight, or that shows too much skin. I keep my make up and hair style simple as well. One of my mottos in Modest is hottest.

There is no set dress code for how Christians should dress. Do what you feel is right in God's eyes and go from there.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

my whole attire of dress is jeans and t-shirts. that's pretty much all I wear. I don't wear make-up because I think it takes away from the true beauty of a person and too many people are concerned with looks... it's just not worth it.

I think consulting God is most important about questions like this. Pray and ask God to show you the way he wants you to dress. If it interferes with your walk with God, then don't wear it. There should be no dress code for church, that takes away from God and that is never right.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff