Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Bipolar Dad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:00 pm
When I was seven my parents divorced. It was mostly because my dad cheated on my mom. But my mom was also happy because my dad's bipolar and hates being worng. Now he married the woman he cheated on my mom with and I have to stay with him every Tuesday and every other weekend. Because of his bipolarity he gets angry easily and spanks me (I'm 14 by the way), he slaps me, and he throws things at me. When he normally does this I'll run up to my room and hide from him. I have anger issues and I don't like hurting people. A few minutes afterward he'll normally come up to my room crying saying he's sorry and he loves me. I know this is a lie because he would the same to my mother and it would never change. His new wife(my stepmother) hates me too. She'll yell at me for "ordering" my half brother around when I just asked him to move. Is it possible to report this to child services? Can they do something about it?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:52 pm
You can definitely do something about your dad getting violent with you. Throwing things and slapping is never okay. Even spanking is borderline abuse to some people. You can't do anything about your stepmom just because she doesn't like you. But I think you might be able to do something about your dad getting violent with you. Just be sure to be as honest as possible when making the accusation because it's a really serious matter. Not saying you're lying, but we have a tendency to get so caught up with passion when we're angry or hurt that things look worse than they actually are. So just be honest with yourself and be honest with whoever you talk to about this.  

Wishboxx

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

YES, you can report this to child services. Your father should NOT be allowed to act like he does. Is he on medication or do you know for sure if he has been diagnosed as bipolar? You are at a high risk and so is your half brother. Have you talked to your mother about what's going on? Let her know what's going on and be 100% honest. She deserves to know because you are her child as well.

I don't think there is anything you can do about your stepmother, but if she is allowing the things to conspire in that house then she is at fault as well. I'm not sure what state you are in, but I think there is a age when spanking becomes illegal.

I will pray for you and for your family!

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 pm
User Image

Yes, you can report it.
CPS will act quickly. (they usually do with any report.)

Your father has no right to hit you like that, just because he is bi-polar and stuff doesn't give him a reason.

Your step-mom is at fault too, if she is just letting him hit you and stuff. I think she can be charged with child endangerment.
She may also have her son put into protective custody.
While CPS is making a case.

Take pictures of any mark left behind form him hitting you so you have proof. The more proof the better your chances of winning a court case.

Tell you mother what he is doing to you. She needs to know and be 100% honest with her.

I'll be praying for you and you family as well.

*disclaimer
Also, I'm not a lawyer or anything. I don't even have a law degree.
Or any criminal justice degree.
I'm just a kid trying to get into college. =p
Noting that I said is guaranteed to happen, I'm just saying what might.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Varjokani

Beloved Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 am
Have you talked about this with your mom? I think your father might have hard times and he is moving bad feeling toward you. My Father yells at me all time and If I m disagree with him I m mad communist. >_<' Your fathers act is not right either. I think you should talk with your mom and if she does not listen you could tell it someone at your school or call someone who can help. Remember that God sees you and hears your prayers. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:39 pm
faithful quenga

YES, you can report this to child services. Your father should NOT be allowed to act like he does. Is he on medication or do you know for sure if he has been diagnosed as bipolar? You are at a high risk and so is your half brother. Have you talked to your mother about what's going on? Let her know what's going on and be 100% honest. She deserves to know because you are her child as well.

I don't think there is anything you can do about your stepmother, but if she is allowing the things to conspire in that house then she is at fault as well. I'm not sure what state you are in, but I think there is a age when spanking becomes illegal.

I will pray for you and for your family!

My mom's aware. However we can't really report it because I don't have any bruises(it takes a lot for me to bruise). He doesn't take any medicine and he hasn't been to a doctor to have them diagnose him. But my mom's a doctor and she says that he's definitely bipolar.  

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:41 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

Yes, you can report it.
CPS will act quickly. (they usually do with any report.)

Your father has no right to hit you like that, just because he is bi-polar and stuff doesn't give him a reason.

Your step-mom is at fault too, if she is just letting him hit you and stuff. I think she can be charged with child endangerment.
She may also have her son put into protective custody.
While CPS is making a case.

Take pictures of any mark left behind form him hitting you so you have proof. The more proof the better your chances of winning a court case.

Tell you mother what he is doing to you. She needs to know and be 100% honest with her.

I'll be praying for you and you family as well.

*disclaimer
Also, I'm not a lawyer or anything. I don't even have a law degree.
Or any criminal justice degree.
I'm just a kid trying to get into college. =p
Noting that I said is guaranteed to happen, I'm just saying what might.

User Image

I don't have any bruises sadly. He doesn't hit me enough or hard enough to leave a bruise. He pulls me more often then he hits me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:42 pm
Shadow The rabbit
Have you talked about this with your mom? I think your father might have hard times and he is moving bad feeling toward you. My Father yells at me all time and If I m disagree with him I m mad communist. >_<' Your fathers act is not right either. I think you should talk with your mom and if she does not listen you could tell it someone at your school or call someone who can help. Remember that God sees you and hears your prayers. smile

My mom knows.  

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

starry night-163

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:31 pm
Is there any way you you can video record this? I'll be praying for you cuz this is sad. When I was young my parents used to try to kill eachother, Idk who's fault it was but I always heard it was my dad, my mom says ,my dad's evil, and I believe it to some degree but who knows who's fault it was. My dad used toa call the cops afterwards and all they did was take a report.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:32 pm
No, I don't have a video camera.  

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:14 pm

you can have your mom report it to CPS no matter if you have marks or not. Child Protective Services will act even if someone says it's just a thought not an action. There is NO reason to remain in an abusive household when there are ways to make it safe.

I have been involved with CPS before, in California that is. And they do NOT act lightly with this sort of behavior. The more times it's reported the better. If it happens again while you're with your Dad, call your mom and have her call CPS or you get the number yourself and call. And then if it happens again, call them again. The more times it is called in the better it is. If your father isn't on any medication then they will make it happen. They can at least put an end to your being with your Father until the case is fully reviewed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:16 pm
Okay  

Raptured Princess

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash