Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 am
Trick or Treat ATG! blaugh It really sucks that trick or treating is something you eventually give up when you grow up. I have so many good memories of trick or treating when I was little. I had really great neighboors who always gave out great treats. Two of my neighboors lived waaaaaay up on top of this massive hill, and barely got any trick or treaters. So they'd always have like, special bags of king size candy bars for me and my sister, because we'd always visit. whee There was also a dentist on our street who gave out toothbrushes....but he wasn't a jerk because he'd also give out bags of chips and doritos and stuff. xd He was awesome.
At the end of every Halloween night, me and my sister and our parents would go to our neighboors house (they lived in the house behind ours) and count out our candy and have a sort of post-halloween hangout. whee

So ATG, with "All Hallows Eve" shortly upon us, what are your fond memories of the night? Also, share your favorite treat. >w< Mine was pretty much anything with caramel, and also Kit Kat bars.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:00 am

My fondest memory and the BEST Halloween I had was when my older cousin came with us in a botched up mix of our old costumes. French maid costume +clown wig + beret + penciled on mustache = Pierre' the French Maid.

It was hilarious and awesome. xD I honestly wish I could find a picture of it because that was the best Halloween of my life.

The coolest treat I got however was on a different year, someone was handing out cans of soda, Pepsi or Mt. Dew.

My FAVORITE candy however is most definitely Reese's. I flip a s**t if someone steals my Reese's. >:c -possessive and greedy Rica is possessive and greedy-

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:22 am
Give up trick or treating? Not me. I'm going out tonight AND tomorrow. Granted, I'm borrowing the child of a friend's friend to do so. But the kid doesn't eat candy, she just wants to dress up and trick or treat...so I get some of the goods! *drools* Sugggaaaar....

Got to dust off last year's NCIS costume now...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:40 am
I'm not a big candy eater so the fun was centered around dressing up. The trick or treating was good though if I got the certain candies I liked. Which is what ultimately ended the ritual for me. I ended up feeling like it was more worth my while to just treat myself to all the sweets I like.

The sweets I like... milkyways, whoopers, sweet tarts, smarties are good. Anything with dark chocolate.
My ultimate favorite though is candy corn.
(people where throwing some around yesterday at school D: the waste!)

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:50 am
My favorite costume was when I was in 2nd grade. I was a ninja and it was freakin' awesome >w<

Favorite candies were and still are stuff like Reese's and Snickers. Once my brother got old enough to trick-or-treat with me, at the end of the night we pooled all our candy together and picked out the stuff we wanted. No one wanted the Now and Laters XP And my folks wouldn't let us eat it all at once, so usually that candy bag was made to last for the following months.

The last time I went trick-or-treating was when I was like...11. My brother stopped a little while after that. Mostly because everyone was starting to get lazy at that point and our neighborhood wasn't that fun on Halloween =/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:25 pm
Wait, you give it up?
>.>
<.<
Lies. I still get dressed up every now and again and hit the town. Or just "borrow" some of our candy bucket's contents.

Favorite candy would likely be Reese's or Bottle Caps (now who remembers that one?).
As for best costume... Well, mine have never been very good.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:43 pm
Since I was too old for trick-or-treating, I have been taking other people's children out whenever possible. Tomorrow, I am actually getting paid $14/hour to take a kid out for candy. And he doesn't eat candy. His mom gets all the loot. D:  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:28 am
Erverain
Wait, you give it up?
>.>
<.<
Lies. I still get dressed up every now and again and hit the town. Or just "borrow" some of our candy bucket's contents.

Favorite candy would likely be Reese's or Bottle Caps (now who remembers that one?).
As for best costume... Well, mine have never been very good.

Bottle caps are awesome! whee Always a fun Wonka candy.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:35 am
I hadn't heard of halloween till I was 14, and afterwards I forget it exists till everyone yells that its halloween, at which point I don't care xD

Norway has no history with halloween at all so for me its some silly american thing  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:05 pm
I love Halloween. It's always been one of my favourite traditions.

When my brothers and I went trick-or-treating, it always worked out really well, since we all like different candies. My favourites are starbursts, skittles, cookies-n-cream bars, gum, and twizzlers. Xan took the gummies and smarties and snickers and mars, and Mike pretty much just stuck with Reese Cups, plain chips, smarties, and oh henry bars.

In my home town, there is a curfew on Halloween; after dark, no one from grade 7 to 12 is allowed on the streets unless they're accompanying younger kids who are trick-or-treating.

Instead, you can go to this huge video dance that the RCMP put on. Free food, free ride there, lots of music, prizes... Not a bad alternative.

Me and some friends had a party on Friday. Everyone dressed up, we played Just Dance and listened to spooky music, ate candy and drank candy-inspired drinks, and generally had an awesome time. >w<

Annnd tonight, I'm chilling out with Josh and taking part in my own Halloween tradition: Watching Alice in Wonderland and Nightmare Before Christmas, eating candy, and drinking tea. :3  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:11 am
Serbia has no Halloween. So..yeahh...

I do like Kit-Kat's, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm
Kids = trick or treating even longer! My siblings were young and I got to take them too, so I have never missed a Halloween.

Favourite candy? Flavoured tootsie rolls! I also really like the caramel squares, anything chocolaty, and candy corn! I HATE Halloween kisses! I think that would be what chewing tobacco would taste and feel like!

Shram, we need to take you out one year! I can't imagine a childhood or even a life without Halloween!  

God-Raped-Me

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 pm
xd Soooo I totally failed at Halloween this year. So it's my first Halloween living in a new town. The Friday before Halloween, there was a town-wide trick-or-treating dealie...that I didn't find out about till it was happening! gonk I got some candy in case some kiddies stopped at the apartment. None did.

So skip to Halloween night, me and my boyfriend are in the middle of a Gaia Halloween party when...*Ding Dong*

We both went eek "I thought they did the trick-or-treating two days ago and we missed it!!!"

Fortunatley we have other neighboors who were well prepared and kept the building from becomming an egg and toilet paper depository.

xp So the moral of the story: Find out when your town has their trick-or-treat night, but keep candy on hand for "The Hallowed Eve" just in case.  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games