Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Am I doomed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

7775886748673572a

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 pm
I was just told by a man this morning that I was doomed to hell. That Even though I am saved, and I repent, Sin is unforgiven..

He began to recite all this scripture to me, and made it all sound convinging..

But growing up, I was told that if I allow Jesus to become my savior and give him my everything, that I would be saved from the flames.. And I have..

Now I am afraid.. Someone help me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:12 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

You are not doomed. I am sorry that someone would twist the word of God to make it seem like salvation is impossible to receive.

Just as you have learned growing up we are Saved if we accept Jesus as our lord and savior and nothing can take us from his hand!

Please do not worry, I pray that the lord will show you that there is no need to fear or doubt.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:47 pm
if you truly trust in the Lord and repent of your sins then you're not going to hell, besides only God can tell you if you're going to hell or not no man can do so. There are even certain ways to know if you're saved and they're there to give you assurance here watch one or read one which ever one you think is best for you to do this is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8dTyPpiAo and this one is to read http://www.gty.org/Resources/Positions/P06 they're both pretty much the same thing lol just the reading one is a bit more specific on things lol and the video says if you fail the test then repent and believe smile and this one is so you don't freak out like I did lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpDD6_Zo0Js however I do suggest you watch this last video, it'll probably even blow away the fear of what that one guy told you but yeah don't let him get to you and what did he tell you if I may know? like what scriptures if you remember. And think about it if sin remains unforgiven then what did the Lord Jesus Christ die for? lol I just found this site, it shows you some verses that show your sins may be forgiven http://www.allaboutprayer.org/verses-on-forgiveness-faq.htm  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm
Thank you so much, All of you.

I got offline this morning, afraid of myself. I was afraid that I was really doomed. That no matter how much I repent. No matter how many times I recieve Jesus, that God will always concider me to be trash. That is how he said it.

And he told me that I could not make it to heaven if I have sinned after being saved. I know I have. I do not practice sin. but I know I have sinned. But each and every night, I ask God to forgive me for my sins, because i do not wish to commit them.  

7775886748673572a

starry night-163

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm
XxNightcrawlerxX12
Thank you so much, All of you.

I got offline this morning, afraid of myself. I was afraid that I was really doomed. That no matter how much I repent. No matter how many times I recieve Jesus, that God will always concider me to be trash. That is how he said it.

And he told me that I could not make it to heaven if I have sinned after being saved. I know I have. I do not practice sin. but I know I have sinned. But each and every night, I ask God to forgive me for my sins, because i do not wish to commit them.

to me based of what you said do not sound like a lost person, you sound saved biggrin just watch the video you'll see and even the reading one I gave you say's those who do not practice sin not those who don't do it is another evidence smile

Edit: I forgot to say only God can truely give you assurance and say you are saved though, not me or anyone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:04 pm
YOu are not doomed dont worry. Even when we except Christ, and even though we try are hardest to not sin, we are still human.  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:18 pm
God's children are not supposed to condemn one another. This guy has spoken wrongfully to you. You, my friend are not doomed. Continue to have faith and Trust in the Lord. When you repent, those sins, are being washed away and forgotten. He promised He would never leave us or forsake us. Continue to be courageous and know who you are in Christ. Do not worry about what others say about you, because what they say is not important. What God says goes. Remember one thing, know how God has been good to you. See where you are right now. You have come this far. You have already accepted the changes that are being made. So now, the Lord will move you to a different level. God Bless you!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:19 pm
Riku Elmwick
YOu are not doomed dont worry. Even when we except Christ, and even though we try are hardest to not sin, we are still human.

There is one thing we must never forget though. We must always conquer the flesh with out spirits. We may be human, but we are walking a spiritual path. :3  

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Krayzie Se7en

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:58 pm
There will be many false prophets in this world that either perverse or misinterpret the Word of God to the pleasure of Satan to watch God's children be deceived and fall.

You are not doomed. The only possible way for any human to be doomed is to not accept Christ. And if you have accepted Him, the only way you're doomed is if you don't protect your salvation.

Ask God to give you greater discernment so that you may recognize, resist and rebuke every attack from the enemy and that you may not fall when any ungodly thing attempts to deceive you.

You're not doomed; in this life, God will always be ready to forgive you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:33 am
Oh, such encouragement. Seeing people so ready and able to help warms my heart, I must say. I am so sorry that someone told you such lies. I don't need to say that you are not doomed, of course--the words have already been spoken.

Do not worry about sinning over and over. Jesus was not crucified to give us a one-use Forgiveness Card. "Okay, lying to your parents, your one sin is used up. Next one and you're straight down to hell, you are." xD Not at all, my friend. He died and rose once more so that all sins ever committed are forgiven, as long as we devote our hearts to him.

If you would like, I will pray for you. And I will pray for the man. He's lost his way, and though he is stupid for screaming blasphemy at you, he, like anyone else, deserves help.
-COUGH and he needs it COUGH-

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas