Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
well, its an rp problem i think

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 pm
in a rp i'm in, its a war against Angels and Demons, i play an angel who is new to the protect humans thing and has never really dealt with a human or a demon. she gets confronted by a new demon who wants my oc to join her. and all the things she says makes me sad even if it is only a roleplay. i sort of voiced that through the character i play and her faith was unwavering. but it still bugs me what the other person said idk if i make sense here or not. its really hard to explain. its like my heart broke or something. i'm not sure what i'm asking either but i had to post this. its been bugging me since it happened.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:02 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I think the reaction you have toward the "demon's" words are normal...

John 10:10a says "The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy;"

and in a way portraying a demon is acting on the enemy's will / thief / Devil so in turn I think that the words the person says could be hurtful even if they really didn't intend to hurt like they did.

I will pray for you for the renewing of your heart that you may be lifted up in all times and that you will know that God will heal you when you feel broken.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:09 am
thank you^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:58 am
A demon is an angel. Just fallen from God's glory.  

Azkeel

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:11 am
Yes, that is true. But they are just as deceitful and hateful as the one who is covered in lies, who likes to seek and destroy. Demons are attracted to light like, a bunch of pesty bugs. But they cannot touch us. This doesn't mean they cannot cause problems. Equip your armour, and trust in the Lord. All evil shall be conquered in Jesus' name.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 am
As an RPer myself, I dont think you should take this too seriously. The beauty of Roleplay is that you can adopt absolutely any persona you want, yet it may not necessarily show your true feelings. For instance, I once had an RPC who was drunk all the time, though I personally detest alcohol. I mean, who knows? Maybe she was simply trying to RP what she thought a demon would do, because lets be honest, someone RPing a demon faithful to god just doesnt make sense.

To make a long point short, dont take too much offense to what is done in a roleplay, because thats all it is: a roleplay.  

Gregar828

serene__

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:16 am
I agree with Gregar.
After all, it's just fiction writing.
It's like reading Harry Potter. Some Christians advise against it, including my church, but it's not like readers are actually going to be that affected and start supporting Voldemort's actions.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 am
i know its just fiction, it was a one time thing, that ticked me off and i felt sort of umm whats the word insulated. i think. i knew that it was fake and all and you get into character, and i guess i just got into character too much *shrugs*  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am
If it bothers you that much maybe you shouldn't RP into those kinds of themes.
There's lots to RP about, but if you are going to join a RP of angels and demons you are going to have to be exposed to that kind of atmosphere.

You could even join a Bible RP! =D
with apostles and stuff!
heck even I would want to RP apostle Paul.
And I'm not even into RPing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 am
Huzzah! Let's start a Bible roleplay! xD I'm not making fun of the idea, that would be really cool if some people got together and did that. But I just found it funny at the same time.

On the subject of the thread:

Oh dear, lifelessdol_13. D: I was in the same situation as you not too long ago. I had joined an Angel and Demon roleplay. I've done a few of those, actually. Mostly, I am an Angel. But there was one difference in a few--I joined as a Demon. I didn't feel too horrible because the Demon was not based on me. I hated my character in most, though I did admittedly fall into the 'good bad-guy' thing and make my Demon wish he were an Angel. But the person behind the character is not the character. I was an evil character, yes, but when it comes to fictional things, adding evil is not a bad thing. If everything is good all the time, then how can you show people the triumph and victory that good has over evil? If Harry Potter was sunshine and bunnies, where is the meaning? You need the contrast to be able to see the good. Without evil, the fact that there is good there doesn't have much meaning. Does this make sense?

I once wondered to my Youth Leader if writing about spirits and demons in my story was bad. She said that as long as the evil does not triumph over the good, then no it isn't a bad thing. If I joined the roleplay as a Demon with the intent to lose and have good prevail, then I am adding to the good of the roleplay, aren't I? I've just totally sidetracked--you weren't even talking about roleplaying as a Demon, were you? I suppose I was just attempting to defend myself. biggrin So human of me.

I know exactly what you are feeling, though. When another character says things that are so against what you believe and what the truth is, they are such lies, you just don't want to hear or read them. In my cases, I just wanted to quit, or tell the person that their character is so wrong. When it happens to me, I feel afraid that the person who controls the character actually believes what their character says, or that someone reading it or another member of the roleplay will read it and find that they believe it.

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:33 am
ya, thats how i felt, like thats what they believed, but i guess thats just me cause i put my all and a bit of myself in every character, evenif its a bad guy or a guy in general. my personality is there so theni don't feel odd playing it. i guess. its rather weird.

i asked once about a story i made, it was a good story and i am really proud of it, but when i told some of the people in my old youth group who didn't know what anime was, they didn't like it and thought it was bad but no t boo bad but evil bad. i didn't think it was.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:59 am
I mostly put a bit of myself into my characters. Only twice have I decided to intentionally make them someone that I hate, to better add to the story. It isn't weird to do that--most people do. It's hard not to put yourself in the character, actually. And I think the entire roleplaying experience is better when you do, because then you are attached to the character, and you put more feeling into your responses, and therefore you get better responses in return, and you feel like you're actually in the roleplay at times. That and your character is always more consistent and realistic when based upon yourself.

What was the story about? I highly doubt that it was evil or bad at all--it may have dark themes, but that doesn't make it bad. In art, for example. You have a plain white sheet of paper. You add dark lines to it so it isn't blank anymore. You shade it darker to highlight the lighter places. It makes it interesting. Of course, this does not relate to real life at all, only writing. In real life, the dark parts don't make things better at all. But in a work of fiction, like I said before, what is the point of writing about good if there is no evil involved?

I don't think there is anything wrong with writing disturbing and dark things. It is supposed to make your skin crawl, so you hate the evil and you want to good to prevail. And when it does, the story is satisfying. My story is twisted. Not the story line itself, but the content--once I actually begin writing it.

Your story is not evil unless you praise the evil in it. If evil wins and good dies, then the story is evil, I think. That's when it crosses the line. Maybe a story could be bad, also, if it speaks lies as the truth and brings people to believe it. But I suppose none of this is for me to decide--I am mere human. Sometimes it is hard for us to remember this, but we do not have the authority to condemn others or claim that something is evil unless God has already said it.

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 am
it is about a group of children, three girls and three guys, at first, the girls are princesses from the middle realm, because spirit world was used and i didn't feel like using that title. the main character who is based off me is a fire princess who was chosen to rule over the middle realm by god, but due to a war she had to flee like the others, they find safety on earth and pose as humans, are found by an angel called Eliot who is the brother of Gabriel, but lost a few ranks after falling inlove with a human that later gets ate by demons, he trains the young ones to fight a great threat that is an escaped demon known as nekama, she wasnte the power of the princessess and would do anything for it. the only bad guys are demons. i made one of the good guys a dragon, and people pull a fit. saying he should be evil dragons are evil! it makes me sick.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:42 am
dragons aren't evil exactly. sure it may seem that dragons could be bad, but in general a dragon is loyal like in Eragon where his dragon would be stubborn, but was far from bad. i don't see why they were arguing.

wait... doll? HEY!
sorry. i just didnt expect to find you in another guild  

darknova1111

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash