Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Please for my friend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:19 pm
Well this is for my friend named Ryan
this is what he said
"Well i have been dwelling a lot in sin and I find it hard to just stop and i really am worried about all of this. Well I have come to the conclusion that I have 3 major sins in my life Number one sin homosexuality number two sin lying number 3 sexual immorality, I feel as if I am going to hell because I remember that when I was younger a pastor said that there is a line that God has and it will be the end of his forgiveness and I fear that I have crossed that line, and that I am going to hell, I pray to God asking him to save me from hell but I feel as if it is selfish and that I am only doing this because i don't want to go to hell I feel as if I am trying to use God but I feel as if he is disapointed in me and that when I die I will go to hell, and i believe but I think I only believe because I don't want to go to hell I don't want to go in that torture, I feel as God will send me to hell I don't want to go there, Everything I have done in my life has been because of selfish desire and not for the sake of others I really want to go to heaven but I think it is for selfish desire, I believe this world has a stronger grip on me then God does and I try so hard not to sin but I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYMORE PLEASE HELP ALICE PLEASE! I honestly don't know anymore I love God but I feel as if it is for selfish desire and I fear that I am going to hell why because I keep on sinning and nothing can help it I want to get over it my pastor said I can fight off sin with God but I don't think I am getting anywhere HELP PLEASE HELP"

First off I will be praying for him second off sorry I made that really long and third any advice or anything I should tell him or want him to know?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:30 pm
Tell him that "line" as his pastor calls it, is called death, so as long as there is life in him there is hope.
He probably feels like that because,as any human would, when there is lack of God there is a desire, an emptiness, a void.
If he is longing to know God more you should help him. Teach him more about the Bible and get closer to God together.
It is actually a good thing that he recognizes that there is something missing. That closeness to God, the fact that we need to have a personal relationship with God, not just a heaven/hell concept.
So I would see that desire as an opening to preach to him the word of God put his focus more in God's goodness, mercy, compassion, and forgiveness.
When you focus more on God's goodness, you fall more in love with him and the least you will want to be away from him.
If you only focus in not trying to sin just because you don't want to go to hell then you'd probably end up failing.
Like that, whenever he feels the urge to sin again, he'll remember how much God loves him and how much he will be hurting him. Right there and then he can ask God for strength to overcome sin.

A question; has he already taken the steps in the plan of salvation?
If not, I'd say that's a good place to start.

He will see a complete 360 degree change when he starts having a true relationship with God.

Pray for him and pray to God to help you be a good spiritual friend as well. ^_~

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 pm
we are all selfish and have sinned but the thing is is that God loves us and wants us to be with him. we are his kids in a way. and as a Father he wants whats best right? so there is never a chance where its too late to change and accept him in your life. except for death, once your dead its no turning back. explain that to him, give him hope. When i was little my pastor told me that every time a person accepts Jesus as their lord and savour the angels throw a party. i will pray for your firend.
my pastor also said that when you sin its like a brick wall between you and God and that by asking for forgivness will tear it down. but that doesn't mean to keep on sinning without trying to change. hope this helps and sorry its so long.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games