Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Prayer requests
Insomnia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:44 pm
User Image

I suffer from it. >.>
i hate staying up late and sleeping the day away.
I feel so useless when I sleep in until the late hours of the day...
But I cant help it...
I just cant get to sleep until late late late at night. D=

I hate it.

Please pray that God will help me through this problem.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:10 pm
I'll be praying for you. My brothers friend's brother is an insomniac and his parents used to give him sleepy time tea because it's not a drug(I think) I think it helped lol.  

starry night-163

Traumatized Dollie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:52 pm
That sounds more like a messed up sleep schedule that your body's gotten into than insomnia. My brother was the same way earlier this year, but he doesn't have insomnia.
I've got insomnia; I haven't been able to get to sleep and stay that way for longer than three hours since the last time I took Benadryl. The effect of that stuff on me is sort of like what I imagine an acid trip would be like. I actually passed out all over my keyboard after taking it. @_@

Have you tried forcing yourself into sleep at around 9pm (either doing it yourself or using medications, it doesn't really matter which you choose)? Sometimes, with things like this, that's all you have to do to remedy the problem. Your body gets used to one sleeping schedule and it doesn't want to break it, so you have to force it into a different one, which the body adapts to over time. (Er, that's how the doctor explained it to my brother, anyway)

Either way, you're in my prayers.
Good luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:00 am
I have a similar problem.
I cannot, apsolutely CANNOT fall asleep at night without my 'sleepy medicine'

My sister drinks a bazillion energy drinks, so she takes some of my medicine. Result? She's fast asleep, and I'm wide awake until we get a refill =.=

But anyhow, this has been my schedule for the best days:

1st night of no meds: up until 5 in the morning
2nd night: up until 3 in the morning
3rd night: Up until 1 in the morning
Last Night: I haven't fallen asleep yet.

So there you have it.

OH, and even with my medicine, I don't feel tired until, like, 12:00AM. In which I lay in my bed thinking, and then just have the problem of falling asleep. So if I went up to bed at 11:00, I'd probably fall asleep at 12:00.
: (

Then I sleep in until 11:00.
I homeschool, so that's an upside to the sleep problem.

I'ma keep you in my prayers. heart

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:47 pm
User Image

It very well could be that my sleep schedule is messed up.

I'm trying to go to bed early, i have made progress, instead of waking up at noon I have woke up at eight.
My goal is five.

i still need to work on going to bed, I want to go to bed early. Midnight isn't a good bedtime.

But thanks for praying.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:45 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I will pray that God will help guide you to a more comfortable sleep pattern.

from the time I was about 6yrs old I had insomnia. I wouldn't fall asleep until my father woke up for work which was around 4am and I would have to wake up for school at 7am. As time went on I developed a lot of health issues and such and was pulled from school and was home schooled. My sleep schedule was go to bed between 11am and 1pm and wake up at 4-5pm. often times I would stay up for about 48hours at a time. I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to sleep. It took a lot of hard work but I learned to train myself to go to bed at about 10pm. I've done pretty well with that but I have noticed myself kind of slipping back into my old habit because lately my bed time has been about 1am-2am.

It will take time to discipline yourself to a bed time to your liking and comfort but it is worth it. Best of luck to you!

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
Prayer requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items