Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
Harry Potter...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverInk Awakening

1,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm
I know that their are A LOT of Harry Potter fans out there and I am in no way trying to start something, but does anyone think that it's witchcraft?

I don't know much about it because my parents never let me or any of my other siblings watch or read it. My parents feel that anything that deals with witches and wizards and spells is witchraft. After hearing what Harry Potter fans talk about it, they never seem to think that it deals with witchcraft.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:40 pm
Wasn't there already a thread about this?

Anyway, the reason 'witchcraft' is considered bad is because those who practice witchcraft are worshiping Satan or some other pagan god. Right?

Does anybody, after reading Harry Potter, decide to worship Satan? Do they decide to dedicate their lives to practicing spells and whatnot? No? Then it poses no danger at all. In fact, the storyline of Harry Potter has a good moral to it (triumph over evil, etc) and I think it's good for kids to read it if they enjoy it. It's not harmful to anyone in any way.  

Saint Crazy The Follower

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:42 pm
Saint Crazy The Follower
Wasn't there already a thread about this?

Anyway, the reason 'witchcraft' is considered bad is because those who practice witchcraft are worshiping Satan or some other pagan god. Right?

Does anybody, after reading Harry Potter, decide to worship Satan? Do they decide to dedicate their lives to practicing spells and whatnot? No? Then it poses no danger at all. In fact, the storyline of Harry Potter has a good moral to it (triumph over evil, etc) and I think it's good for kids to read it if they enjoy it. It's not harmful to anyone in any way.

This!

EDIT: Also Harry Potter is just a fiction novel. It's meant for the enjoyment of those who read fantasy type books. There is no satanic type messages within the books. If people are going to point fingers at Harry Potter for having witches and wizards and witchcraft in it, then they need to point fingers at The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings series as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:00 pm
I've read harry potter, and (Disclaimer: I'm saying this with as much respect as possible) People who think it is "witchcraft" and "satanic" are a bunch of ignorant fools. It's a book about wizards, THATS IT. 'But oh no, they call them witches!' THATS A FEMALE WIZARD, NOTHING MORE. What are we, judges of the Salem witch trials? There is not one reference to any sort of god in the series whatsoever, nor is there any form of worship. There are good guys, and there are bad guys, and they can use magic. But the biggest point I'm trying to make is, ITS A FREAKING BOOK. It's an imaginary world about imaginary characters with magic powers, created to entertain people with a good read (Because the books ARE excellent), not to promote satanism or any of that crap. As shadows said, if you're going to point fingers at harry potter, then you have to point it at Twilight (which would probably be regarded as even MORE satanic, except they didnt use the word Witch), Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, or any other popular book series that uses supernatural elements. And I really dont care who this offends, but anyone who says harry potter or any other fictional book series intended for a person's entertainment is promoting satanism is an UNCULTURED, IGNORANT FOOL.  

Gregar828

SilverInk Awakening

1,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 pm
Ah ok, that makes sense. It's just that it has been proven that the things that you let into your spirit tend to have an effect.

There was a time I was reading and watching some things that touched in with witchcraft and magic, even though it had a great moral to it, and I wasn't being the best Christian.

I know that there are many others out there who have had the same effect as I, which is why I created this forum.

And in many of the Christian novels or movies that I have read or watched, all had the person involved with witchraft as evil or the villain.

Edited:
NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT HARRY POTTER PROMOTING SATANISM...Stop being so defensive, it's just a question.  
Entertainment Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games