Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
The Mark of the Beast Coming to a non-beliver near you! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 am
The title is bait , the way I see it.
You're missing the hook. ^_~
Bait without a hook just floats everywhere and goes all over the place. drowns in the bottom of the ocean.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woah! man! you're jumping all over the place. Easy there.
Clarify your initial claims then we can move on.
This torpedo only goes 60/mph, you're trying to go scape velocity here.
XD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:18 am
There is no hook but there is a net.

Hmmmm lol

Post scripture on a pre tribulation? 3nodding  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:25 am
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
I would never take some thing that was warned against in the scriptures. I have read what the consequences will be, but I'm not worried about it right now.

Only pointing out a disruption in this post.
What is it exactly that you are not gonna take?
I think that is exactly what this thread is discussing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like we are willfully accepting these forms of manipulation and control upon us.
Not gonna happen all of a sudden like puff! Look at this! it's the number 666! we are an evil organization in plain view and you are all going to hell.
At least not in the beginning. The enemy comes in with lies and deceit.
We are slowly and willingly accepting their forms of control and schematics in order to pave the way for the real thing.
Now, I'm not gonna go ballistic and frightened about it because this has been going on for quite a while.
We live in a world where we don't belong, and it's bound to happen.
But if you're keeping your eyes very peeled and your feet ground strongly on the rock, then there's nothing to worry about.
This only spells one thing.
We have to be on our toes about Jesus's coming.
In other words, "Just do what you have to do all in the LORD's mercy and grace."

I was talking about not accepting the Mark and whatever else the scriptures advised us not to do. And I also pointed out that I wasn't going to sit and worry about what the Mark of the Beast may or may not be.

yes, but if you don't know what you're supposed to reject, how are you going to reject it?
I'm talking more about using common sense and using the knowledge that God has given you to understand your surroundings.

Now I didn't focus on your second statement because I simply agree with it so I see no use in repeating it.
as I said just pointing out what seems like a very vague and fallacious statement.

I mean I wouldn't do anything that was forbidden in the Bible if I could!
Yet so many people end up failing because they didn't know how it would apply in real life in the first place..
Then when it's time to render justice there's gonna be a lot of "I didn't know..."s

Anyway I'm just explaining what I meant with a disruption with your post. Not necessarily saying that you have to agree with everything this thread has put on the table, but there is some sense in knowing what is it that the Bible is talking about instead of discarding everything and using a vague term in place of unknown subject . Which brings my attention to "whatever else" which is usually a place maker for uncertainty.

Well no one knows what the mark of the beast is. There is a lot of speculation out there. Some say it's a chip, some say it's an ID card, others say it' a credit card, money, checks, etc. If all of those were the mark then all Christians are doomed because I don't know of any Christian that doesn't have some sort of an ID card, credit card, money, checks, etc. That's why I don't see the point in speculating and trying to tie the prophecy of the mark to common every day things that we all use, because I doubt that it will be or is one of those things. Whatever the chip is, it will be revealed in these last days some time, so until it is, I take the attitude, why live in fear of it?

My use of "whatever else" was just another way of me saying etc. essentially.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:28 am
Green_Fuu
↑ How can you fish without a hook? (Your opening statement)
It sounds like you are fishing without one.
XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I find it disturbing that you are putting us in the position of someone who was staying after the rapture 0_o (referring to a comment you made to Shadow's-shine a while ago.)

The mark of the Beast and tribulation isn't going to happen until God's church is taken.
Unless you think so otherwise I think that would be topic for a different thread; maybe not.

Well, I don't believe in the Rapture, pre-trib, post-trib, or mid-trib, etc. I don't believe it's biblical doctrine. As for when the mark and the tribulation are to occur and come about who knows...The Bible doesn't say. For all we know those events could usher in the Second Coming of Christ.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm
Azkeel
There is no hook but there is a net.

Hmmmm lol

Post scripture on a pre tribulation? 3nodding

The thing is...I don't get why you're asking me to post scripture in tribulation if we are discussing "The mark of the beast." and you haven't actually discussed your position on it, so I'm guessing you think the mark of the Beast is coming before the rapture?
(Refer to response made to Shadows)

This is what I mean with make your ideas clear. I see no point in discussing something when there is no need to, That is just arguing/discussing for the sake of arguing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:44 pm
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
I would never take some thing that was warned against in the scriptures. I have read what the consequences will be, but I'm not worried about it right now.

It seems like we are willfully accepting these forms of manipulation and control upon us.
Not gonna happen all of a sudden like puff! Look at this! it's the number 666! we are an evil organization in plain view and you are all going to hell.
We are slowly and willingly accepting their forms of control and schematics in order to pave the way for the real thing.
Now, I'm not gonna go ballistic and frightened about it because this has been going on for quite a while.
But if you're keeping your eyes very peeled and your feet ground strongly on the rock, then there's nothing to worry about.
In other words, "Just do what you have to do all in the LORD's mercy and grace."

I was talking about not accepting the Mark and whatever else the scriptures advised us not to do. And I also pointed out that I wasn't going to sit and worry about what the Mark of the Beast may or may not be.

yes, but if you don't know what you're supposed to reject, how are you going to reject it?
I'm talking more about using common sense and using the knowledge that God has given you to understand your surroundings.

Now I didn't focus on your second statement because I simply agree with it so I see no use in repeating it.
as I said just pointing out what seems like a very vague and fallacious statement.

Yet so many people end up failing because they didn't know how it would apply in real life in the first place..
Then when it's time to render justice there's gonna be a lot of "I didn't know..."s

Anyway I'm just explaining what I meant with a disruption with your post. Not necessarily saying that you have to agree with everything this thread has put on the table, but there is some sense in knowing what is it that the Bible is talking about instead of discarding everything and using a vague term in place of unknown subject . Which brings my attention to "whatever else" which is usually a place maker for uncertainty.

Well no one knows what the mark of the beast is. There is a lot of speculation out there. Some say it's a chip, some say it's an ID card, others say it' a credit card, money, checks, etc. If all of those were the mark then all Christians are doomed because I don't know of any Christian that doesn't have some sort of an ID card, credit card, money, checks, etc. That's why I don't see the point in speculating and trying to tie the prophecy of the mark to common every day things that we all use, because I doubt that it will be or is one of those things. Whatever the chip is, it will be revealed in these last days some time, so until it is, I take the attitude, why live in fear of it?

Yeah, I also don't think the Mark of the Beast is out yet, (in the open). That is just my opinion.
In that, I agree with you. I can analyze however how these events could lead to and pave the way to...
As I said nothing to worry about if you are in good standing with God.

Just can't disregard current events as "whatever" or "it just happens because it happens"
Scriptures are revealing themselves one by one, whether it's prophecy or daily living things.
I just find it interesting to see how scripture is applied in daily life.
It's really amazing when you come to realize it.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:50 pm
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
XD

Anyway, I find it disturbing that you are putting us in the position of someone who was staying after the rapture 0_o (referring to a comment you made to Shadow's-shine a while ago.)

The mark of the Beast and tribulation isn't going to happen until God's church is taken.
Unless you think so otherwise I think that would be topic for a different thread; maybe not.

Well, I don't believe in the Rapture, pre-trib, post-trib, or mid-trib, etc. I don't believe it's biblical doctrine. As for when the mark and the tribulation are to occur and come about who knows...The Bible doesn't say. For all we know those events could usher in the Second Coming of Christ.

But... but.....scripture says so...

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess, 4:16-1 cool .
EDIT: (lol, the characters I used turned into an emoticon, i'll just leave it in for laughs XD)

" Behold, I tell you a mystery: <--(woo! we get inside scoop) We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Cor. 15:51-53).

I wouldn't like to be punished for something I didn't do. That would very un-Godly of God wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 pm
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine

Yeah, I also don't think the Mark of the Beast is out yet, (in the open). That is just my opinion.
In that, I agree with you. I can analyze however how these events could lead to and pave the way to...
As I said nothing to worry about if you are in good standing with God.

Just can't disregard current events as "whatever" or "it just happens because it happens"
Scriptures are revealing themselves one by one, whether it's prophecy or daily living things.
I just find it interesting to see how scripture is applied in daily life.
It's really amazing when you come to realize it.

I don't disregard events as whatever. It's just that with certain things, I have to because there have been things that have been worse in times past that could have already been a fulfillment of prophecy rather than what is going on now. For instance, the Black Plague that wiped out almost the entire human population. I guess, with all that I have studied and researched, I've come to the conclusion that we've been in the "end times" ever since Christ's death and resurrection. So pointing out that, for example, the earth quakes occuring means we're now in the end times is futile, since we've been in the end times for over 2000 years.

I also can't bring myself to worry about the things of this world, even if they are fulfillment of prophecy because Christians have been given a promise from the Lord that we will be protected from the wrath of God. And I try to think more eternally rather than in the moment on a lot of things.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:23 pm
Green_Fuu
Shadows-shine
Green_Fuu
XD

But... but.....scripture says so...

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess, 4:16-1 cool .
EDIT: (lol, the characters I used turned into an emoticon, i'll just leave it in for laughs XD)

" Behold, I tell you a mystery: <--(woo! we get inside scoop) We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Cor. 15:51-53).

I wouldn't like to be punished for something I didn't do. That would very un-Godly of God wouldn't it?

I don't want to derail the thread, since it isn't about the Rapture, but I will post a few links about the Rapture and why I don't believe in it.

http://www.reformedonline.com/view/reformedonline/rapture.htm

http://www.suite101.com/content/is-the-rapture-biblical-a74003

If you (or any one else) wants to dispute/discuss/debate my position further, feel free to PM me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 pm
You're right.
Posting links back and forth of questionable credibility only spells disaster D:

Therefore back on topic; One single event by itself is not gonna announce the end times. It is rather a series of events, according to Revelations.
Therefore pointing at one single event as a sign is futile.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 pm
How do I put this? I can not take a stance or have an oppinion because I lack understanding on the pre-trib post-trib mid-trib rapture. I will however point out that these times we live in seem to be during tribulation so perhaps the idea of a pre-trib is wrong. The sign in the heavens seems to have happened already with the "Lady of Fatima: incident where the sun "Danced" and 70k or w/e witnessed it. We can go into the days wages for a loaf of bread being a horseman as the great depression ect. And since this is my thread I'll allow it to evolve as needed thus don't worry about de-railing my topic. Please, I want everyone's ideas and I'll let the spirit decern.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 am
Green_Fuu
You're right.
Posting links back and forth of questionable credibility only spells disaster D:

Therefore back on topic; One single event by itself is not gonna announce the end times. It is rather a series of events, according to Revelations.
Therefore pointing at one single event as a sign is futile.

True. There just haven't been any string of events that match up with how Revelations describe it. There have been things that have occured even back to the time of Noah (maybe that's a bit of stretch, but any how) that seem to match up with what Revelations says, but then several thousand years, several hundred years, or several decades later the same thing happens. So it's really hard for me to just accpet the theories about the calamities, for want of a better term, about the end times. I accept the fact that we are in the end times, because we've been in them ever since Christ was resurrected, but I don't want to attatch a time line to the events as prophesied in scripture because they all correlate with the end of the world and no man knows when that will be. But any ways, this is all my opinion of course.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas