Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I was just told I wasn't a Christian... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gregar828

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm
faithful quenga
Gregar828
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats
I'm a Catholic and I can't tell you how many Christians will consider me not Christian. You try to disagree and know in your heart it is wrong but the devil knows the places that hurt most.

I guess my mother was right, then... about the dark night of the soul.

If your catholic then your not Christian sorry... it's better someone tells you this now then you finding out later on when you die and go to hell. I say repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ which to believe means more than Just believing the claims of Jesus it means to trust in him and only in him not in anything else, not are faith, not our works, not our repentance for that does not save but only our faith, not in our performance, etc.

See, THIS is one of the idiots you ignore. Are you saying that catholics do NOT believe in jesus with all their hearts? You are so ignorant that it hurts. I'm sorry, I know that this is a christian guild and we must be nice, but slandering someone's religion based on ignorance is something I CANNOT tolerate.
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Calling someone and idiot for any reason is wrong, do not do it. You need to have respect for the people in this guild, their beliefs may be different, they may be misguided on things but that does NOT give you the right to call them an idiot. I've seen you make more than one post with you calling someone an idiot and I will not accept that. Please watch what you say in this guild.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

I AM sorry for saying things like that in a christian guild, but I will NOT apologize for someone who slanders another person's religion like that. SHE should be the one to to watch what she says. That, and she should apologize, to ALL Catholics in this guild, especially Phantom. Reading that post all but broke my heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 pm
I, myself, was hurt as well. My family is Christian and Catholic too. I really don't see the difference. They both believe in Christ as their Lord and Savior, and follow His commandments. Sure, there might be slightly different ways of doing it, but it all leads back to the same thing....

That's my veiws on it, at least.

But I will forgive her. Perhaps she wasn't sure that it would hurt anyone's feelings. She was mistaken, but everyone makes mistakes now and then. Forget and forgive, right? :]

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

For a while I believed that Catholics and Christians were not the same but to be honest, in recent years I have seen a few Catholics who seem to have the most amazing faith ever. When I finally look at their Facebook profile or whatever the case may be, I do get kinda confused...and then stressed out and frustrated on what to think. So really I just don't know. I think some Catholics may just practice Catholicism differently then what is mainly known as Catholics. And those Catholics practicing it differently, are practicing it a bit differently because they know more of the truth as opposed to the commonly known Catholic.....I hope that wasn't too confusing. sweatdrop Again I really don't know, but if you read His Word and you feel convicted about something that you think maybe you should change whether it'd be your denomination title or just a small belief about something Christian/Catholic related, then pray about it a lot and just do what you feel the Lord is leading you to. 

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

Quote:
She told us....God has not appeared to us in any way (even through angels) since his ascension into heaven,

I would have said the same thing but then I remembered the whole Paul having an Angel appear to him and releasing his chains event which happened AFTER Christ's ascension. (Acts 12:1-19) So I don't know maybe Christ does still speak to us through Angels, I haven't heard of such an event happening but I guess you can never truly know some things.  

As for the purgatory...you're going to have to give me a verse that implies such a thing. I think that is just something to just make people feel a bit better about death. But if you truly believe that you are saved in Christ and believe in him for him, then you'll want to go straight into his arms as soon as you pass, not just sit around in purgatory for a decade or two. Just my thoughts on the subject. But to say that you believing in purgatory automatically makes you NOT a Christian, I think is a little off base. I don't know your true relationship/faith with the Lord and neither does that other Guild leader, only the Lord truly can completely know that for any of us. 

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:46 am
Gregar828
faithful quenga
Gregar828
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats
I'm a Catholic and I can't tell you how many Christians will consider me not Christian. You try to disagree and know in your heart it is wrong but the devil knows the places that hurt most.

If your catholic then your not Christian sorry... it's better someone tells you this now then you finding out later on when you die and go to hell. I say repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ which to believe means more than Just believing the claims of Jesus it means to trust in him and only in him not in anything else, not are faith, not our works, not our repentance for that does not save but only our faith, not in our performance, etc.

See, THIS is one of the idiots you ignore. Are you saying that catholics do NOT believe in jesus with all their hearts? You are so ignorant that it hurts. I'm sorry, I know that this is a christian guild and we must be nice, but slandering someone's religion based on ignorance is something I CANNOT tolerate.

Calling someone and idiot for any reason is wrong, do not do it. You need to have respect for the people in this guild, their beliefs may be different, they may be misguided on things but that does NOT give you the right to call them an idiot. I've seen you make more than one post with you calling someone an idiot and I will not accept that. Please watch what you say in this guild.

I AM sorry for saying things like that in a christian guild, but I will NOT apologize for someone who slanders another person's religion like that. SHE should be the one to to watch what she says. That, and she should apologize, to ALL Catholics in this guild, especially Phantom. Reading that post all but broke my heart.

Haven't we forgotten that we are all in One body in Christ? Without a arm, or a leg, or etc; how can the church function? The church as in, 'His' church. Remember: The Lord is coming back for 'His Bride.' Every tongue, every nation. This DOES not disqualify catholics, or other religions. :/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 am
PhantomHoofbeats
In another Christian guild I was in, I was kicked out by the captain because she said I wasn't a Christian. She told us that there is no purgatory, God has not appeared to us in any way (even through angels) since his ascension into heaven, and the Holy Bible is the only place where God speaks to us. I disagreed with her on all of this and she told me since I believed in it, I wasn't a Christian.

Does that truly not making me a Christian by believing in those things? I don't understand.

As far as I care, the only thing that you need in order to be Christian is to have accepted Jesus as your savior and asked for the forgiveness of your sins. And maybe Baptism. Mark 16:16 notes "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (NIV) While the minor details may differ between denominations, if you've met the criteria above, I'd consider you to be a Christian.

I disagree with the idea of Purgatory myself, actually, but I don't think that people I believe to be incorrect are somehow no longer Christian because of something like that.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:22 am
Gregar828
faithful quenga
Gregar828
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

Just to repeat. . .
Calling someone and idiot for any reason is wrong, do not do it.

Regardless of her actions, she is not the only one who should watch what she says. You claim she is an idiot because her interpretation of the Bible does not hold with Catholic beliefs and interpretations of the Bible, and that saying they are not Christian is insulting.
You are insulting her for having an interpretation of the Bible that is not pleasant for Catholics.

Personally, I think what she said was a harsh statement of her Biblical understanding. However, she never said a single word which was intentionally insulting or derogatory. It may be received that way because it is an unpleasant opinion that challenges their basic belief in Christ, but she didn't call anyone an idiot or claim they were ignorant in a derogatory way for their understanding of the Bible.

She said they were wrong.
You said she was wrong.

The difference? She was speaking in love and a desire to bring others closer to God (REGARDLESS of whether she was right or wrong, or what anyone here including may think of the matter), while you are taking insult and returning with harmful words for no reason other than to insult.

The Lord taught with love and grace, a strict hand when necessary. He never yelled at the world to apologize for being disgusting little humans wallowing in sin and ignorance as every single person on this planet has.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 pm
PhantomHoofbeats
In another Christian guild I was in, I was kicked out by the captain because she said I wasn't a Christian. She told us that there is no purgatory, God has not appeared to us in any way (even through angels) since his ascension into heaven, and the Holy Bible is the only place where God speaks to us. I disagreed with her on all of this and she told me since I believed in it, I wasn't a Christian.

Does that truly not making me a Christian by believing in those things? I don't understand.

You know a Christian is defined in the bible and as Christ said you may know them by their fruits. but let me ask you a question I was woundering, what exactly do you believe? like how do you believe someone get's to heaven? take what you believe and compare it to the bible, if it's wrong then it's wrong, don't try to justify it. Jesus told us to seek and we will find(Matthew 7) and that's a promise from God and we know God isn't a liar other wise he would be a currupt God which he isn't, my adivice would be seek until God shows you the truth. It's true it doesn't matter what "religion" you are as long as you truely believe in Jesus and repent of your sins, then eventually God will show you whats right and what's wrong.  

starry night-163

starry night-163

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:29 pm
VK Fox
Christian claims must be compared to the truth of the Bible. If what you believe matches up to what the Bible teaches, fine. If not, throw it out!
In the proper context, I heard a quote by a favorite preacher of mine that is applicable here.

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it only matters what the Bible teaches."

I completly agree on that, thanks smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm
Saint Crazy The Follower
I was once told some very good advice. It said that we, as Christians, should not compare our faith to others. We should compare our faith to Jesus Christ, and him alone. Our ultimate goal is not to become like other people, it is to become more like Jesus.

YOU know that you are a Christian; that is all that matters. You do not need to prove anything to this person. Christ will reveal himself through your actions; if another person does not see it, there isn't much you can do about it but move on.

That isn't necessarily true, the bible talks alot about true and false converts there are many who are in the church and arn't even saved, their not Christian and those you need to rebuke lovingly and show them the way and if they refuse then I don't know what to do from there but let God take care of them all you can do for them now is pray that they may be saved. If people can't see you're Christian, then it's likely you're not a Christian. Remember the parable of the sower( Jesus talked about many who accepted the Good news but in the end fell away. Same with the parable of the ten virgens and the parable of the talents and the parable of the unmerciful servant( Matthew 18:21-35 ). Jesus even said you shall know them by their fruit? and the book of 1 John even says examine yourself to see if you are in the faith, now what does that tell you? it means some us are walking around thinking we're saved but we're really not. The book of 1 John even gives us a test to take to see if we are in the faith. These videos basically talk about whether you're saved or not I recommend you watch them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8dTyPpiAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rncnhmzfpwo  

starry night-163

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out