Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
SNOOOOW

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:01 am
So I hear a lot of the US is getting a lot of snow! I'm not, being in Texas, but I can share a little story from last Christmas...

We had a huge snowstorm on Christmas Eve last year, we had high winds and waist-deep snow. It was a ton of fun for me - walking down the street to my friend's house felt like an Arctic expedition! We found some sleds in her garage and we sledded down an overpass-hill (since there weren't any real hills nearby) it took a while to get a hang of it, but it was really fun. I lost my old cell phone in the snow, and it was too deep to find it, so we had to wait for a few days until it melted. When my dad found it, it was still on and working... sort of. razz
A lot of cars got stuck on the highway, and since this is Texas, we weren't really prepared for big snowy conditions, so they were stuck all day. I actually met someone in my college English class who lived somewhere else, but got stuck in my hometown because of the storm. I think we tried to "import" a snowplow from Kansas or Oklahoma, but it took too long to get here for most people. My best friend's family actually took in a family of 9 who were stuck near their house. They lived far away... I don't remember where... but let's just say their house was very busy that Christmas!

I doubt I'll ever see that much snow around here again, it was beautiful but also quite a bit of trouble... hahaha.

Got any fun snow stories? Is it snowing where you live?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 am
I live up north in Illinois and snow is a common occurrence up here. That doesn't get rid of the "mystical" part of it! When i's just sitting on the ground for so long it drives me nuts but when it's falling its the most beautiful thing I see all year! Snow is an amazing thing, huh?  

daddinar

Shy Phantom

Katie Wildheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:20 am
I live in South Dakota and the snow this year sucks.....

Yesterday it was blizzarding all day and now there r huge snow drifts everywhere. Of course, I maybe wouldn't mind the snow so much if it wasn't cold. I hate cold.... >.<  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games